danmdevries
9 years ago
I need to find a more comfortable pair of shoes.

Seems I can find reasonably comfortable but sweaty shoes, or uncomfortable but well ventilated.

Bought a pair of New Balance grampa shoes but they're too damn sweaty.

On my feet most of my shifts, do about 12-15k steps a night.

What say you FOGs?
dharbolt
9 years ago
I wear new Balance all terrain shoes. Do similar amount of walking most days. I love them for work, they make it about 8 months before needing replaced.

They are pretty well ventilated, better than the regular shoes, the whole upper is mesh with leather reinforcement. Ymmv and all that though.
99cobra2881
9 years ago
I don't know if dansko makes men's shoes. I don't buy my wife the clogs just their tennis shoes. She loves them.

For well vented look at the addidas cloud foam running shoes. They're a mesh type and keep my feet very cool.
chazbo
9 years ago
Dan, check out Olukai. Very comfortable and breathe well. Cost is around $85 but have a year warranty. I have two pair,
Love them😎
namadio
9 years ago
I'm hooked on Merrells. I wear them pretty much everyday for all situations except for running. Always wear them for my test events that have similar # of steps and standing all day.

The waterproof ones will make you sweat so get the ventilated ones! They hold up pretty well too. I've got a few pairs now and my oldest from Apr 2015 is still in the rotation.
MACS
9 years ago
I feel your pain, Dan... literally. I had plantar fasciitis in my left foot. A few cortisone shots and it resolved itself. Now I have it in my right foot... one cortisone shot, which has wore off, and we're back to "Ow, f*** that hurts".

I just got myself a pair of Kuru shoes. They have plenty of cushion and support. For work my shoes have to be all black, and leather.

http://www.kurufootwear.com/mens-shoes/kinetic-mens.html?color=Smokestack-Black 
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
I'd go with Red Wing or Keen.

I spend 90% of my work day on my feet. I also have a long list of safety and environmental requirements that my footwear has to comply with. These are about the only ones I've found so far that meet the specs, are comfortable and last. Spendy, but well worth it. While my requirements necessitate boots, my experiences with footwear from these two companies would definitely have me giving their shoes a try if that was what I needed.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

Dan, check out Olukai. Very comfortable and breathe well. Cost is around $85 but have a year warranty. I have two pair,
Love them😎

chazbo wrote:



I have been wanting a pair of Olukai shoes for a while now...can't find a place that sells them though...I want to try them on before I purchase.
jjanecka
9 years ago
What kind of work?
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
Wait for the SUNDAY PAPER.

PULL OUT "The Parade Sunday Magazine".
Insert.....

Go to the back.... of afore mentioned publication...

BUY A PAIR OF "WHITE" RETIRED IN FLORIDA
V.E.L.C.R.O. FLAPPED GRANDPA HIGHBRED
SNEAKER-shoes.....

Then to achieve "THE FULL CLEVELAND" look
Buy WHITE POLYESTER PANTS , WHITE TUBE SOX,
WHITE PLASTIC NAUGAHIDE BELT, AND A WHITE
ARNIE PALMER POLO SHORT....THE WHITE
FIDORA IS AN OPTIONAL PURCHASE.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Sketchers with memory foam.
tonygraz
9 years ago
Hospital gals swear by Dansco. My wife bought a pair once for work - they had to revive me after they rang them up. She still has them a decade or so later. Not sure if there is a male equivalent.
DrafterX
9 years ago
Momma used to say you can tell alot about a person by the kind of shoes they wear... 😟
SteveS
9 years ago
Dunham Exeter ...
tailgater
9 years ago
Gene363
9 years ago
This FOG wears flip flops, I hate shoes. I get them from Cabela's and they have arch support. I also have some Crocs that have leather tops and plenty of side vents. They look like heck, but were recommended by my foot doc.

When working I wore Rockport Perth Loafers, usually two or three pairs that I rotated. I still had one new pair in the top of the closet when I retired.

My wife is a retired RN, she could not wear clogs so she preferred shoes from the San Antonio Shoes SAS with aftermarket inserts. They also make shoes for men, but they didn't fit my wide paddle feet as well as the Rockports.

As shoes wear replace/resole them to avoid back and joint troubles.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

Crocs.

tailgater wrote:



If they made a shoe that wasn't so hideous, they would probably be the best selling shoe company in the world (ten times over). I have heard they are super comfy and good for your feet/body but I would rather my arches break than wear those ugly things. Wouldn't be caught dead wearing them.
elRopo
9 years ago
Crocs rocks! I wouldn't try running with them but they are super comfy and weigh almost nothing.
DrafterX
9 years ago
Victor has a couple friends that got beat up for wearing crocs in Georgetown... 😟
elRopo
9 years ago
Users browsing this topic