Speyside
5 years ago
He has abused the constitution regularly during his term. Yet it the end it prevailed. One hell of a document our forefathers wrote. Many people over the years have tried to subvert it, yet in the end none have. Kudos to all the judges that protect our constitution and laws.
RayR
5 years ago
That must be some pretty strong stuff you've been smokin. They've were working on subverting the Constitution before the ink dried. Ever heard of Alexander Hamilton for one?
Oh yes can't forget the early robed lawyers starting with Chief Justice John Marshall and Justice Joseph Story, they were pretty talented subverters..Later subverters learned a lot from them.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
5 years ago
You really hate Hamilton... you talk crap about him all the time...

He did a lot of good by all accounts, granted he doesn't fit RayRay's ideal anarchistic vision, but what is it you hate about him exactly?

* From my understanding he was anti-slavery for morality reasons (I'm sure you'll twist that into something).

* He was pro constitution, with one of many arguments of being able to strike bs laws down as unconstitutional.

* He's one of the Founding Fathers...

* And he's on the 10 dollar bill!

* You talk about the framers all the time... he was instrumental in the development of our country.

I know in your ideal world, everyone just shuts the f*ck up and complies, but that's not the really real world... there are many people with many ideas, and they're all different... they don't all agree with you... if they did, wouldn't that be weird?

So what I want to know is... what makes yours so f*cking special? ... when I say yours, I mean yours in it's entirety. As it is all or nothing with you... So what makes it so much better than anyone else's ideal world? Because it's yours?

All that is more rhetorical... I know I'll get a long winded answer, but I know it will all just be more of the same.

One thing I'm certain of when it came to the Framers... each one individually knew the rest of the Framers were a bunch of sh*t heads that couldn't be trusted... why do you think there's all those checks and balances?
DrMaddVibe
5 years ago

He has abused the constitution regularly during his term. Yet it the end it prevailed. One hell of a document our forefathers wrote. Many people over the years have tried to subvert it, yet in the end none have. Kudos to all the judges that protect our constitution and laws.

Speyside wrote:




Please detail the crimes against the Constitution. I really can't believe Pelosi and the DNC left anything out on their victory march to impeachment.
DrMaddVibe
5 years ago
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies," - Thomas Jefferson
Speyside
5 years ago
Where did I say crimes? I said abuse, totally different meaning.
RayR
5 years ago

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies," - Thomas Jefferson

DrMaddVibe wrote:



That's not a exact quote of what Jefferson ever wrote, Jefferson was not against banking itself but he was against the general government chartering a central bank and all the mischief that results. The First Bank of the United States and the Second Bank of the United States were both corrupt institutions that caused disastrous economic downturns. The current central bank, the Federal Reserve likewise has been a even bigger monumental failure in it's mission.

https://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/private-banks-spurious-quotation 

RayR
5 years ago

You really hate Hamilton... you talk crap about him all the time...

He did a lot of good by all accounts, granted he doesn't fit RayRay's ideal anarchistic vision, but what is it you hate about him exactly?

* From my understanding he was anti-slavery for morality reasons (I'm sure you'll twist that into something).

* He was pro constitution, with one of many arguments of being able to strike bs laws down as unconstitutional.

* He's one of the Founding Fathers...

* And he's on the 10 dollar bill!

* You talk about the framers all the time... he was instrumental in the development of our country.

I know in your ideal world, everyone just shuts the f*ck up and complies, but that's not the really real world... there are many people with many ideas, and they're all different... they don't all agree with you... if they did, wouldn't that be weird?

So what I want to know is... what makes yours so f*cking special? ... when I say yours, I mean yours in it's entirety. As it is all or nothing with you... So what makes it so much better than anyone else's ideal world? Because it's yours?

All that is more rhetorical... I know I'll get a long winded answer, but I know it will all just be more of the same.

One thing I'm certain of when it came to the Framers... each one individually knew the rest of the Framers were a bunch of sh*t heads that couldn't be trusted... why do you think there's all those checks and balances?

bgz wrote:



Since you have an aversion to old dead guy history, where did you git yer edumication?

Hamilton supposedly was against slavery but that didn't stop him for buying and selling slaves for his family or being involved with the slave trade when working as a lad on the sugar plantation. Hamilton was what you progressives call "pragmatic".😁

Hamilton was 'pro constitution"? I guess if you are the type that believes everything anybody says without seeing the any contradictions and or see what they actually did, then you would come to that conclusion. Hamilton was a conniving, lying double-talking scoundrel. He was the original "living constitution" guy, he wasn't for a republic of sovereign states and a general government of limited defined powers. "Hamilton Lied and the Constitution Died"
He wasn't even a capitalist, he was a mercantilist, he wanted to mold the American economy into a copy the the British economy where a government connected privileged upper class got all the monopolistic perks at the expense of the proles. No, the Founding Fathers were not all saintly figures.

https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/review/how-alexander-hamilton-screwed-up-america/ 


https://principlestudies.org/product/hamiltons-curse/ 


Two great books there. Sorry not glowing mythical biographies for gubment schoolchildren.











DrMaddVibe
5 years ago

Where did I say crimes? I said abuse, totally different meaning.

Speyside wrote:



What abuses then?
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
5 years ago

Since you have an aversion to old dead guy history, where did you git yer edumication?

Hamilton supposedly was against slavery but that didn't stop him for buying and selling slaves for his family or being involved with the slave trade when working as a lad on the sugar plantation. Hamilton was what you progressives call "pragmatic".😁

Hamilton was 'pro constitution"? I guess if you are the type that believes everything anybody says without seeing the any contradictions and or see what they actually did, then you would come to that conclusion. Hamilton was a conniving, lying double-talking scoundrel. He was the original "living constitution" guy, he wasn't for a republic of sovereign states and a general government of limited defined powers. "Hamilton Lied and the Constitution Died"
He wasn't even a capitalist, he was a mercantilist, he wanted to mold the American economy into a copy the the British economy where a government connected privileged upper class got all the monopolistic perks at the expense of the proles. No, the Founding Fathers were not all saintly figures.

https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/review/how-alexander-hamilton-screwed-up-america/ 



https://principlestudies.org/product/hamiltons-curse/ 


Two great books there. Sorry not glowing mythical biographies for gubment schoolchildren.

RayR wrote:



Pretty sure none of them were saintly and all of them were pompous sh*t heads. You can believe what you want... pretty sure I'm right...
teedubbya
5 years ago
They all disagreed with each other in some way shape or form. It's why we have the checks and balances we do. None were 100% right or wrong pretty much like life. They collectively were great in a ying/yang way. It would be pretty hard to find any of them who lived up to todays standard of decency..... that's the problem with applying todays standards to past periods of times. Funny how selective folks are in remembering that or forgetting that.
RayR
5 years ago

Pretty sure none of them were saintly and all of them were pompous sh*t heads. You can believe what you want... pretty sure I'm right...

bgz wrote:



If you are looking for pompous sh*t heads, look no further than the present.
The ruling political class is full of pompous sh*t headedness like never before and da people vote willingly for pompous sh*t heads. I believe they think it's a positive personality trait.:-k
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
5 years ago

If you are looking for pompous sh*t heads, look no further than the present.
The ruling political class is full of pompous sh*t headedness like never before and da people vote willingly for pompous sh*t heads. I believe they think it's a positive personality trait.:-k

RayR wrote:



I'm a software engineer... if it's true for 1, and you can show it's true for n and n+1, then it's true.

Show me a time in history where rulers weren't pompous sh*t heads, and I might be open to the possibility that only our current rulers are pompous sh*t heads.

Good luck.
RayR
5 years ago

I'm a software engineer... if it's true for 1, and you can show it's true for n and n+1, then it's true.

Show me a time in history where rulers weren't pompous sh*t heads, and I might be open to the possibility that only our current rulers are pompous sh*t heads.

Good luck.

bgz wrote:



Any reading and understanding of history will show there were always pompous sh*t heads.
Pompous sh*t heads always reach for illicit economic and political power over others. That's the commonality with pompous sh*t heads that transcends time. That's why we have so many pandering politicians and so few principled statesman.
There's a case to be made that a Trump or a Biden is a pompous sh*t head, no doubt either will and has abused their office. No doubt the Democrats or Republican Parties are on whole parties of pompous sh*t heads. The voters for the pompous sh*t heads are never the wiser too.

teedubbya thinks (naively I think) that we have the checks and balances, and that makes everything cool.
To have checks and balances you need a rule book, but pompous sh*t heads, Presidents, Congressmen. Senators and Judges over many decades have shredded the rule book. The checks and balances are therefore weak, or functionally non-existent.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
5 years ago
Checks and balances exist because we rightfully shouldn't trust each other to make good decisions.

They still exist, trump is getting thrown out... so all is well for now.

Oh, principled statesmen are just would be dictators who get checked. Your principles are not necessarily my principles, and the validity of their principles are subjective.
RayR
5 years ago

Checks and balances exist because we rightfully shouldn't trust each other to make good decisions.

bgz wrote:



You're so trusting, how sweet and innocent.🌈🦄🌼

NOT BY ME SUCKA, I NEVER TRUST A POMPOUS SH*T HEAD PROGRESSIVE, THAT WOULD BE DUMB! [ram27bat]


bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
5 years ago
+1 reading comprehension fail... again.
delta1
5 years ago

You're so trusting, how sweet and innocent.🌈🦄🌼

NOT BY ME SUCKA, I NEVER TRUST A POMPOUS SH*T HEAD PROGRESSIVE, THAT WOULD BE DUMB! BUT I DO TRUST A POMPOUS SH*THEAD CON!

[ram27bat]


RayR wrote:


Speyside
5 years ago
BGZ, I am surprised you would admit RayR has principles that might be the same as yours.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
5 years ago
That's part of being reasonable.
Users browsing this topic