JudasD
23 years ago
I bought a 5 pack of these guys just because they were cheap. I just smoked one about 10 miutes ago and it had no flavor at all?!?! There was a slight body to it, but zero flavor, and i mean zero. Is this normal for this cigar? I was expecting at least some kind of taste. heck, even a bad taste would have at least been a taste. 😞

JD
SteveS
23 years ago
I've tried seveal Diesel sizes and found all of them to have minimal flavor, but plenty of harshness ... being a fan of full-bodied flavor and an avoider of those that are merely harsh, I don't buy Diesels at any price any more ... I know guys who like them and for them, that's fine ... they're just not for me.
jreddoch
23 years ago
Try the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Seconds, a much better and very flavorful cigar for a similar price.
GetYourOwn
23 years ago
Smoke half and leave the rest on the patio and it will develop a nice "flavor" for the next day.

They don't taste bad to me. You just gotta do the blow torch thing when they get harsh. The kids like the fire that shoots out.
Mr.Mean
23 years ago
I purchased a bundle when they first posted em here. So I guess they got 6 months on them now? HUGE difference from when I first tried them. Initial taste was missing throughout. 3 months later, a little better. Now? I think they have reached their potential and are a non-complex but flavorful medium bodied smoke. Harsh? they can be, I just baby em a bit and they do fine.
Mr.Mean
23 years ago
I purchased a bundle when they first posted em here. So I guess they got 6 months on them now? HUGE difference from when I first tried them. Initial taste was missing throughout. 3 months later, a little better. Now? I think they have reached their potential and are a non-complex but flavorful medium bodied smoke. Harsh? they can be, I just baby em a bit and they do fine.
Mr.Mean
23 years ago
Som of na beech!
SteveS
23 years ago
MrMean, I've still got one Diesel in the humi ... a presidente size ... it's been there since early last spring, about 7 or 8 months ... I'll drag that baby out and test your theory, then get back to you with a full report ...
Mr.Mean
23 years ago
I smoked two last week getting the same qualities out of both.
eze
  • eze
  • Herf-A-Holic
23 years ago
Three words to describe Diesel cigars. OVER RATED. Oh that's two....and TASTELESS!!!!!
JudasD
23 years ago
at least i'm not alone on not liking this cigar. i feel better now 🙂

JD
GetYourOwn
23 years ago
Over rated? Thats pretty funny. What high ratings were given to cigars that only come in bundles and are named after petrolem products? What were you expecting for less than $1?
Claytonbahr
23 years ago
Please don't smoke crappy cigars. Put them out, before it's too late.
Users browsing this topic