cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago
Wife and I attended the anniversary opening of a Italian restaurant we like, and as part of the samplers they where offering a new Coors beer was presented. A recipe supposedly resurrected from the archives. Not even shown on the website yet, but guessing reminiscent from the 1930's pic shown on their timeline. Definitely not the Coors or Light of today.

Enjoyed a 6'er and tried to buy a 6'er but not widely available for sale yet. Only select markets. Followed them after with a PSD4. Nice pairing. Look for them to come your way.

Check-out Batch19.com and FB.
CoorsBatch19_web_cc.jpg

Click to View Image141 View(s)

Buckwheat
14 years ago
Interesting. Prohibition killed American beer. Phunken idiots for trying to legislate morality and temperance.
Stinkdyr
14 years ago
^^ This is what happens when you give chix the vote.
Why is mj still illegal?
Why is prostitution still illegal?

🍺
Rclay
14 years ago
Tobacco prohibition is well underway. Call it what it is Tobacco Prohibition Movement.
Thunder.Gerbil
14 years ago

Wife and I attended the anniversary opening of a Italian restaurant we like, and as part of the samplers they where offering a new Coors beer was presented. A recipe supposedly resurrected from the archives. Not even shown on the website yet, but guessing reminiscent from the 1930's pic shown on their timeline. Definitely not the Coors or Light of today.

Enjoyed a 6'er and tried to buy a 6'er but not widely available for sale yet. Only select markets. Followed them after with a PSD4. Nice pairing. Look for them to come your way.

cacman wrote:




Probably won't hit the Coors website except as a footnote, if it ever hits at all.

It's not about making good beer, it's about controlling the market. They could have made good beer any time they wanted to. Business is slumping for the big guys right now, while microbrews are making headway. And, they don't like that.

One of Anheuser-Busch/InBev & Miller/Coors's newest things, last 5 years or so, to try and grab that small segment of the market they don't control is to masquerade some phony microbrews out there.

If they can knock a microbrew off a tap, that's one less bit of competition. It's all about profits and bottom lines at the big 3 (or 2 depending on how you look at it) now.

Some of these phony-micros aren't bad. They also aren't great either.

But, if you want a beer that was actually made by people who care about beer, go get a real micro. In many cases, it's a better beer too.
jackconrad
14 years ago
Rclay
14 years ago
Thunder, thunder, thunder.gerbil ho!!!!!!

You got it. I don't think Sam Adams is a friendly as they let on either.
DrMaddVibe
14 years ago



This is on Netflix.


Must see.
Stinkdyr
14 years ago
I had an Allagash White last night. Veeeeeeeery tasty.

If only that silly club would let me schmoke a ceegar with it.

🍺
cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago
As with cigars, if you like it drink it. I don't care if it's from one of the big breweries or the local brewery down the street. I've had bad beers from both. I don't care how much they care about beer, or the better quality ingredients they may use. If you don't like it, a bad brew is still a bad brew.

I've had Coors many years ago along the coast before it was distributed north of the Mason Dixon. Today's Coors is not the same beer. (Like the Molson Export here is not the same across the border). And the Batch 19 is nothing like the Coors of today for you old Coors fans. When the only choices are Coors Light, Batch 19, Fat Tire Summer Ale, and some Hard Cider, found the Batch 19 to be very good. Don't really care for the Fat Tire's, but haven't tried them all yet. Consider them to be like Sam Adams - meh. Really like some of the brews coming out of Left-Hand Brewing.

🍺
delarob
14 years ago
Yuengling used to be much better years ago before they started branching out from the Pottsville area. All beers tend to get a little big for their britches after a while. I have no doubt Budweiser was a good beer once. Once.
MACS
14 years ago
I actually like regular Coors. It's not a favorite, but it's a decent alternative when you're somewhere they don't have a wide variety.

I want to try this, now...
plinytheelder
14 years ago

I had an Allagash White last night. Veeeeeeeery tasty.

If only that silly club would let me schmoke a ceegar with it.

🍺

Stinkdyr wrote:



If you smoked a cigar with it, you would lose a lot of the subtlety of the beer.
plinytheelder
14 years ago

I actually like regular Coors. It's not a favorite, but it's a decent alternative when you're somewhere they don't have a wide variety.

I want to try this, now...

MACS wrote:



Not available near you Shawn. check their site for more info.
matchew
14 years ago
I happen to like regular Coors. i grew up drinking that stuff and on occasion still drink it. I like my beer on the
mellow side so that probably explains why I like Coors.

I drank(tried to anyway) a Flying Dog IPA that was left in the fridge by my stepson and that crap was awful! tastes
like it would be a good paint thinner though...or maybe wall paper remover.
cacman
  • cacman
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
14 years ago

Yuengling used to be much better years ago before they started branching out from the Pottsville area. All beers tend to get a little big for their britches after a while. I have no doubt Budweiser was a good beer once. Once.

delarob wrote:


Went through kegs of Michelob (Anheiser-Busch/Budweiser product) in my youth.
Remember this commercial?


They completely changed the Michelob recipe a few years afterwards and it's swill now. Not that it was that great then but it was considered a step up. Bud is what Bud is... a cheap rice beer. Don't think it has gotten any better or worse over the years. But at least it's been consistent.

Just appreciate the efforts of the biggies trying to diversify their offerings. More beer sample
🍺
Users browsing this topic