dstieger
12 years ago
For only the second time in over 30 years of voting, I'm seriously considering voting for a candiate that has no chance of even coming in second. I get the argument that it is a 'wasted vote'.....

But, until more voters willing to break, I don't know how we'll ever get fruitful discussion that moves us toward governing that's more independent of the big party machines.
kombat96
12 years ago
I agree with the statement of a wasted vote. If u didn't vote against Obama then u voted for him with ur casting of a third party vote. Lesser of two evils. Have to choose. My opinion. But I respect anyone's choice on how or whom they vote for.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
With voter fraud, nobody's vote matters.
bloody spaniard
12 years ago
I feel the same ambivalence, dstieger.
Problem is I have little faith in the voting public due to their track record of late. IMHO, the middle class's back is broken & they put pocket book issues over principles. So even though principled "constitutionalists" may be elected in local elections, the big stage is reserved for the status quo which is turning us into a dependent class.
DrafterX
12 years ago
Nothing really matters..
Anyone can see..
Nothing really matters - nothing really matters to me...

Anyway the wind blows... :-" :-"
tailgater
12 years ago
I think the ballots should eliminate the reference to party affiliation.
This would stop the bozo's from BOTH sides voting party over person, or at least it would make it more difficult.

If you know the person and their platform, then vote with confidence.
Otherwise, leave it blank.



HockeyDad
12 years ago
For Federal elections, the ballot should state how much Federal funds each voter should expect from each candidate based on income demographic so they can make the educated decision. An organization like the CBO could do the dollar estimates.
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago

For only the second time in over 30 years of voting, I'm seriously considering voting for a candiate that has no chance of even coming in second. I get the argument that it is a 'wasted vote'.....

But, until more voters willing to break, I don't know how we'll ever get fruitful discussion that moves us toward governing that's more independent of the big party machines.

dstieger wrote:




It's not a wasted vote.

You did your duty and voted.


WGAF if people tell you it's a wasted vote...this isn't a popularity contest.
Buckwheat
12 years ago
I think that all politics should start at the local level. I don't think that voting for a third party candidate in a local election is a wasted vote. Until a third party has a base in local government it will never be able to compete with the "dumb and dumber" parties that we currently have.

I always liked the saying; 'It's not who votes that counts but who counts the votes."
dstieger
12 years ago

It's not a wasted vote.

You did your duty and voted.


WGAF if people tell you it's a wasted vote...this isn't a popularity contest.

DrMaddVibe wrote:




I don't GAF what people say. The only cogent argument against voting third party, if that's your preference, is that it would be better to vote the lesser of the two actually viable evils.
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago
The R's and D's have effectively shown ANYONE now that they're both in on the swindle.

They just want power. They're both going to do the same thing with it.

Might as well vote 3rd party...or just adopt a plan where if they're in you vote against them no matter what party they're in. The lunacy that people put in the "party" is obvious. Their eyes appear glazed and rolled back in their heads...they don't act rational, have to carry the water no matter what issue they're morally against...if they have the "right" letter after their name...they can do no wrong...even when they're stone cold busted in the middle of a sex scandal...honey badger don't care...do what you have to do to drain the swamp. One thing is for certain now. We cannot trust them to police themselves or do their damned job.
TheSmokensip
12 years ago
I think i may vote 3rd party myself.
So sick of the Dems and Reps same sh*t over and over.
There has to be something better than this. Right?
victor809
12 years ago
On could make the argument that any vote, given the options provided, is a wasted vote. You're choosing whether the lube they use while pounding you in the butt is silicon or water based.
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago

On could make the argument that any vote, given the options provided, is a wasted vote. You're choosing whether the lube they use while pounding you in the butt is silicon or water based.

victor809 wrote:




Georgetown Voting Outrage!!!!
victor809
12 years ago
Oh be quiet you sad little man. Go sit in your van down by the river.


...or did you not get that back?
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago

Oh be quiet you sad little man. Go sit in your van down by the river.


...or did you not get that back?

victor809 wrote:




Lighten up Francis.

YOU'RE the one bringing lube to a polling station!
ZRX1200
12 years ago
I agree with Victor and buckwheat on the same thread........buying a loto ticket tonight.
bloody spaniard
12 years ago
Question: What to do about current state of sorry political affairs
Answer: Vote third party & sweep out fossilized, self serving dinosaurs
Problem: Libertarian- minded Republicans more prone to doing so than mainstream Democrats who tend to be somewhat Progressive & stay the line within the party. Reagan(R) being the exception. He actually swayed normally loyal Democrats to vote for him.
Example: Note Cuccinelli (R) vs. McCauliffe (D) race in Virginia- third party Libertarian candidate drawing votes from Republican bloc, thus almost assuring Democrat upset victory due to split vote on 11/5/13. It can be argued that Perot did same to Bush Sr. AND Dole allowing Slick to waltz in both times. Exception being Ralph Nader's Green Party vote in Florida which may have had some deleterious effect on Ozone Gore's Democrat margin by sapping liberal votes & enabling the affable buffoon Bush jr. to prevail.
DadZilla3
12 years ago
"You know, comrades, that I think in regard to this: I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this - who will count the votes, and how." - Joseph Stalin
victor809
12 years ago
Diebold.
Diebold counts the votes.
Users browsing this topic