dstieger
9 years ago


My reason for voting for Johnson was never because I want him to be president. It is about rejecting the two major parties/candidates, and HOPEFULLY, furthering the discussion and possibility of a viable third (or fourth?) party.

So, now I'm a little torn, because McMullin is VERY impressive and I think I COULD support him for an actual presidential bid.

But, now...if I vote for McMullin, do I subvert my original thought of 3rd party viability by weakening the Libertarian possibility? Or, is the major party protest, alternative seeking anti-vote equal...whether it comes for Green, Libertarian, other? I doubt that, however. I think we probably need a single, stronger, third party instead of a mess of scattered support for anything other than the majors.....what to do...what to do...
DrafterX
9 years ago
the Plumber..?? 😕
dstieger
9 years ago
not a plumber...former spook. I doubt he'll get Jonesy's vote


http://www.cbsnews.com/news/who-is-evan-mcmullin-and-can-he-win-utah/ 
Just Relax
9 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHKtxnL1Sk

My reason for voting for Johnson was never because I want him to be president. It is about rejecting the two major parties/candidates, and HOPEFULLY, furthering the discussion and possibility of a viable third (or fourth?) party.

So, now I'm a little torn, because McMullin is VERY impressive and I think I COULD support him for an actual presidential bid.

But, now...if I vote for McMullin, do I subvert my original thought of 3rd party viability by weakening the Libertarian possibility? Or, is the major party protest, alternative seeking anti-vote equal...whether it comes for Green, Libertarian, other? I doubt that, however. I think we probably need a single, stronger, third party instead of a mess of scattered support for anything other than the majors.....what to do...what to do...

dstieger wrote:



I don't think the youtube link is correct as I'm directed to a guy making a joke about how to get rid of backlash on a reel...

Stay strong with Johnson. The potential for 5% is obtainable.

Googled the dude and has good ideas though he looks like an internet poker player more than president.
dstieger
9 years ago
LOL....sorry....got the correct one now...I think
DrafterX
9 years ago

not a plumber...former spook. I doubt he'll get Jonesy's vote
/

dstieger wrote:




was thinking of this guy when I saw this.. 😟

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markwayne_Mullin 
dstieger
9 years ago
Now that Trump is whining about McMullin, it sort of validates him a bit. I'm seriously considering switching from Johnson to McMullin...no Aleppo's in McMullin's closet, that I'm aware of.

My only hesitation is that my vote for Johnson wasn't a vote for Johnson. (If I thought he might win, I'd have a hard time voting for him.) It was a vote for 3rd party viability -- like some others on here. I worry that votes for McMullin (or Stein, or Mickey Mouse...) would dilute that message. Then again, this year is fn nuts, anyway....in two or four years time, nobody will think we were voting for a third party --- we'll all just have been put in the "Never Trump/Never Hillary, They both suck" basket and forgotten
DrafterX
9 years ago
Trump is the current 3rd party... he's just already won half the election... 😟
dstieger
9 years ago

Trump is the current 3rd party... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



Not according to Priebus....that masterful head of the GOP
mikey1597
9 years ago

not a plumber...former spook. I doubt he'll get Jonesy's vote


http://www.cbsnews.com/news/who-is-evan-mcmullin-and-can-he-win-utah/ 

dstieger wrote:





racist!
dstieger
9 years ago
Maybe if I was like, 85 years old....
danmdevries
9 years ago

Trump is the current 3rd party... he's just already won half the election... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



Less than half.
DrafterX
9 years ago
well, I meant he beat the Repubs and now just needs to beat the Dems.. 😟
dstieger
9 years ago
Apparently, McMullin didn't make it onto the list of validated write-in candidates here in VA. Looks like I'll be pulling (for) the Johnson.
dstieger
9 years ago
Found out why McMullin isn't a validated write-in here in VA. Apparently, he made it to the actual ballot...with his name printed on it and everything...no Johnson for me...better slip out of work early so I don't miss poll closing time.
Users browsing this topic