mrtelcom
21 years ago
There is no question about this. You can go in some brick and mortars and it looks like a CI catalog.
Steve*R
21 years ago
Of course, you also have to consider all the guys who sell cigars on Yahoo auctions. They're far too small to even buy from local distributors, so they buy here and at other vendors, when they have slash and burn closeouts.
ryantp
21 years ago
Steve*R - that's exactly what I was referring to.
cgbgjr
21 years ago
There is a guy in this area who sells cigars to golf club pro shops who in turn sell singles to the golfers. He buys his smokes from the same retailers I do--I have seen the return addresses on a couple of packages that were unopened.

He has no storefront so I guess the only way he could have a problem is if the tax folks spent a lot of time on golf courses. šŸ™‚

I haven't met the person but I wouldn't be surprised if he was unaware of the potential pitfalls of his operation.
qmech
8 years ago
HišŸ‡ØšŸ‡®
There was a shop in MA that had the same 5 packs and other products(Even found a smiley face😁) sold exclusively through CI (& P&C or Cigars). Now it is possible he looked out for sales and the like from the mother-ship and/or her siblings (P&C or Cigars). However I would put money that his hunting ground. was right here on cbid. There are also a number of eBay folks who resell items.
tonygraz
8 years ago
Wow- revived after 3 years ! Internet cigars at shop prices - how could you go wrong ? I wonder if they paid Mass tax on them.
Mrs. dpnewell
8 years ago
Look again, Tony. Revived after 13 years, not 3.

David
tonygraz
8 years ago
Oops, keying mishap.
Pudding Mittens
8 years ago

Since each person bidding creates and maintains their own profile, we don't actually keep track of who is purchasing and why.

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:


You probably ought to be. It's valuable business intelligence/metrics and unless your database is designed really badly, it should be pretty easy to do. The aggregation code, DB tables, necessary SQL queries and a nice web-based interface (available internally only, not to customers!) for generating reports, running queries, etc. is all pretty simple. I know because I design and code that kind of stuff all the time.

you'd also be very surprised at the number of individuals who buy for their own personal use. I think they must be smoking two or three at a time...


A few possibilities:

1. They enjoy having a very large collection.

2. They're buying flavorful cigars very heavily now at cheap prices to avoid having to pay huge highly-taxed prices for tightly-regulated, bland, flavorless, FDA-approved blends 5 or 10 or more years from now.

3. They're buying cigars very heavily now to beat inflation in prices (although that involves "opportunity cost", what you could've otherwise done with the money).

4. They enjoy experimenting with super-long-term aging.

Or, any combination of these 4 reasons.
.
5 years ago
To me The Tell-Tale sign that dealers are stocking up is not in the cigars it's in the merchandise. You cannot make an argument that someone is using 20 travel humidors or 20 cigar cutters.
tonygraz
5 years ago
Or it could be people buying at CBID and reselling the stuff on EBAY.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
5 years ago
Yep, that's my thought. There's money to made if you don't mind the monotony, sounds boring af to me though.
opelmanta1900
5 years ago
When I worked at a smoke shop I routinely filled customer requests for non tobacco merchandise through cbid...
5 years ago
This.

I bid on ā€œcigar juiceā€ just the other night. 35 lots total. One buyer quadrupled the price for me when they bought 20 lots. Who uses that many 16 oz containers of humidifier solution?

A dealer or someone reselling them, that’s who.

Irritating...
frankj1
5 years ago

This.

I bid on ā€œcigar juiceā€ just the other night. 35 lots total. One buyer quadrupled the price for me when they bought 20 lots. Who uses that many 16 oz containers of humidifier solution?

A dealer or someone reselling them, that’s who.

Irritating...

IMrokkenAmullet wrote:


it's good wif vodka...
agrodge
5 years ago
I just bid on ten lots of ten cigars each. And I guarantee I’ll smoke every single one of them if I win the bid. Some of us just enjoy the great deals we can get in here.
opelmanta1900
5 years ago
Russian bot...
Users browsing this topic