fishinguitarman
a year ago
Domesticated cuban cigars

Cohiba Maddie
Montecristo

And many others..

Pretty good or waste of money?

KingoftheCove
a year ago
I THINK DMV likes a few of the Montecristos.
There are other botl here who like certain lines of the Cohiba, but not sure which ones……hopefully they will chime in.
Years ago I smoked a fiver of Montecristo maduros and liked them, but at their price point, there was other stuff I liked more.
Can’t actually remember which Montecristo maduros it was though….
Huzza3045
a year ago

Domesticated cuban cigars

Cohiba Maddie
Montecristo

And many others..

Pretty good or waste of money?

fishinguitarman wrote:



You mean the new world's?

I like the montecristo 1935 and montecristo espada
tonygraz
a year ago
The Montecristos I've smoked have been OK - but nothing really good. As for Cohiba, they used to be a strong cigar but the recent offerings seem a bit high in cost and not remarkable with the possible exception of the Cohiba black, but I haven't tried them all - just the blue, Dominicano and red dots and have yet to make my mind up on some aging blacks.
JGRAZ
a year ago
For me it's the Monte both Espada, Anniversary 1935, and Diamante.
And for what it's worth all are made by others. Plasencia(Espada) and AJ Fernandez(other two).
As for Cohiba........Nothing has struck me as even decent
Jakethesnake86
a year ago
Espada oscuro is very good montecristo
I’m the snake
LeeBot
a year ago
There were some posts the other day about Punch. They're about the only Cuban legacy brand that I smoke with any regularity. I like the Bareknuckle, Diablo, Estate Collection, and some of the seasonal releases and stuff. They're not high end, but good beaters for the price.
Mraia
a year ago
Every time I have a Punch I’m pleasantly surprised. I graduated from the infused Acids and Punch was one of the first non infused I regularly smoked, about 100 years ago. I don’t smoke em regularly but like I said they always are pretty good. Can’t beat the price either
Huzza3045
a year ago
I do enjoy the punch takeout series and gran puro. I enjoyed a Punch signature earlier last year, but I think they might be a tad inconsistent and/or iffy flavors (See Dan's blind cigar #3 post in blind cigar reviews)
Tiver
a year ago
[quote=Huzza3045]I do enjoy the punch takeout series and gran puro. I enjoyed a Punch signature earlier last year, but I think they might be a tad inconsistent and/or iffy flavors (See Dan's blind cigar #3 post in blind cigar reviews)[/quote

The signatures I've smoked aren't top shelf, but never came across as anywhere near what Dan's write up described. I like Dan's reviews, but just come to believe that different smokes for different folks is the rule. I have never found the Sigs to deliver that kind of offense. OTOH, it could be I have the palate of a goat.

I like the Punch maduro rothschilde that can still be had on cBid for $1.50 sometimes.
DrMaddVibe
a year ago

I THINK DMV likes a few of the Montecristos.
There are other botl here who like certain lines of the Cohiba, but not sure which ones……hopefully they will chime in.
Years ago I smoked a fiver of Montecristo maduros and liked them, but at their price point, there was other stuff I liked more.
Can’t actually remember which Montecristo maduros it was though….

KingoftheCove wrote:



The others have mentioned the Montecristos I smoke but they left off the Nicaraguan Series...I much prefer the maduro toro.

If you haven't tried them...you're snoozing.

Romeo Y Julieta is another one...love me some #2 Reserva Real's with age on them. The 1875's are good and the Romeo's are a fantastic golf course cigar.
Jakethesnake86
a year ago
Romeo by AJ is a good one. Habano 2000 maduro wrapper
I’m the snake
Users browsing this topic