tailgater
9 years ago
Yesterday Cape Cod Time headliner:
http://www.capecodtimes.com/news/20170809/grants-to-help-cape-towns-combat-erosion 

Yeseterday Boston Globe tidbit:
https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2017/08/09/climate-change-will-hit-new-england-hard-report-says 


So now reports are now saying recent "scientific" predictions were not harsh enough.
And towns are now getting grant money to combat climate change.

Coincidence.

Couldn't be about the money.

Nope.
Head in sand.
Climate has been constant for 100 million years before the SUV was invented.
#consensus
#hillarywon

Mr. Jones
9 years ago
I Don't believe it is ALL MAN MADE...

WHAT ABOUT THE ICE AGES...

AND WARM PERIODS throughout the last "recent"
500,000 years ...which in earth time is nothing..,

But ....you can't tell me that all the pollution that man creates and the eco-systems he destroys
"Doesn't have an effect on the climate"....
Its just a matter of how much...
And if we ruin the ozone later...I think mankind is screwed...
But I'm no scientist...
JMHO
DrafterX
9 years ago
racist... 😟
delta1
9 years ago
Don't know anything about Cape Cod, but Easter Island can be used as a cautionary tale about humans and their connectedness to their environment. Bad decisions can be catastrophic...

Australia's insistence on basing their economy on sheep farming may have similar dire consequences. The continent doesn't have enough rainfall nor soil conditions to sustain that production. Fortunately, they may have realized that folly and are reversing their course...

Too bad people have a phobia about eating kangaroo meat. The country is ideally suited to produce mass quantities of kangaroo meat and products...
gummy jones
9 years ago
Beaches erode?
Next you'll try to tell me California was built in a desert or something
teedubbya
9 years ago
There used to be plenty of pheasant and quail to hunt in southern Iowa. Not so much anymore.
MACS
9 years ago
Anybody see that video where the founder of the weather channel just destroys some CNN anchor about "consensus" and just how many scientists actually agree?

Hilarious.

jjanecka
9 years ago
Yeah but if you look at the emmissions map on most days the US is at tolerable levels. The only two blips on the map are Jersey/NewYork and Chicago.
teedubbya
9 years ago
He sort of came across douchie. The scientists that disagree with him are bought and paid for, only the ones that agree with him are not and it's not a vote. By the way he is a weather caster or meteroologist I think...didn't research him. There is a difference between weather and climate and to my knowledge he has no degree in the area nor has he conducted any studies.


Meh...


I don't know what to make of global warming. I do believe it's a cash cow some are taking advantage of but I also can't discount it entirely. Humans do impact our environment. It's just to what degree, what to do about it if anything, and who profits/loses.


But John Coleman isn't that impressive to me.

teedubbya
9 years ago
ok I hadn't looked in to him but this says it a little better than I can and took little time to find. I don't know the answer but I'd be careful of the messangers on both sides

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/11/03/why-does-anyone-pay-attention-to-john-coleman-weather-channel-co-founder-on-climate-change/?utm_term=.9c6915761526 
gummy jones
9 years ago
I want to hunt a pterodactyl
teedubbya
9 years ago
you will need to get in the way back machine
gummy jones
9 years ago
Price of gas is cheap enough
May be worth it
teedubbya
9 years ago
are you suggesting humans have not impacted any animal species? Animal species have even impacted other animal species.
jjanecka
9 years ago
Gummy just play Ark. Not only can you hunt pterodactyls but you can ride them too!
teedubbya
9 years ago
Gummy of Ark?
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
You think the gift shop at that giant ark in Kentucky sells gummy's?
gummy jones
9 years ago
I don't use a saddle like some city slicker
tamapatom
9 years ago

Don't know anything about Cape Cod, but Easter Island can be used as a cautionary tale about humans and their connectedness to their environment. Bad decisions can be catastrophic....

delta1 wrote:



Yes cutting down all your trees and using all your resources to roll huge stone idol heads out of the quarry to bury them along the coast is not a good idea. i recommend that Cape Cod stop doing that.
Brewha
9 years ago

Yes cutting down all your trees and using all your resources to roll huge stone idol heads out of the quarry to bury them along the coast is not a good idea. i recommend that Cape Cod stop doing that.

tamapatom wrote:


What you don't get about Easter Island is in fact the point. They did not get it. They engineered their own genocide and even when the end was in view, with tangible features, they denied it. Afterall - their gods would protect them....

Another playful irony of our race is that conservatives have a disrespect for conservation - if there is a buck to be made.




When I was a kid back in the '70's there were commercials about pollution. People hardly cared. We got rid of lead in gas and people cried a river. One would think the need to curb pollution would be simple stupid to understand, but it turns out that simple stupid is the problem.
Users browsing this topic