nolen
12 years ago
My fav vid on retrohaling. I can't imagine smoking without it. Retrohaling adds the second dimension to the smoking experience.



I don't understand how some of these "cigar reviewers" do so without retrohaling.
ronco
12 years ago
I usually only retro the last 1/4 or so of the smoke otherwise it's just too intense for me, but whenever I do retrohale, I seem to pick up more floral/sweet/pepper/cocoa that may be present
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Last 1/4 makes it less intense? If there's anywhere for me to get overwhelmed that's where it'll be. I know we're all different but this just seems counterintuitive to the burning of tobacco. But hey, I'm a psych guy so I suppose I should appreciate counters
99cobra2881
12 years ago
I loves me a good retrohale, all thanks to you guys for telling me I wasn't smoking right.

I like to open my mouth and raise my tongue up slightly into the smoke, then as most of the smoke has drifted out of my mouth I breath the last bit of it out through my nose slowly. Just like a quick puff will burn a cigar down and overheat it a quick retrohale just blasts the smoke out your nose.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
ronco
12 years ago

I loves me a good retrohale, all thanks to you guys for telling me I wasn't smoking right.

I like to open my mouth and raise my tongue up slightly into the smoke, then as most of the smoke has drifted out of my mouth I breath the last bit of it out through my nose slowly. Just like a quick puff will burn a cigar down and overheat it a quick retrohale just blasts the smoke out your nose.

99cobra2881 wrote:



exactly
riverdog
12 years ago

Try it PRELIGHT.

A trick I try with newer smokers to help them understand why retrohaling works.

ZRX1200 wrote:



Very cool little trick, really brings out the spice. Kind of like riding a bike, I don't even remember when I started retrohaling, and only recently realized it had a name, but I never thought about doing it pre-light. Thanks Jamie.=d>
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Layman's terms
ronco
12 years ago
I tried retrohaling a lancero up each nostril, boy was I surprised
to learn that wasn't what retrohaling was!
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Users browsing this topic