bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
Saw it last night, good f'in movie!

I don't know how many old farts on here watch Marvel movies, but this is probably the best damn Marvel movie they ever made.

It's good as in a good movie, not just good special effects. To me, it kind of had a Clint Eastwood production vibe to it.
SteveS
9 years ago
I'm just an old fart ... have yet to see a Marvel movie
Mattie B
9 years ago
It is very different than the other x men movies.


Honestly, I was disappointed.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
I liked that it was different and not the same old retread. Don't get me wrong, I like the big booming block busters as much as the next guy, but I thought that all components of the movie were on point, not just the 'splosions.
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago
Deadpool...drops the mic....:-"
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
Never read the comics. Seen a few of the x-men movies, not sure which ones though. Though most of them were lame.

Logan came across as a real movie. Yes, it's based on comic book characters, but it wasn't handed like a comic book (imo).

Deadpool was hilarious. But comparing the two was like apples and oranges.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
Never read the comics. Seen a few of the x-men movies, not sure which ones though. Though most of them were lame.

Logan came across as a real movie. Yes, it's based on comic book characters, but it wasn't handed like a comic book (imo).

Deadpool was hilarious. But comparing the two was like apples and oranges.
frankj1
9 years ago
seriously tgerbs? do you really need to pad your post count?
or have you developed a stutter?
jjanecka
9 years ago
I grew up on X-Men the animated series on Fox Saturday mornings and to this day none of the X-men movies come near close as far as the plot development and seemingly real life issues that the Animated series introduced. I still go back and watch it from time to time just as a moral and ethical refresher because so much of it is relatable still today in the current world climate.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

Never read the comics. Seen a few of the x-men movies, not sure which ones though. Though most of them were lame.

Logan came across as a real movie. Yes, it's based on comic book characters, but it wasn't handed like a comic book (imo).

Deadpool was hilarious. But comparing the two was like apples and oranges.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



^this

Except for I like most the Marvel movies 😃
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago

Deadpool was hilarious. But comparing the two was like apples and oranges.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:




I was replying to this...

I don't know how many old farts on here watch Marvel movies, but this is probably the best damn Marvel movie they ever made.

bgz wrote:




To which I still say, "Deadpool" is THE best Marvel comic made into a movie film. I give "Guardians of the Galaxy" a close 2nd.

If I'm being perfectly honest, which I am...brutally...I don't care for "X-Men" at all...don't like the collaborative superhero movies. Like them on their own though. Same goes for "The Avengers" too...gasp.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
Ya, I liked Deadpool, good action movie, good comedy, story was ok...

Logan was a good movie.
dstieger
9 years ago

I'm just an old fart ... have yet to see a Marvel movie

SteveS wrote:


+1

What's a Marvel?

Like comic books?
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

+1

What's a Marvel?

Like comic books?

dstieger wrote:



lol, ya. Super hero movies based on Marvel comics.

You've probably seen a few, and just don't know "Marvel".

X-Men, Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, etc...

Some info for you in case you're not just screwing with me.
dstieger
9 years ago
ya...screwing w/ya....but, only sorta...I know there's a Marvel camp...and a DC camp...and that's about the extent of it.....I'm the guy who made fun of the guys that know the difference....doesn't help that I have zero interest in comic or super hero movies -- I saw Superman with Reeve, Batman with Jack Nicholson and Beetlejuice (and again with the whack Joker that died around same time), Spiderman around turn of the century.....and Ironman...maybe a couple others I don't recall....tbh, I can't stand comics and have little patience for the movies made from them.

An exception (almost, since I got yelled at for calling it a 'comic') was Sin City, which I liked despite the fact that all the male lead roles were the same
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
So you're not a nerd, got it. You want to come help me forge out my engine with a 426 stroker kit?

lol, j/k.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

ya...screwing w/ya....but, only sorta...I know there's a Marvel camp...and a DC camp...and that's about the extent of it.....I'm the guy who made fun of the guys that know the difference....doesn't help that I have zero interest in comic or super hero movies -- I saw Superman with Reeve, Batman with Jack Nicholson and Beetlejuice (and again with the whack Joker that died around same time), Spiderman around turn of the century.....and Ironman...maybe a couple others I don't recall....tbh, I can't stand comics and have little patience for the movies made from them.

An exception (almost, since I got yelled at for calling it a 'comic') was Sin City, which I liked despite the fact that all the male lead roles were the same

dstieger wrote:



Dave, I'm one of those people who doesn't care if a movie was or wasn't a comic book first. And as such, DC / Marvel doesn't really matter to me that much. What surprised me was when I found out how many modern movies were being based on comic books. Sure, we all know the big ones, but what surprised me was finding out things like Road to Predition, RED, Oblivion, Men in Black, The Crow, From Hell, etc. were comic books.

Good or bad movies can come from any source material.
jjanecka
9 years ago
That's very true, I've seen a lot of beautiful women just having plain ugly sex.
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago
Watched this last night.

So, are they making a new X-Men franchise from the little kids?
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
Why wait that long? It's not like anyone really stays dead in comic books.
Users browsing this topic