MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
13 years ago
I caught 10 fish in about 2 hours, just using night crawlers on a drop shot. After I lost #11 I called it a night.

#11 was gonna be big... I was using 10 pound test, had my drag set, and he STILL snapped my line. He went on a run, I reeled him in, he went on another run, I reeled him in again, and when he went for the third run... snap!

This is the biggest one I caught, not even 3 lbs, but probably close. Most were in the 2 lb range.

bass.JPG

Click to View Image140 View(s)

Whistlebritches
13 years ago
Ever fished Lake Otay??Used to be an awesome lake.....bass to 10 and 12 pounds were not all that uncommon.Last time I fished was back in the early 90's.


Ron
ZRX1200
13 years ago
I always use 15lbs test on bass, they have strong jaws.
Gene363
DrafterX
13 years ago
looks like a pacu.... 😟
wheelrite
13 years ago
very nice Shawn !
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
13 years ago

Ever fished Lake Otay??Used to be an awesome lake.....bass to 10 and 12 pounds were not all that uncommon.Last time I fished was back in the early 90's.


Ron

Whistlebritches wrote:



I have, Ron, didn't catch anything, either. It isn't the same as it was back in the day, since they built an Olympic training center right on it.

Vail is about 7-8 miles from my house. It's a private lake, but if you pay $10 they'll let non-members fish it from sun up to sun down. Best $10 I ever spent and you don't need a license because it's a private lake. The fish seem a little malnourished if you ask me. That's probably why night crawlers work so well... they're hungry.
teedubbya
13 years ago
Photo shopped. The shadows are all wrong.
PorknBeans
13 years ago
no good eatin i like sucker n carps
Users browsing this topic