itsawaldo
14 years ago
Taking a crack at a doubles station on Sunday with the new Beretta.
My son used my old Model 12, tried my new gun and promptly went back to the Model 12.
Kid hasn't shot in 5 years and I think he beat me!
sunday.jpg

Click to View Image135 View(s)

DrafterX
14 years ago
looks like you scared that deer pretty good..... 😟
Stinkdyr
14 years ago
Guns should be outlawed...........don't worry, the Democrats will keep you safe.


[gonzo]
nine999
14 years ago
have you met knockmdwn?

he's not such a bad shot either....


nine
DrMaddVibe
14 years ago
.







TREE









KILLA!!!!



















madspackler
14 years ago
Nice picture. Sounds like you had a great day at the range with your son. Hope the new gun shot better than expected.

Run a few boxes through it, then get it fitted properly after you are comfortable with handling it. The difference will be amazing.


BTW- from the title of the post, I had almost expeceted a different picture of a pair - something more like Wheel would post. LOL
itsawaldo
14 years ago
^ It was a deceptive title wasn't it?
I've put 300 rounds through it already and I have seen a slight improvement. I changed from IC to M for this last week and maybe I should have stayed with IC for this last 100, I might have seen a greater improvement then what i have seen so far.
Point was I was with my son and we had a lot of fun, we hope to go out once more before he leaves for a year.
MIKEHARV
14 years ago

.







TREE









KILLA!!!!






TREE HUGER












DrMaddVibe wrote:


knokmdwn
14 years ago
Proper fitting will make a big difference. Even after that, it takes most shooters about 6 months to really get used to a gun, how it feels when you move it, where it shoots, etc.

Don't give up on it. You just need to get used to the feel. And btw, the difference between IC and Mod choke is about 2 or 3 inches at the edge of your pattern. Not a big difference. You probably didn't miss any clays due to choke.
knokmdwn
14 years ago
How far are you out of Chicago? I will be there in August for a tournament. I will fit the dang thing for ya when I'm out!
CelticBomber
14 years ago

How far are you out of Chicago? I will be there in August for a tournament. I will fit the dang thing for ya when I'm out!

knokmdwn wrote:




What kind of tournament shooting do you do? I've been watching that show top shot and have been amazed at some of those guys and their skills. I don't own any guns (Not against them I'm all for em) but I have gone shooting with friends and there is nothing more fun that going shooting with a guy who has his class 3 and his own private land up in the mountains of PA. After shooting my first fully automatic gun and watching 30 odd bullets fire in like 2 seconds I can't help but laugh at any movie where someone is shooting a fully automatic rifle and the ammo lasts for like 5 minutes before they have to reload;-)
itsawaldo
14 years ago

How far are you out of Chicago? I will be there in August for a tournament. I will fit the dang thing for ya when I'm out!

knokmdwn wrote:



Hey Ray, I have your email on my BB, if I'm in town that week I will drop you a line and let you know.
Northbrook shoots in far NW Chicago, up in Lake County, at least an hour+ north of me, but if I can I will make it up there and see you.

Keep your powder dry!

Chris

madspackler
14 years ago
Waldo -
You should do all you can to have Knokmdwn get you fitted on the shotgun. The difference is amazing. I went from a 55% shooter to an +80% shooter within a month after my fitting. You do not even have to think about anything but keeping your eye and concentration on the clay bird. The gun will shoot exactly where you look if it is mounted properly. It becomes instinct.
itsawaldo
14 years ago
^ I will do what i can to meet up with him, just depends on when my son is leaving, the dates are 8-13/19 when the tourney is on so I hope I can!
Don't think I'd mind shooting a bit better!
fishinguitarman
14 years ago
DUDE! SOMEBODY STOLE YOUR ASS!!!
knokmdwn
14 years ago

Hey Ray, I have your email on my BB, if I'm in town that week I will drop you a line and let you know.
Northbrook shoots in far NW Chicago, up in Lake County, at least an hour+ north of me, but if I can I will make it up there and see you.

Keep your powder dry!

Chris

itsawaldo wrote:




Chris, sounds good. Hope you can make it there. I did't realize that it was that far from you. I'm only shooting two events (World Fitasc & a 200 bird sporting clays event) so my days shouldn't be too packed. If it works out that you can make it, maybe we can get it fitted and then go to one of the warm-up courses and you can shoot it.

One of my students is going also (his dad lives in Chicago) and he's a new cigar smoker. He says there's a nice lounge not far from where we are staying.
knokmdwn
14 years ago

What kind of tournament shooting do you do? I've been watching that show top shot and have been amazed at some of those guys and their skills. I don't own any guns (Not against them I'm all for em) but I have gone shooting with friends and there is nothing more fun that going shooting with a guy who has his class 3 and his own private land up in the mountains of PA. After shooting my first fully automatic gun and watching 30 odd bullets fire in like 2 seconds I can't help but laugh at any movie where someone is shooting a fully automatic rifle and the ammo lasts for like 5 minutes before they have to reload;-)

CelticBomber wrote:




I shoot all shotgun tournaments.....sporting clays to be exact. I have several of my students that were urging me to go on that show. Problem is, I don't do enough rifle and pistol to be at the top of my game in those regimens like I would need to be.
itsawaldo
14 years ago

Chris, sounds good. Hope you can make it there. I did't realize that it was that far from you. I'm only shooting two events (World Fitasc & a 200 bird sporting clays event) so my days shouldn't be too packed. If it works out that you can make it, maybe we can get it fitted and then go to one of the warm-up courses and you can shoot it.

One of my students is going also (his dad lives in Chicago) and he's a new cigar smoker. He says there's a nice lounge not far from where we are staying.

knokmdwn wrote:



Drive is no biggy, some quick lessons and herf? Easy to choose what I'd do! Its the time as my son is heading overseas and I want to be around for him.
If I can i will be there.

Happy Trails.

Chris
Users browsing this topic