DrMaddVibe
4 years ago
[frypan] [frypan] [frypan]


'It's Him Or Me': Neil Young Throws Tantrum Over Joe Rogan, Demands Spotify Remove His Songs



Canadian-American 70s performer Neil Percival Young has taken a stand against free speech - demanding Spotify pull his entire music catalog from their platform unless they silence podcaster Joe Rogan for spreading "fake information" about vaccines.

In an email to Warner Records, Young said Spotify "has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform," adding "I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform."

"They can have Rogan or Young. Not both," the raging liberal wrote.

zerohedge@zerohedge

who


Financial Times@FinancialTimes

Neil Young has threatened to remove his music from Spotify because he believes the streaming platform enables podcaster Joe Rogan to spread ‘fake information’ about vaccines.

https://on.ft.com/32wPpH7 


Young’s letter was a response to a December podcast in which Rogan interviewed Robert Malone, a controversial virologist who researched messenger RNA vaccines and is now sceptical of them. On the podcast, Malone told Rogan that US hospitals are financially incentivised to falsely report deaths as being caused by coronavirus. Rogan has also on his podcast encouraged “healthy” young people not to get a Covid-19 vaccine. -FT

Rogan notably inked a deal with Spotify in May of 2020 worth more than $100 million. Four months later, Spotify employees threatened to strike unless the company agreed to remove past Rogan podcast episodes with 'controversial guests,' and give employees direct editorial oversight over the Joe Rogan Experience podcast. This did not happen.

That would include the ability to directly edit or remove sections of upcoming interviews, or block the uploading of episodes deemed problematic.

The employees also demanded the ability to add trigger warnings, corrections, and references to fact-checked articles on topics discussed by Rogan in the course of his multi-hour discussions. -DigitalMusicNews

Hilariously, Spotify never brought it up with Rogan.

The Daily Show@TheDailyShow

Neil Young is gonna regret this when his monthly Spotify checks for $1.37 stop rolling in


https://www.zerohedge.com/political/its-him-or-me-neil-young-throws-tantrum-over-joe-rogan-demands-spotify-remove-his-songs 


How much of that 100,000,000.00 that they gave Joe do you think he'll use as Kleenex over Neil's comments and will he miss the dollar?

[whip]
HockeyDad
4 years ago
I would choose nails on a chalkboard over Neil Young.
DrMaddVibe
4 years ago
Poor Daryl Hannah
Palama
4 years ago

Poor Daryl Hannah

DrMaddVibe wrote:



Plastic surgery / Botox gone bad? 🤔
DrMaddVibe
4 years ago
Naw...Drafter saw her boobs.
MACS
4 years ago

I would choose nails on a chalkboard over Neil Young.

HockeyDad wrote:



Exactly.

F-ck Neil Young. His "music" blows fkn chunks, anyway...
Speyside2
4 years ago
Censorship is out of control. Biden has an easy fix. Send the dissidents to Gitmo to dissappear or the North most section of Alaska to never to return. Very efficient.
Palama
4 years ago
I listen mostly to early Neil up until "Time Fades Away" but there are a few albums that I don't care for at all. "Live Rust" is a definite favorite and for some odd reason I don't mind his 3-chord playing and guitar solos that sound the same over and over.

As far as what he said, frank, I don't give a rat's azz about his views, they're totally irrelevant to me (...as are most musicians, actors and athletes...).
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
I hate double standards. Burn a body at a crematorium and you're being respectful to a friend. Do it at home and you're destroying evidence.
ZRX1200
4 years ago
I have extreme mixed feelings about Neil Young.

JR not some much he’s a cool cat.
JadeRose
4 years ago
I'm a NY fan. I don't care one way or another about Joe Rogan. I don't give a rats azz about either of their opinions about anything. I don't use Spotify. I like pie!

What I'm saying is I don't give $hit about any of this.
ZRX1200
4 years ago
Man I could go for some pie about now 😟
Palama
4 years ago

Man I could go for some pie about now 😟

ZRX1200 wrote:



+1
dkeage
4 years ago

Man I could go for some pie about now 😟

ZRX1200 wrote:




I had apple pie for breakfast...8-[
frankj1
4 years ago

I had apple pie for breakfast...8-[

dkeage wrote:


100 proof?
Mr. Jones
4 years ago
Man-0-DAYYYYY

THIS CIGARBID FORUM IS F.U.L.L. OF

NEIL YOUNG HATERS....

I LIKE NEIL YOUNGS MUSIC...
SCREW ALL YOU 3 CHORD haters...
tailgater
4 years ago
Young had a feud with Skynryd.

Skynyrd's plane went down.

Joe Rogan, watch your back.


HockeyDad
4 years ago

Man-0-DAYYYYY

THIS CIGARBID FORUM IS F.U.L.L. OF

NEIL YOUNG HATERS....

I LIKE NEIL YOUNGS MUSIC...
SCREW ALL YOU 3 CHORD haters...

Mr. Jones wrote:



You like Neil Young because he sounds like a dumpster slamming repeatedly!

Mr. Jones
4 years ago
Neil young should stay out of politics...

But he suffers (LIKE ALL OVER PAID AND OVER PROTECTED
MUSICIANS WHO HAVE RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES THAT VISUAL ARTISTS CAN ONLY DREAM OF....)
FROM MUSICIANS TRYING TO CONTROL THEIR ART AFTER IT WAS SOLD AND USED...

VISUAL ARTISTS SELL THEIR ART ONLY ONCE...
AND EVEN THEN THE GALLERY TAKES 50% OF THE $$$
SALE AMOUNT...VISUAL ARTISTS HAVE NO UNION OR LAWYERS HANGING ON LIKE LAMPREYS...

BUT MUSICIANS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CODDLED AND CONJOLED BY LAWYERS AND RECORD COMPANIES AND GET PAID EVERYTIME THEIR ART IS PLAYED....
WHICH IS TOTAL B.U.N.K. IN MY BOOK

I SAY F.U.C.K. ALL MUSICIANS, THEY MAKE WAY TO MUCH MONEY FOR SONGS THAT TAKE 1 HOUR TO WRITE AND
8 HOURS TO RECORD....

IT WOULD TAKE ME OVER 60-100 TO MAKE A PIECE OF MY ARTWORK...I NEVER MADE MORE THAN $750.00 SELLING A SINGLE PIECE...THEN THE GALLERY TOOK $375.00...

DO THE MATH...

I MADE $3.75 AN HOUR ( only once and never another dime...ever) and never got residuals, playtime $$$, number of plays $$$ , kickback money from radio stations, And the half a dozen more ways they rape the system with their rights and whatever $$$ they get daily, monthly and yearly for sitting on their asses , drinking booze, smoking pot and whining about people not paying to use their music...or whining that somebody the disagree with should not be allot to play their music....

Shut the f**k up you overpriviledged crybaby's....
Palama
4 years ago

Young had a feud with Skynryd.

Skynyrd's plane went down.

Joe Rogan, watch your back.


tailgater wrote:




Maybe not:

https://groovyhistory.com/neil-young-lynyrd-skynyrd-feud-sweet-home-alabama 
Users browsing this topic