QMPASH
  • QMPASH
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
12 years ago
Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems that every Ghurka cigar I smoke has a major construction issue. Uneven burn, wrappers peeling off and dissolving caps. 😕
Plowboy221
12 years ago
sd72
12 years ago
Must be a storage issue on your part. They're the rolls Royce of cigars
SRH1
12 years ago

Must be a storage issue on your part. They're the rolls Royce of cigars

sd72 wrote:



And with a cubanesque flavor profile!
ZRX1200
12 years ago
The Sultan of Brunai cannot be wrong.
sd72
12 years ago
Are you keeping them in the gurhka backpack that's used on safari? Hopefully cutting them with the gurhka tactical tanto knife?
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
you are smoking the wrong Ghurkas................you've been here 3 years and you don't know the good Ghurkas yet?
PM JadeRose........he'll give you the list of 14 good ones......prolly send a few too....
PM ZRX1200 for Ghurka SWAG.......he has t-shirts, duffle bags, knives and stuff........
SRH1
12 years ago

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems that every Ghurka cigar I smoke has a major construction issue. Uneven burn, wrappers peeling off and dissolving caps. 😕

QMPASH wrote:



Don't take it personally, For the most part Ghurka is a running joke here and you just stepped in the pile of poo. Most every noob here has bitten on the marketing hype and thought to themselves, 'wow, I can get a $20 cigar for 3 bucks. I better jump on that deal quickly because a deal like that surely won't last'.
You sir are not the first, nor will you be the last. There are some good Ghurka's out there but I surely couldn't tell you which of the 1000 different ones are worthwhile. I gave up on the brand a long time ago......cause most of them do fall apart in your hands.......and the ones that don't.......you'll probably wish they had.

If you pay attention, there are many BOTL's here with good palates. Pick up some fivers of the sticks folks here like and decide for yourself which ones suit your taste and budget. One last word....don't believe the marketing hype......if you believed it all, every cigar available here or at ANY online vendor can be made to sound like the greatest smoke ever.
Good luck and have fun finding out what you like. Maybe even PM Fishinguitarman and get yourself a vet to get you started and help show you where the piles of poo are.
Mandoman
12 years ago
Yes, you'll find lots of Gurkha (correct spelling, BTW) hate around here. However, if you're patient, you'll find a little love, also.
I agree, most Gurkhas aren't worth the price. There are a couple I usually keep in my humi, they are the Centurian and Legend Aniversario. The catch is that you have to let 'em age for a year or so. Maybe I'm lucky or blessed by the great cigar god, but I haven't experienced the construction problems described by others.
As I've often said in the past, don't let someone else decide what cigars you like. Try 'em yourself and make up your own mind.
gryphonms
12 years ago
There are a very few good Gurkhas. Give the rest to friends who like Swisher sweets. Fight the impulse to buy more. I like the Gurkha ghost and the Gurkha seduction.
05busa
12 years ago
This is great
robertsccr5
12 years ago
I like Gurkhas...send all Centurian, Beauty, Spec Ops and Ghost to me.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

I like Gurkhas...send all Centurian, Beauty, Spec Ops and Ghost to me.

robertsccr5 wrote:


Gurkhaaaaa mooch post???
awesome.......
fishinguitarman
12 years ago
Somebody call?
PorknBeans
12 years ago
never had one to spensive for my bugdet
05busa
12 years ago
I like their knives
spectresquad
12 years ago
Do I feel a bombing run coming?
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
Here's your chance for some good Gurkhas:

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1684978/Gurkha-Centurian-Perfecto-6/ 

edit: Oh, that's a Centurian in my avatar currently.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/637194/Gurkha-Centurian-and- 

:-"
tonygraz
12 years ago
I like Gurkhas- well some Gurkhas and the Centurion is not one of my favorites. I've only smoked one, but I have some more and will give them another shot someday. Same story with the Beauty, but that special ops is really special and tops my list of best cigars (current version). For Perdomo however, I have yet to meet one I really like- but I have a few in stock I have yet to try and a couple on my list to buy if the price is right.
leftyposthole
12 years ago
Don't get me started..........
Users browsing this topic