Abrignac
8 years ago
Seems he's butt hurt that Trump is planning to attend the grand opening of the civil rights museum in Mississippi.
Speyside
8 years ago
I think his dislike for Trump is clouding his judgement. Presidents visit important places. Especially when they open. Just my opinion, but I would have been more insulted if Trump had not gone to the opening of a place that was important to me.
teedubbya
8 years ago
I dunno. While I think in some ways it’s junior highish that he not show up he did almost give his life for the cause and is part of the museum itself and I think genuinely believes Trump at best doesn’t beleive in the cause and at worst is against the cause given things like the Central Park 5, birtherism, “bad people on all sides”, the support the kkk and alt right gives him, those sons of bitches kneeling, etc. As I said Lewis believes this. And if he does I can understand someone who has spent his life on opposite causes, almost getting killed along the way being pissy. There is also the thing about trump saying he’s all talk no action which was silly.

I think he should go though and not let trump drive him away (likely the play by the Governor) and I think people should repeatedly denounce birtherism, Central Park 5, the alt right etc with trump in attendance.
teedubbya
8 years ago
Maybe Trump will learn something. Doubtful though.
frankj1
8 years ago

I dunno. While I think in some ways it’s junior highish that he not show up he did almost give his life for the cause and is part of the museum itself and I think genuinely believes Trump at best doesn’t beleive in the cause and at worst is against the cause given things like the Central Park 5, birtherism, “bad people on all sides”, the support the kkk and alt right gives him, those sons of bitches kneeling, etc. As I said Lewis believes this. And if he does I can understand someone who has spent his life on opposite causes, almost getting killed along the way being pissy. There is also the thing about trump saying he’s all talk no action which was silly.

I think he should go though and not let trump drive him away (likely the play by the Governor) and I think people should repeatedly denounce birtherism, Central Park 5, the alt right etc with trump in attendance.

teedubbya wrote:


agree with all, including that he should go.

We all see the workings of the world based on our experiences, so it makes total sense for him to feel this way based on the things TW mentioned, and more over many decades.

Many may feel he sees things incorrectly or has an "agenda", but his agenda is based on his life experience.
ZRX1200
8 years ago
The left wants and needs political balkanization.

As does the establishment "right".

This is more of the schit all Americans should denounce.
teedubbya
8 years ago
Z I agree with you but don’t think trump is establishment R and needs the same thing.
ZRX1200
8 years ago
He's not establishment anything. Good, bad or indifferent.

*shrug*
teedubbya
8 years ago
Exactly. But is seeing political balkinazation to use your words and should be denounced for it. As should Dems and reps that do so.
ZRX1200
8 years ago
I think Trump is more selfish in his goals than a typical politician. So I don't see it the same.
teedubbya
8 years ago
I don’t. But I get where you are coming from.
Users browsing this topic