HockeyDad
6 years ago
Wednesday and Thursday she will be on the front porch of the Supreme Court and Friday she’ll be in the Capitol in the National Statuary Hall.

Tickets will go fast!
DrafterX
6 years ago
are they selling beers..?? 🍺
Stogie1020
6 years ago
I wonder what convinced her family to forgo typical Jewish tradition of burial within a day or two or three?
RMAN4443
6 years ago

I wonder what convinced her family to forgo typical Jewish tradition of burial within a day or two or three?

Stogie1020 wrote:


Well, it is an Election Year.....:-k
ZRX1200
6 years ago
She opening for Axl?
Speyside
6 years ago
I am trying to understand this. So if I am wrong, please point this out to me. The Jewish faith quickly buries their dead because to do otherwise would be an affront to God. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the first woman honored with lying in state at the US Capitol. Would this circumstance possibly convince her family that her delayed burial is not an affront to God?
DrafterX
6 years ago
it's prolly a body-double... 😟
Smooth light
6 years ago
Ginsburg come forth, now they think their gods. It work with Joe B.🤥🤥

🤑 money talks!
frankj1
6 years ago
stogie and spey

been wondering myself.
I assume there will be a statement forthcoming.

Robert, Fiddler...any thoughts?
Stogie1020
6 years ago
My guess is that Progressive Liberals worship at the altar of government, so this is OK.
rfenst
6 years ago

I wonder what convinced her family to forgo typical Jewish tradition of burial within a day or two or three?

Stogie1020 wrote:


I wonder too and can't fully get it out of my mind.
rfenst
6 years ago

I am trying to understand this. So if I am wrong, please point this out to me. The Jewish faith quickly buries their dead because to do otherwise would be an affront to God. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the first woman honored with lying in state at the US Capitol. Would this circumstance possibly convince her family that her delayed burial is not an affront to God?

Speyside wrote:


I don't know if it is an offense against God, but is highly customary. 98.2% of the time. Other than a few people I knew who were cremated, every Jewish funeral I personally ever know of usually occurs by the second day (and rarely the third day). I'll research whether special circumstances apply.
Speyside
6 years ago
Thank you Robert.
ZRX1200
6 years ago
Don’t tell me Axl is opening for her.....
rfenst
6 years ago

I'll research whether special circumstances apply.

rfenst wrote:



"Burial should take place as soon after death as possible; if not the same (or next) day, as described variously in the Hebrew Bible, then at most a few days later and only to allow close relatives to gather to pay their respects. In America, many Jewish communities limit the delay to three days at most. Although it is undesirable to postpone a funeral, burials should never take place on the Sabbath or on Jewish holiday."

I don't think there is an exception to this custom. Nothing about delay for a famous or special person. I think that if I researched it more to see if there might be an exception for an exalted person, then I will look up whether there is delay allowed when, for example, a famous orthodox rabbi dies, and see if there is any analogy I can come up with...

This is from Chabad, a highly credible source:

It is a Biblical commandment to bury one's deceased immediately after passing, and it is forbidden to leave the deceased unburied overnight unless it is for his honor or to, obtain shrouds, arrange for a burial plot, gather family, etc.).

One may not put off the burial unnecessarily, for our sages state that the soul is in turmoil until the body is properly buried in the ground. Therefore, there needs to be a great sense of urgency to complete the burial as quickly as possible.

If the passing occurred in the morning, one should try to ensure that the deceased is prepared for burial and buried before dusk of the same day. If this is not possible, the burial should take place on the following day.
Smooth light
6 years ago
How about a Snickers bar anybody.🥨logic.

NO RESPECT FOR THE DEAD.
CelticBomber
6 years ago

How about a Snickers bar anybody.🥨logic.

NO RESPECT FOR THE DEAD.

Smooth light wrote:



Wow I've actually decided to block someone... never thought I'd have to do that.
Speyside
6 years ago
CB, it is easier when you cannot read arrogant, ignorant, dumb, haters posts. Truly that is approximately 0 here, but there are always exeptions. Everytime I read one of its posts I feel the need to respond so I seldom read its posts. Plus it is mean to disparage its posts as it obviously has very limited cognative ability and more than anything else deserves to be pitied. When it has idiot level IQ why do anything else.
rfenst
6 years ago
I ignore them, most times, and wait until they burn-out or there is a consensus to push them away. Having said that, I am sure there are CBiders who don't like what I have to say- at the very least.

gummy jones
6 years ago

I am trying to understand this. So if I am wrong, please point this out to me. The Jewish faith quickly buries their dead because to do otherwise would be an affront to God. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the first woman honored with lying in state at the US Capitol. Would this circumstance possibly convince her family that her delayed burial is not an affront to God?

Speyside wrote:



considering we prefer to worship a god of our own creation im sure there will be countless people saying how this meshes or doesnt with her (their) beliefs. the good news is one day we can ask God ourselves.
Users browsing this topic