frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago
I can't believe it takes a lib to express contempt for what was sold as political humor at that DC press/writers thingie that no one watched.

It's well known that I'm not a supporter of the targets of the alleged humor, but this crossed any lines of decency imaginable...and I am far from a prude and not easily shocked. Love gross humor, over the edge filth of Kinneson/Dice Clay etc stuff that crosses lines of comfort, pushes the envelope...

I don't know her name, only saw minutes of clips on (yes, liberal!) news, but this was putrid personal and wrong.
delta1
8 years ago
as bad as Kathy Griffin holding up a fake bloody Trump head?
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago

as bad as Kathy Griffin holding up a fake bloody Trump head?

delta1 wrote:


that was a sick misguided attempt that never even appeared to be political humor.
this was more conventional monolog that should have had some people there walking out...even I would have supported their protests.
DrafterX
8 years ago
I didn't watch it.. 😟
MACS
8 years ago
You mean the comedian nobody ever heard of until just then making disgusting jokes about Sarah Sanders?

I don't want to say I was outraged, but if I was any relation to Sarah Sanders, I'd have straight punched that b*tch in the throat.
delta1
8 years ago
me neither...cuz Trump decided not to go...he shoulda gone and did some Obama jokes to try to even the score...
gummy jones
8 years ago
The news outlets I follow (kind of) expressed much disgust immediately after but conceded that it was expected and moved on. When I heard about it I did the same. I mean multiple celebrities (snoop, that old red head chick, and I'm sure many more) have portrayed the presidents death "artistically" while many others have at least had wet Twitter daydreams about his assassination.

I actually saw some good press on that chick immediately after from cnn, msnbc, etc. Sad.

I didn't personally bother to learn her name or watch the clips myself and did not plan to.
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago

I didn't watch it.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:


me neither. but saw stuff on the news and really had a visceral (right word?) reaction.

I expect this event to like a "Roast". It wasn't.
delta1
8 years ago
I just looked at a snippet...the hostess was Michele Wolf...found her unfunny, her voice a little irritating, but the content didn't seem out of bounds...she dissed everybody during the sequence I saw...


and I wouldn't waste my time to see what she said about Trump spokesliar Sara H Sanders, another comedienne I find unfunny...
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago
perhaps the clips I saw were tailored to repulse
But what's political about Sanders ass? More hurtful than comedic.
delta1
8 years ago
Didn't see that...Sanders' ass is in no way objectionable...it's her countenance, the smirky frown she makes, when she dismisses questions from the press...that coulda been a source of humor...


not that I've ever had a good look at it...could it be the cons have cut Wolf some slack due to all the hurtful things they said about Michelle Obama in and after office?
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago

Didn't see that...Sanders ass is in no way objectionable...it's her countenance, the smirky frown she makes, when she dismisses questions from the press...that coulda been a source of humor...


not that I've ever had a good look at it...could it be the cons have cut Wolf some slack due to all the hurtful things they said about Michelle Obama in and after office?

delta1 wrote:


I dislike Sanders...but am impressed with how long she can win a staring contest without grinning.
Spicer couldn't do it.
delta1
8 years ago
I guess there's a reason for her to be such a grouch and a sour puss...she's got an impossible job trying to keep her boss in a positive light...
JadeRose
8 years ago
I didn't care for it either, Frank. It was all mean spirited and not remotely funny. These people deserve to be "roasted" as you said but this crossed a line. I guess that is the world we live in now. As long as it's $hitty and mean, I guess it passes for "comedy" now. I didn't even think it was clever, which, to me, is the greatest sin of all.
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago

I didn't care for it either, Frank. It was all mean spirited and not remotely funny. These people deserve to be "roasted" as you said but this crossed a line. I guess that is the world we live in now. As long as it's $hitty and mean, I guess it passes for "comedy" now. I didn't even think it was clever, which, to me, is the greatest sin of all.

JadeRose wrote:


I don't know if you know this, but I do look to you to set the line...this goes back to establishing a line when it came to family a few years ago.

It was not clever in any sense of the word.
JadeRose
8 years ago

I don't know if you know this, but I do look to you to set the line...this goes back to establishing a line when it came to family a few years ago.

It was not clever in any sense of the word.

frankj1 wrote:





Wow......well, uh, thanks, I guess. Set your bar a little higher, Frank. Lol. I can be as tasteless as anyone and I KNOW I can be offensive but I DO, at least, try to be clever. Most good humor will probably offend someone but it doesn't have to be mean-spirited. I guess the best example I can give (and a personal hero) is Don Rickles. What an honor it must have been to be the target of one of his jokes. I woulda given anything to be torn into by Don Rickles and I would been laughing harder than anyone. He wasn't mean. He was funny. This broad wasn't funny. Just mean. I don't like ANY of the people she took shots at but I just found her bit unfunny, mean-spirited, and uncomfortable. Which I'm sure was the point.
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago
you make my point better than I did.
JadeRose
8 years ago
Actually, A better example that's much closer to home is our very own Magwitch. Those posts were highly offensive. Racist, disturbing, and one in particular did make disparaging remarks about the picture of another member's child, BUT GADDAMMIT, they made me laugh. I don't know who was actually writing that stuff but it was downright inspired. I found it all hilarious because it was so ridiculously clever. Maybe that says more about me than the writer but I can live with that.
ZRX1200
8 years ago
I call it a deep fried twinkie when you don't wash your pecker for a week.

What were we talking about?
JadeRose
8 years ago

I call it a deep fried twinkie when you don't wash your pecker for a week.

What were we talking about?

ZRX1200 wrote:




I don't know. Your pecker, I guess.
Users browsing this topic