RayR
  • RayR
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
4 years ago
The mind of Democratic Socialist is something to behold. Really franking brilliant! Somehow she graduated **** laude (the word was censored because it has a vulgar meaning in common vernacular 😁 ) from Boston University College of Arts and Sciences with a BA in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics. Yes! ECONOMICS!
Anyway, she is morally bankrupt which is her main qualification to serve as a Democrat in Congress.

"Come on!ā€ she exclaimed. ā€œIf you are taking on student loan debt, it’s because you are likely a middle or working-class person. Let’s get real, let’s cancel it.ā€

AOC Says Taxpayers Should Have to Pay Her $17K Student Loan—Even Though She Makes $174K a Year

Why does AOC believe working-class taxpayers should have to pay her bills?

Brad Polumbo
Wednesday, December 8, 2021

As a member of Congress, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes a whopping $174,000 annually, meaning that she individually earns more than twice the average U.S. household’s income. Yet the progressive Democrat nonetheless thinks that working-class taxpayers should have to pay off her student loan debt.

That’s one of the main takeaways from Ocasio-Cortez’s latest speech on the House floor. In the congresswoman’s remarks, she issued yet another factually challenged and morally distorted plea for ā€œstudent debt cancellation,ā€ a progressive euphemism for having taxpayers pay off approximately $1.6 trillion in student loan debt. (The loans aren’t ā€œcanceledā€ magically but paid off by taxpayers. Congress can’t just make debts go away.)

This is nothing new, as student debt ā€œcancellationā€ has been one of Ocasio-Cortez’s pet issues since the beginning of her political career. Yet an interesting twist in this speech is that Ocasio-Cortez uses herself as an example — and directly calls for taxpayers to pay off her financial obligations.

ā€œI’m 32 years old now,ā€ the congresswoman said. ā€œI have over $17,000 in student loan debt, and I didn’t go to graduate school because I knew that getting another degree would drown me in debt that I would never be able to surpass. This is unacceptable.ā€ :-({|=

I’m sorry, what part of that is unacceptable, exactly?

More...

https://fee.org/articles/aoc-says-taxpayers-should-have-to-pay-her-17k-student-loan-even-though-she-makes-174k-a-year/ 

Speyside2
4 years ago
I keep trying to find something likeable about her. I have not found anything yet.
MACS
4 years ago
I think only the taxpayers in her district should help her pay that loan... they voted for her. They deserve to pay for it.
Stogie1020
4 years ago

I think only the taxpayers in her district should help her pay that loan... they voted for her. They deserve to pay for it.

MACS wrote:


Brilliant.
MACS
4 years ago
^How did 2 guys like us escape the bastion of liberalism that is Rhode Island untainted by it?

Prolly got outa there early enough.
Mr. Jones
4 years ago
She could make that $17K back real quick "Hanging out "
@ The Willard Hotel BAR HAPPY HOUR and BY picking up a few
Multimillionaires Or BillioNaireS who wants the IllumInaTi bragging rights that "I TAGGED THAT FINE WEST SIDE STORY BUTT" AT THE WILLARD ONE NIGHT...

AT $5K A POP...

WITH $1K TIPS EACH TURN ..

THATS THREE HIGH END $$$ STRANGE "ROOSTER" PECKS

IS $18K IN CASH....

PROBLEM SOLVED...
rfenst
4 years ago
Anyone check whether she is current on her loan?
If not, that would present more of a problem for me than worrying about her dream of $$$ for loan cancellation.

The government debt cancellation thing is probably a couple or so decades away. Something like that won'till occur when there is a progressive majority and the country is either doing GREAT or absolutely TERRIBLE.

Would love to see some mega-billionaire step up and help some people who are really in over their heads, on his or her own, though there is no obligation by anyone to do so (yet).

Fun legal fact: A student loan is just about the very most difficult obligation to discharge of in a bankruptcy? Even being deemed totally disabled by Social Security alone, isn't a sufficient reason...
RayR
  • RayR
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
4 years ago


Would love to see some mega-billionaire step up and help some people who are really in over their heads, on his or her own, though there is no obligation by anyone to do so (yet).

rfenst wrote:



There is such a thing ya know...

A billionaire's surprise vow to pay Morehouse graduates' loans is part of the newest trend in the student-debt crisis

https://www.businessinsider.com/billionaires-paying-student-loans-2019-5?op=1 
Mr. Jones
4 years ago
Maybe she can send a "valentine" to
Elon Musk...
Requestng payment in full on her student loan "CRISIS"???

WTF

$17K IS A PITTANCE of a student loan...

I know kids with $45-75k for bachelor's and $100k adding on Fred school and $200k for PhD/ doctor's
Mr. Jones
4 years ago
Grad = Fred

Freakin' spell chk
Mr. Jones
4 years ago
I have a "Fred" school degree ....too

Cost me nothing cause I worked during it, work study, claimed instate after 1 yr and 2 .5 yrs in a paid graduate assistantship plus free tuition stipend in the last yrs...
3 yr program...paid back a $2k Pell grant loan for year one
rfenst
4 years ago
=p~

Maybe she can send a "valentine" to
Elon Musk...
Requestng payment in full on her student loan "CRISIS"???

WTF

$17K IS A PITTANCE of a student loan...

I know kids with $45-75k for bachelor's and $100k adding on Fred school and $200k for PhD/ doctor's

Mr. Jones wrote:


And, you don't believe a doctor, accountant, lawyer, engineer, marketing major, etc., etc. has the capability to fairly pay their student loans off over time, with full with interest?

My daughter graduated 2 years ago with a bullchit degree and 60k in debt. That was her entry into the business world. So far, she has been able to pay almost half of it back. Without it, she'd be on a totally different career/life trajectory she wouldn't be as happy in life with. But for her diploma, she never would have gotten a single interview for a job within her industry. Not bad for a 24 year old from a middle class family.

My other kid is 23 and has an MBA and is going to law school. He will have about $200-250k in private debt to pay off, but his education and training will enable him to easily extinguish it in 10-20 years graduation if he is responsible (he is). Seems like a damn good investment by him for his future, eh? Again, not bad for a middle class family.

But, I still do admit that some people do make terrible financial mistakes with student loans and are looking for a freebie.

As to AOC's loan(s). She is advocating on behalf of a class she believes needs relief they might not be able to provide on their own for the rest of their lives. Nothing wrong with a little of that because it is a drag on our economy and their qualities of life. It would be the equivalent to discharge of debt in bankruptcies (when warranted), something we all have the right to do. Perhaps her loan is like 3-4% and she is earning 7-10% in the stock market and other investments, but pays her minimum monthly payment on time? That could make good financial sense, IMO.

For all you AOC haters (and I too am one too), she is way ahead of the times for the inevitable future of this country, and will be around in federal politics for years to come. We might not like what she thinks, believes or says, but she is bright and articulate, at the least. Fight her all you want, but there will be plenty more like her coming over time and working towards a majority. And, we all will just need to adapt along the way,
RMAN4443
4 years ago
She applied for the loans,
she accepted the terms when she signed the loan agreements,
she now earns 174 K per year,
goes to $20,000? a ticket galas, where she wears a god awful "Tax the Rich" dress/gown,
Has her own personal "security force",
Drives a Tesla....

and expects the taxpayers to pay off her $17k student loan....I don't see a problem with it
rfenst
4 years ago

She applied for the loans,
she accepted the terms when she signed the loan agreements,
she now earns 174 K per year,
goes to $20,000? a ticket galas, where she wears a god awful "Tax the Rich" dress/gown,
Has her own personal "security force",
Drives a Tesla....

and expects the taxpayers to pay off her $17k student loan....I don't see a problem with it

RMAN4443 wrote:


Neither do I.
But, when has the witch ever complained she shouldn't pay off her own student loans in accord with the contract? If it is out there, I'd like to see it
RMAN4443
4 years ago

Neither do I.
But, when has the witch ever complained she shouldn't pay off her own student loans in accord with the contract? If it is out there, I'd like to see it

rfenst wrote:


She wants "student debt cancellation" for all...
paid for by taxpayers..
She has student loan debt...hence she wants her student debt cancelled

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/aoc-who-makes-175k-a-year-says-taxpayers-should-have-to-pay-off-her-17k-in-student-loan-debt/ar-AARz6PL 


I used MSN because as liberal as they are, they disagree with her too, but here are others...

https://nypost.com/2019/09/11/aoc-makes-student-loan-payment-reveals-college-debt-during-congressional-hearing/ 



https://republicanwire.org/aoc-wants-you-to-pay-her-student-loan-debt-yes-you-read-that-correctly/ 

also note her comments on not getting a graduate degree...she would have been saddled with insurmountable debt...
but if the taxpayers were paying, do you think she would have minded "saddling the taxpayers" with that "insurmountable debt??

rfenst
4 years ago
Ok.
Let's get serious about all this AOC crap...

Who would do her if she was gagged, tied and bathed?
I probably would.



RMAN4443
4 years ago

Ok.
Let's get serious about all this AOC crap...

Who would do her if she was gagged, tied and bathed?
I probably would.



rfenst wrote:


count me in...but once in the sack still wouldn't get me to pay her student loans...
frankj1
4 years ago

count me in...but once in the sack still wouldn't get me to pay her student loans...

RMAN4443 wrote:


you are one of more honest friends!
HA!
Krazeehorse
4 years ago
Maybe on taco Tuesday.
MACS
4 years ago
You want honesty, Frankie?

I dislike her so much... I have NO respect for her... and if she begged me to let her blow my flugle horn, I would have to decline.

When she got on her knees it would take every fiber of restraint not to kick her in the face as hard as I could.

Her and her ilk have nearly destroyed what I spent 20 years of my life defending. There's some honesty.
Users browsing this topic