Speyside
9 years ago
So tell me, how is this making America great? As long as your telling me that maybe you could also mention how this follows our right to freedom of speech.
delta1
9 years ago
America wants to be Thumped down. We don't care about science, facts or anything that detracts from having a good job with benefits. We don't believe, or care, that our work can make life for our kids or our kids' kids miserable. We don't care that there are ways to create good jobs and make our country/world safer.
DrafterX
9 years ago
I don't guess I've heard about this.... He's he reversing Michelle Obama's school nutrition facts or somethin..?? πŸ˜•
teedubbya
9 years ago
It's not just those agencies and watch for disappearing data.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
delta1
9 years ago

LMAO

ZRX1200 wrote:



Betcha won't be laughing when you have to move your van farther away from the river...
DrafterX
9 years ago
Kinda like Obama removing the Threat Level Alert system so everyone would think we were safe... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago

Kinda like Obama removing the Threat Level Alert system so everyone would think we were safe... 😟

DrafterX wrote:




No not at all. Raw data sets used for research. Not just EPA.
DrafterX
9 years ago
well, I used to use that system to determine what I should carry that day... 😟
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
do you all work for companies that are cool with you updating the public on company dealings via your social media accounts? typical liberal fear mongering...


"USDA officials said that after the email was sent, acting USDA Deputy Secretary Michael L. Young sent out a three-page memo to USDA agency department heads and other key agency officials outlining the interim procedures staff should follow.

A copy of the interim procedures memo, dated Jan. 23 and seen by Reuters, shows many of the steps reflect either the same or similar measures taken by the previous administration. Reuters also saw a memo, dated Jan. 22, 2009, that was sent to agency officials by former Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack.

The 2017 memo, however, differs in two main areas.

It centralizes the agency’s media inquiries and social media presence through the Office of the Secretary. As part of that, the memo asks USDA agencies to β€œreview their websites, blog posts and other social media and, consistent with direction you will receive from the Office of Communication, remove references to policy priorities and initiatives of the previous Administration.”

It also rescinds the ability of USDA agencies to close an office or notify local delegations of office closures."
teedubbya
9 years ago
I don't have an issue with controlling company social media accounts at all.


opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Liberal fear-mongering headlines...


Trump Just Ordered Government Scientists to Hide Facts From the Public

USDA Ordered to Stop Talking to Public

Trump Administration Restricts News from Federal Scientists at USDA, EPA

Information lockdown hits Trump’s federal agencies

teedubbya
9 years ago
I'm not going by headlines
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

I don't have an issue with controlling company social media accounts at all.


teedubbya wrote:



well america is a big ass company, and the company president just told his employees to stop spreading company news on social media... what's the problem?
teedubbya
9 years ago

well america is a big ass company, and the company president just told his employees to stop spreading company news on social media... what's the problem?

opelmanta1900 wrote:




I have no problem with that
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
so you have no problem with the presidents "gag order"? can you find one? I feel like debating something I know relatively little about...
teedubbya
9 years ago

so you have no problem with the presidents "gag order"? can you find one? I feel like debating something I know relatively little about...

opelmanta1900 wrote:




I have no issue with freezing government social media. I'd have no issue if they were eliminated entirely. That's not even on my radar.

Unfortunately I'm not comfortable talking about what I see and my concerns at the moment (in here). I'll revisit it some day when things are more clear. I am disturbed by a couple things however.



As an unrelated side ... I watched the Obama admin manipulate the FOIA system to their benefit and found it disturbing. I also watched them manipulate congressional casework, reporting and oversight.... I tend to get uncomfortable when checks and balances are eroded or manipulated
Gene363
9 years ago
Meh, what company doesn't require all outgoing information requests to be a single source or have a designated information officer?

Certain lawyers are always willing to take any sort of company communication as a contract. To wit, many years ago my employer supplied us with personalized note pads that had the company logo. One lawsuit later that claimed a note with the company logo was a contractural contract not just a note from an individual that was not authorized to make a contractural commitment. The company replaced all the notepads sans the logo.

Oh, as for that data, it will be around until they abolish the EPA, then it will be archived in the recycle bin. [frypan]
Buckwheat
9 years ago

well america is a big ass company, and the company president just told his employees to stop spreading company news on social media... what's the problem?

opelmanta1900 wrote:



The problem is you're claiming that "america is a big ass company" which just doesn't have any basis in reality. Wasn't founded and has never been a company.
Why do you hate america? 🐴
Users browsing this topic