Speyside
9 years ago
A jury found her not guilty, the news media needs to STFU. I hope the protests don't turn violent, but will not be suprised if/when they do. I can see how she would have feared for her life given what PCP can do.
DrafterX
9 years ago
From what I understand, the prosecution has to prove, without a doubt, that the officer was NOT in fear for her life at the time of the shooting.... very tough to prove somethin like that if you ask me.... 😟
MACS
9 years ago
I'd like to know the jury demographics. I've got to assume if the prosecution was worth a damn, some of the jurors were black.
DrafterX
9 years ago

I'd like to know the jury demographics. I've got to assume if the prosecution was worth a damn, some of the jurors were black.

MACS wrote:




10:40 a.m.: A jury has been chosen, with 14 individuals set to hear the evidence against Officer Betty Shelby starting as early as this afternoon.

The jury panel of 12 includes two black women, and a black man is among the two alternates.



:-k
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

I'd like to know the jury demographics. I've got to assume if the prosecution was worth a damn, some of the jurors were black.

MACS wrote:


At least 4 jurors involved in the deliberation process are black...
DrafterX
9 years ago
The morning after the verdict, Black Lives Matter Oklahoma shared this statement:

Once again, an American court has declared that the condition of being black is a capital offense. Once again, an American court has declared that a black person engaging in everyday behavior is a mortal threat and deserves to be shot down in the street and left to bleed out like a rabid animal. Once again, an American court has declared that ordinary standards of justice and the rule of law do not apply if the subject is an African American. Once again, an American court has declared that a police officer has the power and authority to act with impunity as judge, jury and executioner. To Betty Jo Shelby, we say that a jury may have acquitted you but we recognize that you violated your sworn oath to serve and protect. Rev. T. Sheri Dickerson, Executive Director of the Oklahoma chapter of Black Lives Matter, stated “Just like the Tulsa of 1921, there is no justice to be had for black people in Tulsa in 2017. Our deepest condolences go to the family of Terrence Crutcher and to the thousands of Tulsans who have to come to grips with the fact that the Tulsa Police Department claims the right to end the life of an unarmed, unaggressive citizen based upon the color of his skin. The irony is not lost on us that this verdict comes almost 96 years to the day after white Tulsans who felt threatened by a black man murdered more than 300 African American citizens, injured hundreds of others, raged, rioted and rampaged and ultimately dropped aerial bombs, rendering the formerly thriving Black Wall Street area of Tulsa’s Greenwood community a smoldering ruin. “Governor Fallin and Mayor Bartlett called for the people of Tulsa to be calm in the face of this miscarriage of justice,” Ms. Dickerson said, “but what they really ought to be asking for is justice for Terrence Crutcher and a judicial system that provides equal protection under the law. We will not tolerate having one set of laws for people of color and a different set of laws and standards for the police. Changes must be made.”
Black Lives Matter - OK demands:
Creation of a citizens’ advisory commission that will be charged with the investigation of police policies and procedures, identifying elements of racial and economic bias, and making recommendations to the Tulsa Police Department to ameliorate this bias. These changes will include appropriate policies, officer training and oversight to diminish the likelihood of future incidents in which an officer can shoot an unarmed citizen with impunity and to create systemic justice and limit the influence of personal bias on the part of police officers. · That Officer Betty Shelby immediately be dismissed from the Tulsa Police Department. · That Tulsa PD end the practice of placing police officers who shoot unarmed persons on suspension with full pay and benefits while they await trial.





I'm guessing it's not over.... 😟
95BSharpshooter
9 years ago

[i]The morning after the verdict, Black Lives Matter Oklahoma shared this statement:

Noxious BS cut


I'm guessing it's not over.... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2017/05/19/the-verdict-in-tulsa/ 
:-({|=
DrafterX
9 years ago
interesting... I saw pics of the truck.. sure looked like the window was up to me... 🤔
95BSharpshooter
9 years ago

interesting... I saw pics of the truck.. sure looked like the window was up to me... 🤔

DrafterX wrote:



It wasn't.
DrafterX
9 years ago
I saw pics from the helicopter right after the shooting took place.. or maybe even during the shooting... there were reflections on that window... 🤔


Makes me wonder.. And I'm not defending the dude... he shoulda complied and he definatley shouldn't been out driving around on the PCP... 🤐
Users browsing this topic