pfk985
  • pfk985
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago
What bad experience have you had with polypropylene glycol?
ZRX1200
12 years ago
^ it has been known to transfer flavors .
tonygraz
12 years ago

What was the clay humidifier like Tony?

nolen wrote:


A round metal cup with reddish clay in it a little smaller than a cigar mechanic humidifier. I think it came out an old pipe tobacco jar I picked up somewhere.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

^ it has been known to transfer flavors .

ZRX1200 wrote:



yes, this... when I first started in the hobby I stored some cigars with gel I refilled with xikar pg and others with distilled water on a sponge... it wasn't experimental, just the set ups I had going at the time...

after about a year I upgraded to beads in everything and stopped buying cheap cigars... as I smoked through the remaining gurkhas I had stored I noticed a distinct difference in taste between the cigars stored with dw and those stored with pg...

I'm no expert and I don't have a significantly advanced palate, but it was enough to turn me off to pg...

also, got some really top end cigars from someone once that I'm fairly certain used pg... they all tasted disappointingly the same... had some of these same high end cigars later and they were totally different... could have come from a number of different storage issues, but again, it's been enough to cement me against pg...

also hated every pipe tobacco I ever tried that had pg...
cacman
12 years ago

What bad experience have you had with polypropylene glycol?

pfk985 wrote:


Some folks smoke it!?!?!
I purposely avoid products with PG in it.
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago

What bad experience have you had with polypropylene glycol?

pfk985 wrote:




None.


I do mix a little Crystal Light into it though...it just tastes better that way.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

Some folks smoke it!?!?!
I purposely avoid products with PG in it.

cacman wrote:



e-cigs... that's what the nicotine is suspended in...
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
I only use humidification stuff that has been tested by dropping it into the eyes of bunnies.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
I use the eyes of bunnies...
Put them in a saucer, in my humi......holds steady for about 3 months..............then I go to the pet store
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

I use the eyes of bunnies...
Put them in a saucer, in my humi......holds steady for about 3 months..............then I go to the pet store

KingoftheCove wrote:



😂
Users browsing this topic