bloody spaniard
14 years ago
If you look carefully through the window, you can see my cot parked next to the tractor & push mower. [gonzo]

The Japanese cherry trees (similar to the basin's in DC) are beginning to turn a pinkish hue.
copy Backyard & Son 017.jpg

Click to View Image107 View(s)

bloody spaniard
14 years ago
See the wooden trellis on the side of the shed? That's where the wandering jew Rickamaven sent me every year used to hang. Wait, that didn't sound right. 😰

Besides, I think it was a clingy passion flower. Beautiful plant but it was a California native that died every year due to cold weather. Replaced it with a perennial.
🇨🇮
wheelrite
14 years ago
BDS12
14 years ago
Looks great, nice and peaceful, but is it hard to keep the cigar lit when your going down the slide??
bloody spaniard
14 years ago

Looks great, nice and peaceful, but is it hard to keep the cigar lit when your going down the slide??

BDS12 wrote:




LOL! If I gain any more weight, I may need the jaws of life to get me out of that thing.


Thanks, Wheelie. When we set up the tent, crocquet, baseball backstop, etc. the kids have a blast.
jackconrad
14 years ago
I would get stuck in that thing !
itsawaldo
14 years ago
Peaceful, pastoral, serene.......jealous, wish I had land still.
jetblasted
14 years ago

See the wooden trellis on the side of the shed?

bloody spaniard wrote:



No . . .

Nice looking back yard. What kind of grass are you growing this time of year?
Good looking trees you've got there, too.
bloody spaniard
14 years ago
LOL@Jack! I wouldn't worry about that slide if I were you. The swings on the other hand...


Thanks. It's very therapeutic, itsawaldo. Hope you don't mind my asking but how much land did you have & why did you leave it?


Thank you as well, Jet. If you can see the (2) dark shadows along the right side of the shed, you are seeing the v-shaped trellis(es?). The clinging vines are only about 1-1/2 ft.
As far as the type of grass, I don't recall what was originally planted other than there were TWO types of fescue- one was more of a shade blend around the immediate area of the house & the other (further from the house) was a hardier tall Kentucky 31 fescue blend. Throughout the years, we've used both Scott's and Naturalawn's (lawn service) to reseed & fill in spots left by drought & moles.
MrsSledn
14 years ago
I so LOVE that! Beautiful and peaceful!
jackconrad
14 years ago
I see the lights again !
Users browsing this topic