TMCTLT
14 years ago

No, it's called that because it kills all of the expectations from the n00bs and inexperienced cigar smoker. It draws you in with a nice wood box. You open it and see colorful bands adorning each cigar. You unwrap them from their cellophane wrapper and hold them in your hands. You take in the tobacco smell. You clip the cap and light the end, rotating the cigar the entire time to ensure a even burn and then comes the first draw. You take it in and it brings you to your knees. You're vomiting so violently that tears are streaming from your eye sockets like Old Faithful. The taste you can't get out of your mouth even if you drank a gallon of maple syrup or transmission fluid. Then the wrapper that holds all of the leaves together splits open like the stomach of one of Jack the Ripper's victims. Jagged, gaping and exposed for the world to see all the way from that first 1/4" all the way to the band. The band was the only thing that stopped the entire thing unraveling in your hands and burning your shirt all the way down to your pants.

Nay, it's the expectations that it slays instead of yourself. If it did in fact kill you they would've called it something like "Mercy" or "Mary Faustina" or the "Kevorkian", but it doesn't. It just impales the desire to light another one. Be forewarned though, there will be hard headed individuals that will sing their praises and line up for each and every release. Those people are called Royal Princes of the House of Saud or n00bs. Either way they have little to no real world experience and tastebuds that will have camel dung and syrup of ipecac described as the "Food for angels", "Turkish Delight" or "The Rolls Royce of Cigars"! Either way you can listen and heed these words or jump in with both feet and buy a sampler. Smoke them up and then join the denizen of cigar smokers that will NEVER EVER EVER have one delivered to their house much less in the humidors. The choice is yours. There are some that just have to smell it, hold it and taste it before they realize what a litter box treasure they have on their palate and there are some that listen and hold onto their money for a much better cigar and a more satisfying experience.

DrMaddVibe wrote:





Gee Doc.....don't hold back....tell us how you really feel and take as much time as you need [sarcasm]
DrMaddVibe
14 years ago
If I'm lyin' I'm fryin'![whip]

[frypan]
Jus sayin'
sd72
14 years ago
That, my friend, is the greatest review of a brand that was ever written. Vibe is my new hero
dpnewell
14 years ago
Dang, did you folks see the QB price? $50.00 for a 5ver, $90.00 for a box of 10! CI claims retail of $500 per box of 10!

Now I know why it's called "widow maker". If your wife found out you spent listed retail on these POS, she'd kill ya!
yardobeef
14 years ago
I haven't felt this awful since we saw that Ronald Reagan film.
DrMaddVibe
14 years ago

I haven't felt this awful since we saw that Ronald Reagan film.

yardobeef wrote:




Watching terrible television is a side effect of long term Gurkha usage.
nickatnite
14 years ago

Watching terrible television is a side effect of long term Gurkha usage.

DrMaddVibe wrote:




I try to stay away from both.
😟
GrayBeard2
14 years ago
Have to agree with Doc, I've tried a couple and never smoked one I liked. Not a buy for me.
cwlovdahl
12 years ago
Hmmm... Seem to be a few Gurkha haters out there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Gurkha sycophant, nor am I a noob. I dislike all of the lines I have tried, with the exception of the Connecticut-wrapped Symphony and Beauty (I'm nubbing a Beauty right now). I enjoy mild-medium sticks that have flavor but are smooth and don't make me OD on vitamin N. I just ordered 10 Widowmaker Churchills for $22. There are some positive reviews out there and I have been wanting to give the Connecticut version a try. At $2.20/stick, even if it turns out to be a turd I won't be out a big box of money. Will post opinions once I have had a few.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
the first one you smoke will have a lousy draw... after working and working to get some amount of smoke, you will toss it in frustration...

the second one you smoke you'll consider a one-dimensional yard gar worth a dollar at best...

you'll try a third just to make sure you're not missing something, but less than halfway in it will explode, leaving small fragments of the fragile wrapper flapping in the wind...

enjoy...
tonygraz
12 years ago
Send me all those unwanted Gurkha Widowmakers. The natural is a decent smoke but has a very light amount of flavor and the Maduro is a very tasty smoke. I haven't tried the big rings yet but I think I have a 5er buried somewhere. Bought at the right price, these make a very nice daily smoke choice.
QMPASH
12 years ago

No, it's called that because it kills all of the expectations from the n00bs and inexperienced cigar smoker. It draws you in with a nice wood box. You open it and see colorful bands adorning each cigar. You unwrap them from their cellophane wrapper and hold them in your hands. You take in the tobacco smell. You clip the cap and light the end, rotating the cigar the entire time to ensure a even burn and then comes the first draw. You take it in and it brings you to your knees. You're vomiting so violently that tears are streaming from your eye sockets like Old Faithful. The taste you can't get out of your mouth even if you drank a gallon of maple syrup or transmission fluid. Then the wrapper that holds all of the leaves together splits open like the stomach of one of Jack the Ripper's victims. Jagged, gaping and exposed for the world to see all the way from that first 1/4" all the way to the band. The band was the only thing that stopped the entire thing unraveling in your hands and burning your shirt all the way down to your pants.

Nay, it's the expectations that it slays instead of yourself. If it did in fact kill you they would've called it something like "Mercy" or "Mary Faustina" or the "Kevorkian", but it doesn't. It just impales the desire to light another one. Be forewarned though, there will be hard headed individuals that will sing their praises and line up for each and every release. Those people are called Royal Princes of the House of Saud or n00bs. Either way they have little to no real world experience and tastebuds that will have camel dung and syrup of ipecac described as the "Food for angels", "Turkish Delight" or "The Rolls Royce of Cigars"! Either way you can listen and heed these words or jump in with both feet and buy a sampler. Smoke them up and then join the denizen of cigar smokers that will NEVER EVER EVER have one delivered to their house much less in the humidors. The choice is yours. There are some that just have to smell it, hold it and taste it before they realize what a litter box treasure they have on their palate and there are some that listen and hold onto their money for a much better cigar and a more satisfying experience.

DrMaddVibe wrote:




And, your point is??????????? [sarcasm]
danmdevries
12 years ago
Dont think I've had one of these.

Dont plan on it either.

When I first got into cigars, past my ACID phase, I went to Gurkha. They almost drove me away. If I didn't learn from the internetz that they're not the ultra premiums they're advertised as, I would've said cigars just aren't my thing.

But, I learned they're no better than a White Owl, and discovered the world of delicious cigars. I have no interest in ever smoking another.
ah42266
12 years ago

I am going to have to get Rah to translate all those smilies...

rwilly wrote:


.....the Widow Maker Connecticut 7"x52 is hardly average, and also not worth a 2nd smoking.
.....the Widow Maker Maduro 6"x60 is a good smoke.
.....the Widow Maker Maduro 7"x52 is NOT a good smoke. why is the 6"x60 decent and the 7"x52 not? no idea, ask kaizad hansotia.


.....no need to smoke any of the above beyond once really. their are DOZENS of better options that go for the same max bid.🇨🇮
spectresquad
12 years ago
Hmmmm...I hope I don't have a mutiny coming when the crew grab a few Gurkhas...It will just make the Las Caliveras that much more special. I wonder if Nick Perdomo Has a few boxes I can hide the Gurkhas under?](*,)




Bass man
12 years ago

.....the Widow Maker Connecticut 7"x52 is hardly average, and also not worth a 2nd smoking.
.....the Widow Maker Maduro 6"x60 is a good smoke.
.....the Widow Maker Maduro 7"x52 is NOT a good smoke. why is the 6"x60 decent and the 7"x52 not? no idea, ask kaizad hansotia.


.....no need to smoke any of the above beyond once really. their are DOZENS of better options that go for the same max bid.🇨🇮

ah42266 wrote:


You do realize kaizad does not even smoke cigars which is probably why they stink!
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
no, they stink because they are composed of substandard tobacco and rolled by novice torcedors...
tonygraz
12 years ago

You do realize kaizad does not even smoke cigars which is probably why they stink!

Bass man wrote:



Saw a video just recently where he was smoking a Gurkha. He bought the name along with some cigars, so I would imagine that he is a cigar smoker.



Users browsing this topic