M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
That is perfect, thank you guys, that is perfect, I'm off to the races and thank you very much, I know what to look for and ask for, thanks a bunch fellas and ladies if I missed that.
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
I now this is not the place but did not want to start a new topic just for this; have any of you having trouble with USPS lately, I have a package sitting in atlanta for 14 days now, have another go from Orlando....I'm in Ga, go to St. Paul minn. Now sitting in royston for pickup, few towns over, have another zig zagging all around my state. In the past 15 years I have not experienced this, I have had a ton of stuff shipped and can kinda know what path a package will take from it origin to me, just curious. One package is beads for humidification on a new humidor being seasoned....grrr
Abrignac
11 years ago

I now this is not the place but did not want to start a new topic just for this; have any of you having trouble with USPS lately, I have a package sitting in atlanta for 14 days now, have another go from Orlando....I'm in Ga, go to St. Paul minn. Now sitting in royston for pickup, few towns over, have another zig zagging all around my state. In the past 15 years I have not experienced this, I have had a ton of stuff shipped and can kinda know what path a package will take from it origin to me, just curious. One package is beads for humidification on a new humidor being seasoned....grrr

M1220 wrote:




I'd suggest you use the USPS shipping option. You have to call customer service as its not a choice on the web site. Also select weekly shipping with orders closing on Tuesday. That's what I use. All of my packages arrive 3-4 days later on Friday or Saturday. They do charge a few dollars more since USPS includes on $50 insurance, but when you order 40-60 cigars it only adds about a nickel or so per cigar.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
11 years ago

I'd suggest you use the USPS shipping option. You have to call customer service as its not a choice on the web site. Also select weekly shipping with orders closing on Tuesday. That's what I use. All of my packages arrive 3-4 days later on Friday or Saturday. They do charge a few dollars more since USPS includes on $50 insurance, but when you order 40-60 cigars it only adds about a nickel or so per cigar.

Abrignac wrote:



+1 on this, have this on my account, it's better imo.
delta1
11 years ago
Lots of good suggestions above, and a few "gotchas" too, but take those in stride when you're laying on your back.

My two cents - these are broad generalities, and there are some exceptions, but cigars with Connecticut natural wrappers, Cameroon wrappers and Sumatran wrappers tend to be milder and sweeter. Cigars from Nicaragua tend to be stronger and more peppery. When selecting a cigar to try, do a google search to find the tobaccos used to make it: wrapper ( most important for flavor), filler and binder. Also see if there are some reviews: most will rate the strength and flavor profiles of the cigar. Beware that some reviewers confuse spicy with peppery. Those are different. Spicy is a taste that could be nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, onion, etc and some combination of spices, while pepper is the "burn," like mild white pepper, black pepper, red pepper.

Most BOTL's like to try a variety of cigars, from mild to kick-ass. My guess is that you'll eventually seek out stronger cigars because the mild to medium ones will seem like SOS, and you will hear about some fantastic great strong cigars that you won't be able to resist trying. Enjoy the journey.
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
Ah yes, the spicy pepper description is one of the descriptions givin a lot that I did not agree with so many reviews, I scratched my head and said I have to find a good forum with real day to day folks who smoke cigars,....I found you all!
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
I already had shipping on weekly, my problem is anything shipped totally by usps is misplaced once it arrives in Ga. They are looking into it and have no clue. One is stuck in atlanta since the 2 of January. Anything shipped ups transferred to usps here is getting to me. Usps workers are playing darts to pick my location it seems, two packages are couple towns(different towns) away attempting delivery there. Been at this address for 12 years with tons of packages delivered here, heck I'm on first name basis with my in tire post office.
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
LOL I saw the gotchas and who wrote them , got my eyes on ya, lol I play the game so it's cool. I like to learn so have been reading on types of Tabacco used for cigars and there characteristics, why I read descriptions, with y'all help I'm getting it, thank you even the gotcha guys haha, gotta wake up earlier to get me.
charliebarr
11 years ago
Usps gets to me basically in a day..If shipped ups to usps 2_3 days..My solution to your problem ...Have em shipped to my"crib".I will smoke then post review so then you shall know whether to reorder....for US....again...ok?
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
charliebarr
11 years ago
Just trying to help.....
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
I was reading a post in cigar discussions and laughed so hard woke the wife, you guys are a riot!
charliebarr
11 years ago
Oh your married too...Well if you want you just move to va in my house and I'll move in yours...Then you shall get cigars fast as hell ....Thats called plan 2..we are good at improvising....lol...There are some of these guys are absolutely nuts though I'm one of the sane ones....just keep reading and you shall c...
Charlie Barr
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
Tried a kuba kuba Madura, meh, not impressed, not seeing the hype on acid line for myself, rather flavorless to me and I seem to be more into traditional cigars, naturals were ok though.
delta1
11 years ago
For a decent tasting, wife friendly smelling cigar, try the Java line: Latte is mildest, Maduro and Mint are stronger, but not peppery. They are made by Drew Estates, makers of the Acid lines. Another flavored line by Drew Estates is the Tabak Especial. The Cafe Con Leche, imho, is the best of the bunch. It has a unique appearance with dark and light wrappers: dark tobacco at the foot and head with a light colored body.The cigar tastes stronger when the dark wrapper burns. It is also a very aromatic cigar.
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
I'll try java maduro and tabak then, I seem to be leaning toward more fuller body stuff and I like a little pepper and or spicy to it.
charliebarr
11 years ago
The tabak line I smoke almost daily ,very good cigars with big coffee taste...delta is heads on in his opinion..the java line is similar with a more subtle coffee taste...I think the tabak is the fuller bodied stick..be it the negra...chocolate taste vs the dulce swetter cream in your coffee taste.


For pepper taste. Take your pick...too many to list
I prefer the opus line though either hard to find or a bit pricey
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
Tabak sounds like one try for sure, I am thinking of setting up a winador as a coolidor just doesn't appeal to me, and a large humidor is costly. Is there a specific brand yo look at or just any one will do?
charliebarr
11 years ago
If your asking humidor ?I bought mine used though alot of guys here do great with the coolidors etc.You can buy an ok humi for what 40_50$ that holds 100?
M1220
  • M1220
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
11 years ago
The reason I say winador is I want to put them in my man cave, and it would keep a propert environment in there instead of proper control of whole room.
Users browsing this topic