DrafterX
9 years ago
I think the Burb is only like 6" longer than the Tahoe.. 🤔
Gene363
9 years ago

a van would be easiest but my wife thinks suvs are cooler
i am of the mindset that ease = less stress = cooler look but she disagrees
nothing is cool about being exhausted, draggin three little ones around, covered in bodily fluids, etc (regardless of the vehicle being driver)

gummy jones wrote:



Yeah, my wife and I wrecked our backs because we hated four door cars and had two children. We now have a Traverse that has the third seat row and like it very much. Four door s and an electric rear door is really nice. Four full sized adults and luggage fit well and still drove well.
madspackler
9 years ago

Yeah, my wife and I wrecked our backs because we hated four door cars and had two children. We now have a Traverse that has the third seat row and like it very much. Four door s and an electric rear door is really nice. Four full sized adults and luggage fit well and still drove well.

Gene363 wrote:


I'm with Gene on this one. Have had two traverse as company vehicles. Second time around got the middle captains chairs with third row bench and factory tow package. Nice vehicle with a nice ride. Decent trunk space with all seats up. You could fold up third row and second row independently as you need the cargo space. All for a lot less than a Tahoe or Yukon xl
thurson
9 years ago
I have a Sorento. It has 3 rows. The best use of the 3rd row is lying flat, it leave plenty of room for golf clubs and luggage when taking a trip.

HTH
Krazeehorse
9 years ago

a van would be easiest but my wife thinks suvs are cooler
i am of the mindset that ease = less stress = cooler look but she disagrees
nothing is cool about being exhausted, draggin three little ones around, covered in bodily fluids, etc (regardless of the vehicle being driver)

gummy jones wrote:



I have a 2004 Odyssey for a daily driver. I used to drive Devilles and Town Cars. Can't get all the grandkids in those. So the mini van got the nod. 23 mpg. The newer ones with cylinder management get in the upper 20's. Ride and comfort are fine, (not luxurious). When I get a newer one it will be an EX-L with video and navigation.
Just Relax
9 years ago

I think the Burb is only like 6" longer than the Tahoe.. 🤔

DrafterX wrote:



Nah it's much more. There is no room with the 3rd row in a Tahoe but a few (2.5 - 3) feet in the burb. I went from a tahoe to a suburban when I had kids. My problem was when I went to buy a vehicle 5 years ago 80k mile burbs were still in the $30s. I bought a brand new Explorer for that. The space in the back was the biggest factor for us and the Explorer was by far the biggest. This may have changed in the last 5 years with other models catching up.

I am now considering upgrading back to a burb because I've got kid #4 due this month. I will have to have the 3rd row up all the time now instead of sitting 3 across now on every trip. I've been pricing and you can get a 80k mile burb in the lower/mid $20s. Might pull the trigger on one soon.
itsawaldo
9 years ago
Wife has Pilot with 150K on it.
Only normal service over the years, we live in Chicago and I think it's great. Nimble, sturdy and has never failed us.
My friend researched many and he bought a new Pilot last month.

Stinkdyr
9 years ago

I would sooooo slide back into another Lincoln Navigator in a heartbeat.

DrMaddVibe wrote:





School Bus Alert!!!!!!


=;


gummy jones
9 years ago

Wife has Pilot with 150K on it.
Only normal service over the years, we live in Chicago and I think it's great. Nimble, sturdy and has never failed us.
My friend researched many and he bought a new Pilot last month.

itsawaldo wrote:



i was ready to sign on the line in the summer for a new pilot except for two things:
1) infotainment system without any buttons/knobs at all that cost $7500 to replace
2) 9 speed auto tranny in touring/elite models that has been recalled in some other cars that have it

otherwise it really is the cream of the crop (assuming you arent towing, etc)
grmcooper
9 years ago
I like the suburban.
Just Relax
9 years ago
Well I pulled the trigger on a used expedition el. Found a 12 with just over 100k miles for 15k and couldn't pass it up. Front bumper cosmetic dings but new brakes and Michelins. Wife is happy now. The ride is very smooth.
Just Relax
9 years ago
Sorry on phone and can't edit. Like the ford over gm because rear seats fold flat rather than have to take out and store. However if the same truck price year miles was a burb it would still be in the driveway.
sdboltsfan86
9 years ago
Acadia has recalls like crazy, my parents had one ... we have a 14 explorer xlt and the wife loves it. Pretty comfortable. Limited cargo space with the third row up though
Users browsing this topic