Homebrew
12 years ago

I was gonna dissect your whole post but I dont have time..... Best value CC IMO is the RyJ en cedro that can be had for $80/25. If you can find the Serie D for that price please let me know....... live virtual herfs on iphone apps lol

reckless wrote:


I don't like most RyJ, I would smoke a H.Upmann Coronas Major, just slightly more expensive, or a Partagas Mille Fluers at about the same price point.

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)🍺
reckless
12 years ago

I don't like most RyJ, I would smoke a H.Upmann Coronas Major, just slightly more expensive, or a Partagas Mille Fluers at about the same price point.

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)🍺

Homebrew wrote:


Ill take a well aged RyJ any day
madbricky
12 years ago

I was gonna dissect your whole post but I dont have time..... Best value CC IMO is the RyJ en cedro that can be had for $80/25. If you can find the Serie D for that price please let me know....... live virtual herfs on iphone apps lol

reckless wrote:



What do you mean by side eyeing my post? Dissecting is for doctors not noods. Go count your stash of woody cc's silly nood and leave this topic to the grownups. 🐴
madbricky
12 years ago

Umadbricky? 😂

How come u can't show nips, but u can show ***** in an avatar? 😰

[sarcasm]

daveincincy wrote:


Diamond membership has its bonus my friend. You get it by maxing two cards on auctions and mybobviously unstable ie "mad" status. Lol
nolen
12 years ago
Cohiba Dominican? Yes, really like them!

Cohiba CC? Yes, love them!

The CC and Dominican Cohiba's could not be more different. I just happen to like both.
triodes
12 years ago
Beer, fine wines, port, whiskey, etc. all depend on your palette and experiences.

All of those are acquired tastes, so are cigars. And your tastes change with the journey.

Some people don't care for CC's, others do. In the US particularly, they have a mystique.

Is it warranted? Only you can answer that.

Hang around, read a lot of threads.

The answers, such as they are, can be found.

Are they worth the money? Depends on you, what is your discretionary income level?

Do you retrohale?

Cigar journey can be wonderful or a pain in the ass.

Welcome to the forum.
pdxstogieman
12 years ago
If you like mild to medium smokes (Not my taste) the Dominican Cohiba's are a decent cigar, but overpriced. The Cuban Cohibas are also mild/medium. Not my choice if I'm smoking a CC. JdM or Partagas CC's are more to my taste.
njstone
12 years ago

An stone siting?! Sup Nate!?

Asking about NC & CC Cohiba in the same thread is a complete fail. No comparison. And yes, as someone said earlier, plenty of fake CC Cohibas even in Cuba.

As for your question about 2nds....pretty sure theres an Opus X 2nds thread around here somewhere. Might take some digging.

KPP wrote:




Hy bro! I'm doin well. Things have been crazy since moving back to the States and having baby #3. Hope to be around a little more.

How are you?
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

.........Thats why I have hundreds of Pinar del Rio cigars.......

madbricky wrote:


:-k
madbricky
12 years ago

:-k

KingoftheCove wrote:


Hey!! Do you know how many smokes Senor Flores and the Rodriguez brothers have out? Dozens and then some. I have all the mid line like the Obsidians and Oscuro, sungrown, classico, etc.. Then the higher end 1878 series, La Moneda and Tres Ligeros. Then the Small Batch series and the Flores y Rodriguez series and few retailer specials like The Coney. They average 6 vitolas and several shapes. I figure by bargain hunting I only spent a grand on this outstanding product. Im goofier than a chit house rat when I find a good stogie maker. You will cringe when you hear about my MOW, 5 Vegas, and Diesel obsession. I love them AJ Fernandez blends.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
RyJ En Cedros are the bargain CC
delta1
12 years ago
tonygraz
12 years ago

Here is a good auction start. Set your max for $34 as I have won as low as $21 before people starting catching on to this mid range PDR lineup.
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1686646/Pinar-del-Rio-Gran-Toro-Mega-Sampler-20-Cigars/ 

Let them rest at least 12 weeks.

madbricky wrote:



Not a bad grouping, but certainly not the best of PDR, I can't believe that guy from Richmond is bidding $ 31 each for 10 of them. Stay away from the cheap PDR fumas unless you want yard gars. They also have a cheap line that CI doesn't sell which is only good for yard gars. I've been a PDR fan for a few years and probably have a hundred or so aging. My favorite is the 1878 Cubano especial maduro robusto, but I've tried 26 of them, not including the non PDR branded ones like Obsidian.


reckless
12 years ago

What do you mean by side eyeing my post? Dissecting is for doctors not noods. Go count your stash of woody cc's silly nood and leave this topic to the grownups. 🐴

madbricky wrote:


Grownups have virtual herfs over iphone apps? LOL go back to the hole in which you came fuggin noop with the rest of your "friends" ya basement dweller 🤦
cacman
12 years ago

I'm going to try the Opus X

Anyone else have any favorites, open to experiment.

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:


You question whether real Cohiba's are worth the price (not even discussing how long it was aged) then move on to say you're going to try Opus (IMHO another over-priced over-hyped cigar)??? You've got an expensive learning curve ahead of you.

Try an Añejo first. And I can't believe no one has mentioned Montecristo?
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago


That's just not right. /\/\^^/\/\
I want to thank y'all for the helpful information yesterday. Was pointed in the right direction.

The thonginator seemed a little too full bodied for my taste. :-&

Im into toros and churchills, not nubs.
Cigars that is.

Do to the weather we are having my packages won't make it out till tomorrow or friday. I will pm the tracking info.
Thanks again.

Gonna keep digging


illinichaser
12 years ago

That's just not right. /\/\^^/\/\


Do to the weather we are having my packages won't make it out till tomorrow or friday. I will pm the tracking info.
Thanks again.

Gonna keep digging


Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



No worries. Mine probably won't go until Friday at current rate as well. . .


Stay safe :-" :-"
reckless
12 years ago

No worries. Mine probably won't go until Friday at current rate as well. . .


Stay safe :-" :-"

illinichaser wrote:


Sounds like someone is playing games.......
illinichaser
12 years ago

Sounds like someone is playing games.......

reckless wrote:



huh?

I arranged a "trade" with him. I send him a nice selection, he sends his RP's(I just didn't say where the RP's are going)

🍺 🍺
Users browsing this topic