chipslave
22 years ago
Ethan...

How could you trun your back on Lou Holtz? He is a great coach, or is this thread mainly with NFL not college?
DrMaddVibe
22 years ago
John Madden, Tom Landry, Bill Belichick, Jimmy Johnson, ****** Vermiel and the one and only Vince Lombardi. Those are some coaches that make Parcells look weak. The intimidation by fear game doesn't work anymore. Not when you're dealing with millionaires.
choner
22 years ago
To say that Bill Belichick, Jimmy Johnson, and ****** Vermiel make Parcells look weak is so wrong. If you ask any owner in the league who they want as their head coach, more then half would say Parcells. I don't know what you are basing your comments on DMV.

As for Madden, he was a good coach but only won one title and quit after 10 years, never tried to coach again with another team. Tom Landry and Lombardi were Great.

Parcells does not intimidate, he pushes for perfection, and it works. He knows how to deal with high salary players, because he has their respect. Without respect, a head coach is useless, you can ask Schottenheimer about that. But the thing is, Parcells is winning with non-superstars on his team, which is why you must admire him.

choner
DrMaddVibe
22 years ago
I didn't say I don't admire him. He's not God. The other coaches that I mentioned are the ones that I believe truly know the game next to the true master...Bill Walsh(whom someone else mentioned).

You can pray all you want to Parcell's, but look at the way "his" teams self-destruct when he leaves! That's nothing to marvel at. He decimates teams with bloated budgets and then whistles his way to another team that welcomes him like a local whorehouse when the fleet pulls in.
JonR
22 years ago
Miami - 40....God - 21. JonR
Messier11
22 years ago
Go Iggles!!!!
billreif
22 years ago
GO EAGLES !!!
Dallas S____s
tailgater
22 years ago
I've lived through Parcells with the Patriots.
He is indeed one of the greats.

But I honestly believe his talents lie strickly in motivation. Players hate playing for him. Until they leave and get lazy with so-called "player coaches". Then they go back to regain their glory years.

But the Tuna is barely half the coach Bellicheck is.
Little Bill utilizes talent in a manner in which Parcells only dreams he could.

I know.
I've had the fortune of living (and dying) with both.

Go Pats!

B Naked
22 years ago
I hope Bill Parcells is God. Then maybe he can create a miracle and let my Cowboys have a shot of winning this weekend in Philly. Philly is just looking too damn good lately. McNabb is due to have a bad game (but I'll settle for divine intervention)
JonR
22 years ago
Yo B Naked: Fogedabodid, Eagles are No.1. JonR
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Don't worry - Eagles don't have a shot with that pathetic quarterback - everyone knows people just like him 'cause he's black....
coma-one
22 years ago
Props to Philly, no doubt, however I belive that the Patriots will go all the way this year. It would be cool to have New England - Philly Super Bowl!!!
choner
22 years ago
Ethan, are you on painkillers again?

choner
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
hahaha - ok, seriously, I don't think I'll be able to watch the blood bath that is imminent on Sunday - but get this - the city of Dallas just announced a 'task force' to start planning a Super Bowl party - should the need arise - man! Talk about your Optimists here in Dallas!!!!
tonester666
22 years ago
Philly, Dallas and superbowl in the same sentence. Y'all need to drop the crack pipe. And lookout for the Blue and Gold.

I'd like to see an Indy vs St Louis I-70 bowl
tailgater
22 years ago
Indy?
Manning proved last weekend that he can't win the big games.
And Dungee is terrible in the post season.

Indy will be watching the SB along with St. Louis, from their couches at home.

Philly - New England.

Write it down...
Charlie
22 years ago
Lets go for Kansas City Chiefs vs St Louis or Philadelphia!

Charlie
tonester666
22 years ago
I agree with the Indy comments but Manning is my fanatsy QB. The Rams are good enough to go all the way if they do not beat themselves. They are almost completely healthy.
Charlie
22 years ago
Martz will come up with some way to loose!

C
Users browsing this topic