Speyside
8 years ago
In the 1950's a TV western called "Trackdown", featured a snake oil salesman named Trump who claimed he would build a wall in order to protect a town from the end of the world.

Just thought this was an interesting oddity given our present political climate.
frankj1
8 years ago
Narrator: The people were ready to believe. Like sheep they ran to the slaughterhouse. And waiting for them was the high priest of fraud.

Trump: I am the only one. Trust me. I can build a wall around your homes that nothing will penetrate.

Townperson: What do we do? How can we save ourselves?

Trump: You ask how do you build that wall. You ask, and I’m here to tell you.


https://www.snopes.com/trackdown-trump-character-wall/ 


WOW!
starring Robert Culp...
delta1
8 years ago
The I Spy dude who helped usher Bill Cosby to fame and fortune???That Robert Culp?

we should all be blaming Robert Culp...RIP
frankj1
8 years ago

The I Spy dude who helped usher Bill Cosby to fame and fortune???That Robert Culp?

we should all be blaming Robert Culp...

delta1 wrote:


oddly, yes.
delta1
8 years ago
frank said we are good to go...grab some shovels, boys...
frankj1
8 years ago
this really is amazing. I don't remember the series cuz I was only 4, 5 & 6 when it aired.
gonna try to watch soon.

Spey, where'd you come up with this unreal coincidence?

Never mind. Tail will be along soon to blame the viewers for seeing it.

In glorious black and white.

You better be laughing, Joe.
DrafterX
8 years ago
I'm surprised this isn't on prime time CBS... 🤣
delta1
8 years ago
There are some episodes where the Trump lawman deviates from the modern-day version...I'm gonna look for the episode where the Trump character defends the the town's chinese laundryman from town bullies...
Speyside
8 years ago
I found a clip on you tube and had to follow up on it. LMAO! If you love Trump of hate him this is funny stuff.
frankj1
8 years ago

There are some episodes where the Trump lawman deviates from the modern-day version...I'm gonna look for the episode where the Trump character defends the the town's chinese laundryman from town bullies...

delta1 wrote:


I clearly recall the episode of The Rifleman when Lucas does not need to defend the Chinese laundry guy, cuz the guy finally goes all Joe Jitzu on the bullies when they cut off his queue.

and young Mark learns a valuable lesson, not sure what, but Lucas had that look on his face of pride.
DrafterX
8 years ago

when they cut off his queue.

frankj1 wrote:




Is that what the Chinese call them..?? Poor Bassard.. 😞
delta1
8 years ago
valuable lesson Drafter...the answer is not always between the legs...


speaking of the Rifleman, he was a decent athlete who played pro basketball for some nondescript expansion team and first base for the Brooklyn Dodgers (one game), mostly in their minor league system...

my Dad had a 1892 Winchester lever action rifle, which the Rifleman had modified for rapid fire...
teedubbya
8 years ago
I think U2 played that clip at the Joshua tree concerts
frankj1
8 years ago

valuable lesson Drafter...the answer is not always between the legs...


speaking of the Rifleman, he was a decent athlete who played pro basketball for some nondescript expansion team and first base for the Brooklyn Dodgers (one game), mostly in their minor league system...

my Dad had a 1892 Winchester lever action rifle, which the Rifleman had modified for rapid fire...

delta1 wrote:


yeah, Chuck Connors did play hoops for some bums. Legend has it that he broke a backboard in pregame warmups and the game was delayed while they went over to Boston Arena to get a replacement. This story seems to have been verified.

a less verified great rumor was that he was one of a few handsome young muscular "gay blades" in Hollywood.
RMAN4443
8 years ago

yeah, Chuck Connors did play hoops for some bums. Legend has it that he broke a backboard in pregame warmups and the game was delayed while they went over to Boston Arena to get a replacement. This story seems to have been verified.

a less verified great rumor was that he was one of a few handsome young muscular "gay blades" in Hollywood.

frankj1 wrote:


Yeah, he had a nice gun..........8-[
Users browsing this topic