daveincincy
14 years ago
The kids were moving rocks near the pond (at the farm) and this little guy was under it. I told them not to touch it since I didn't know what kind of spider it was, but it had that creepiness to it that told me it could be dangerous. I looked it up on the web when I got home, and from what I can tell it's a Northern Black Widow. 😱 ...yeah, don't touch it. Black widow didn't come to mind becuase of the orange spots down it's back, but I guess there are more than 1 type of black widow. The fact that its body resembled a black widow was why I wanted no part of it. We never turned it over to look for the signature "hourglass" marking.
northern black widow2 (Medium).JPG

Click to View Image148 View(s)

DrafterX
14 years ago

We never turned it over to look for the signature "hourglass" marking.

daveincincy wrote:




could have just kicked him or used a stick or somethin... 😟
delarob
14 years ago
I don't like spiders and snakes..
daveincincy
14 years ago

could have just kicked him or used a stick or somethin... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



I didn't know black widows could have orange spots down its back so I didn't bother. In hindsight, I shoulda crushed it with a stick or somethin..
ZRX1200
14 years ago
I caught a jar full by hand as a kid. Handed the mason jar to my mom and she turned white.
APBTMarcel
14 years ago

I don't like spiders and snakes..

delarob wrote:



+1
bloody spaniard
14 years ago
^ me three.


Stepped on one a that fell out of a deck torch. Sounded like bubble paper. :-&
kharzhak
14 years ago
nice! I step on the spiders if they are the dangerous kinds ... otherwise, play time for the kitties!
daveincincy
14 years ago

^ me three.


Stepped on one a that fell out of a deck torch. Sounded like bubble paper. :-&

bloody spaniard wrote:




I once stepped on a spider in the house (intentionally) when I was a teen. It too sounded like bubble wrap. After that, I was stomping out what looked like hundreds of tiny spiders that went scrambling...apparently I killed their mommy. :heebyjeebys:
Nicar
14 years ago
Cant believe Drafter would kick a creature !!!!
DrafterX
14 years ago
spiders are not puppy-dogs... 😳 😳
Nicar
14 years ago
And that makes it ok?
DrafterX
14 years ago
yep... and that doesn't mean you can rename your dog spider... 😟
smokestaxx
14 years ago
itsawaldo
14 years ago
HATE SPIDERS!
I got bit twice by Brown Recluse, I came close to losing a section of arm, hospital, IV antibiotics and everything. It was scary.
05busa
14 years ago
cute lil fella
Guido099
14 years ago
We have plenty of the regular black widows down here in NC.
Anone want to work out a trade for some 😉
05busa
14 years ago
xibbumbero
14 years ago
In SoCal,we have been nvaded by the Brown Widow spider. Looks just like the Black Widow
but is brown and has an orange hourglass. X 😰
Nicar
14 years ago

yep... and that doesn't mean you can rename your dog spider... 😟

DrafterX wrote:




I wouldn't dare!

I'm really not that cruel...............when she listens!
Users browsing this topic