danmdevries
12 years ago

You are more than welcome! I expect a report on what you thought of the Diablos and the KFC's!!!

knokmdwn wrote:



Will do. May be a day or two, weather's not cooperating.

Maybe tonight in the garage...
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
I'm curious about that fat Molly:-k

Tell me it's like a smokey feral flying pig. 🙏
danmdevries
12 years ago

I'm curious about that fat Molly:-k

Tell me it's like a smokey feral flying pig. 🙏

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



Wouldn't know, never had a LP.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Just like it hillbilly, get some and send me a couple.

danmdevries wrote:



10-4 good buddy.

I'll get you a couple LP's too!
knokmdwn
12 years ago

Have heard that the Herrara's are very good and looked today while @ the Shpo in MI....but no such luck

Nicely done Ray

TMCTLT wrote:




I've smoked a couple and personally think they need about 3 years of rest. If they aren't better after that, I won't buy any more.
danmdevries
12 years ago
Lit one of the Diablos this morning with my coffee while I did my morning chores. Didn't get to sit down with it until I was done, but still had 20 minutes left taking this little corona to a solid hour. Cigars do tend to last longer when im feeding and cleaning the animals and mowing, but still did not expect an hour from it.

Started off pretty plain sweet dry hay/tobacco flavor (too windy, dunno aroma) and I thought to myself its a pretty uninteresting cigar. But a little while later when I was getting the tractor outta my shed I took another moment to concentrate on the flavor and the plain tobacco flavor changed into a sweet chocolatey rich and lingering. The final third seems woody very spicy but still with a almost dried fruit n chocolate lingering.

Really impressed with this little cigar. I was expecting a spicy pepper bomb. Really didn't get unpalatable until the last inch.

Im still new to cigars, cant say my experience will match others, or my flavor identification will be what you taste, but I was thoroughly impressed with this little cigar.
hnixon12
12 years ago
I see JackSoup took off quick!
danmdevries
12 years ago

I see JackSoup took off quick!

hnixon12 wrote:



With that attitude, no loss.

I'm currently heating my mash water, getting ready to brew two batches of beer today. Should give me plenty of time to try the MUWAT KFC. Will post after I light one. Gonna start with the chunky, as my favorite standard MUWAT is the BaitFish size.
danmdevries
12 years ago
Ill update as it goes along. Immediately after removing the cello I was smacked in the face with a sweet bbq aroma. Very very strong mesquite aroma. Gonna punch the head and toast up.

First impression is a very spicy flavor that falls off sharply and minimal finish, hint of the fire cured, but nowhere near as strong as the initial pre light aroma.

Couple puffs in and there's some mildly offensive characters on retrohale of either strong chili or body odor. I hope this improves.

Definitely improved. almost 1" down and its smoothed out tremendously. Armpit aroma is gone. Spicy smoked wood, but sweetness fell off completely. Now more of an oak or hickory instead of mesquite, with quite a kick in the strength department. Haven't eaten much today, just an egg and a piece of buttered bread. Smoking while brewing, so im in the garage and the room aroma from this cigar is fantastic!

As it winds down, i found it gets hot pretty easily. Accidentally let it go out just prior to this update. It was getting hot so I set it down and tended to the beer, it was out in under 2 min. The other MUWAT ive had dont seem to care if you're puffing on them or not, they keep going. Regardless after a purge and relight it didnt miss a beat! Flavor is unchanged. One or two slightly sour puffs but back to the same spicy smoked woody tobacco flavor. Got about 1.5" remaining. Dont know how much longer it'll hold on.

I put it down just about 1" even. Final impression is its a unique cigar, with not nearly as much of the fire cured flavor as id expected based off several negative comments ive read about it. Its definitely woodier than the BaitFish but about equal in strength, flavor is not the BaitFish+ wood, its an entirely different cigar.

Something id get again, yes, but not necessarily at msrp. Worth the price to try one, but would need a deal to buy a box/bundle. Its a good little smoke. Got 55 minutes out of it.
danmdevries
12 years ago
Thanks to knokmdwn for the samples. The fat Molly will be reviewed next. Gonna need to eat before I light another.

Cant scroll down enough on my phone to edit again, but I did end up cutting the head when it went out. Punch may not be the best cut on this one.
danmdevries
12 years ago
Um.

Ndill. It's gonna take a while, but I will get you back.

Holy carp.
Ndill
12 years ago

Um.

Ndill. It's gonna take a while, but I will get you back.

Holy carp.

danmdevries wrote:


No

Enjoy! 🇨🇮
smokestaxx
12 years ago

and why?

cacman wrote:


Why who?
Ndill
12 years ago
danmdevries
12 years ago
Having my first Hererra Esteli tonight. Believe its the toro? Torpedo?

Had one of the toughest weeks of work in a long time. Wish I was able to share details but long story short, ive a day "off" (covering nights wed n thurs) tomorrow so I had a couple two three drinks prior to cutting n toasting.

Im only into the first third at 20 minutes, this is gonna be a long smoke. So far its been an inoffensive mild cigar with a medium draw and reasonable smoke output. Theres a "creaminess" to it that ive only noticed in one or two cigars before, dont recall which, but its a pleasant characteristic. . Flavor so far hasn't been anything stellar, but I have consumed tequila and beers, so that may have an impact.

Will update as I burn through it. Thanks again to knkmdwn

Second third and the creamy mouthfeel continues, but the flavors have picked up a not entirely unpleasant fuel oil nuance. As long as this subsides or at least doesn't increase, were good. Theres a nutty pecan note on the early finish but im having a hard time getting my mind off fuel oil. Theres a bit more bite on the retrohale, and the nutty flavor reminds me of something I cant recall. (Mind you, I have fond memories of fuel oil on grampas farm) the nuttiness is a sweet mixed candy/nut bowl aromatic.

40 minutes in and im almost approaching the halfway point.
Ndill
12 years ago
It's the lonsdale. Drink up and I hope things get better for you brother!
Ndill
12 years ago
Whoops may not be the lonsdale. Was thinking it was one I sent.
danmdevries
12 years ago

Whoops may not be the lonsdale. Was thinking it was one I sent.

Ndill wrote:



Nope, your HE's are in the desktop. Wanted to try the larger RG first, and then see how much the wrapper is contributing with the Lonsdale tomorrow. I suspected with a milder rated flavor I might be able to pick up on the difference. Still noob palate, still learning and experimenting.

Work is fine, it was actually a great day for my patients, we just were entirely overwhelmed for a solid 16 hours but my team worked very well, and truthfully saved dozens of lives (and then some, with an organ procurement). And today was day 6 in a row putting in 13-16hrs/day. Now that im able to take some time for myself, this week will be remembered fondly.
danmdevries
12 years ago
May have sped up my puffing a bit as its getting colder out as we approach midnight. Final third has begun.

Fuel oil note is almost entirely gone but the creamy mouthfeel persists and may actually have increased. That's a charactrristic I strive for when brewing a rich stout beer, so its very very welcome on my tongue.

The complexity of flavor has absolutely exploded. Cant pinpoint what it all reminds me of, and my descriptors of some of the things im picking up may seem a bit offensive to you, but are fond memories for me. Not going to say what im getting from it, because I typed it out and it seemed absolutely ridiculous and to people that aren't me, probably gross. In short, its been a fairly exciting smoke for me. And I haven't liked that many mild/med cigars.

Still 2" to go. Maybe I estimated thirds incorrectly. Maybe I should say "smokable thirds" as ive rarely had one that made it past 1.5". Cant stand a "hot" cigar. Also, 65% may still be a bit wet for this one. Wrapper just blew up. Binders holding strong, no effect on the smoke. Or maybe im rushing it because im shivering, cant feel my fingers or toes and my nose is running. Not an ideal night.
danmdevries
12 years ago
Well, only got down to about 1.5" and the wrapper gave up the ghost and floated away in the wind.

Definitely noted the difference in flavor without a wrapper. Significant change in flavor and mouthfeel. Tossed the butt in my ash tray.

Very good smoke overall. Don't know that it's worth the retail price, but I still have other vitolas to try. This was my first. Definitely a "will try again" but may need to smoke a bit drier than this one. Ambient RH outside according to one of my electronics is 43% at 49°F. Whether or not that's entirely precise, I can't say. 15-20mph winds may have had an impact as well, as could the food/drink prior to lighting.

Really looking forward to my next one. That was a good cigar.
Users browsing this topic