qmech
9 years ago
Miami filled needed positions where most pundits rate their choices in the first three rounds from A- to B- ...of course only time will tell.
Q
SteveS
9 years ago
So far, I thought the 9ers have had their best draft in years ... getting that trade done with da Bears was epic ... a number of teams made some surprisingly risky picks, some of which are gonna blow up in their faces ... the Patriots, given their position in the draft, did remarkably well to the point that down the road, there'll be those who wonder how they do it ... crystal ball ??
shaun341
9 years ago
Cleveland is still the big winner so far in this draft imo. I think they have got everyone or position they have wanted/needed with good value at each pick they have chosen. I may be biased because I root for ND but Kizer under Hugh Jackson I think will work pretty good considering what he did with Dalton and I think Kizer has more talent then him.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Yeah, the Browns are killing it in this draft. Hopefully it all pans out for them.
MACS
9 years ago

Yeah, the Browns are killing it in this draft. Hopefully it all pans out for them.

Hank_The_Tank wrote:



Conjecture. Analyzing and grading this early is futile. In a year or two, we can see who did well, and who bombed.

Right now we just see if teams are addressing needs, and with so many needs... the Browns and Niners are killin' it!

shaun341
9 years ago

Conjecture. Analyzing and grading this early is futile. In a year or two, we can see who did well, and who bombed.

Right now we just see if teams are addressing needs, and with so many needs... the Browns and Niners are killin' it!

MACS wrote:



That's not true because you can only draft on what you know now and hope your projections for the future are accurate. So in the here and now the Browns are addressing many needs and getting good value at each pick they have made. Who knows what the future holds, maybe they all bust or maybe they all become HOFers but they are giving themselves the best chance at the latter rather then bust, which in turn says they are having a very good draft. I mean Brady was a 6th round pick and became the GOAT, when drafted I bet the Pats said we are getting the best value taking Brady with this pick.
MACS
9 years ago
But how do you know the value until it plays out? You're making a best guess. Many pundits believed Ryan Leaf was the best value at #2. Nope.

Only time will tell.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
When Brady was drafted, he told Kraft that he just made the best decision in his life.
shaun341
9 years ago
That is true but still nobody knows what the future holds for these players no matter how much digging and research they do on them. So, their value is current even though they may or may not be bust or HOFers. Time changes the value but for now with current values the Browns are having a very good draft.

Everything will be subject to change with time but it all still holds value in the present.
jespear
9 years ago

So so pick, ok value at that slot. But they have obvious holes that need to be filled today like 2 CBS, holes that need to be looked at long term like WR and they get yet another d-lineman to play part time in a rotation. 🤦

JGKAMIN wrote:



All valid points . . . Welcome to the world of a Eagles' fan. It ain't easy bleedin' green.


With that being said, I still like this kid.
I didn't expect him to be there at 14 AND was surprised that the Eagles went with him rather than all the other n\"needs" on the team.
Howie Roseman, Eagles EXEC extraordinaire, has said all along that they would go for the "highest rated player" regardless of "need", and when #14 came around, Derek Barnett was at the top of their list.
Welcome to my world.

Go Birds !
MACS
9 years ago

That is true but still nobody knows what the future holds for these players no matter how much digging and research they do on them. So, their value is current even though they may or may not be bust or HOFers. Time changes the value but for now with current values the Browns are having a very good draft.

Everything will be subject to change with time but it all still holds value in the present.

shaun341 wrote:



Gotcha. I went fishing this afternoon, so I didn't see what happened on day 3.
SteveS
9 years ago

I didn't see what happened on day 3.

MACS wrote:



Fishin' sounds good ... better than watchin' what happened on day 3
shaun341
9 years ago
I have to admit I didn't watch but a few minutes of today's coverage. Hard to get excited about these last 4 rounds. Fishing was a much better option, catch anything?
MACS
9 years ago
Small stuff that I threw back. Did a half day charter. The boat anchored in about 240 feet... around a drop off. Only about 4 people on the left side of the bow were catching anything... but they were big vermilion rockfish... and the **** running the show didn't reposition so the rest of us could get in on it.

I was a little miffed.
dkeage
9 years ago

Small stuff that I threw back. Did a half day charter. The boat anchored in about 240 feet... around a drop off. Only about 4 people on the left side of the bow were catching anything... but they were big vermilion rockfish... and the **** running the show didn't reposition so the rest of us could get in on it.

I was a little miffed.

MACS wrote:




Wait....didn't you buy a boat? 🤔
MACS
9 years ago

Wait....didn't you buy a boat? 🤔

dkeage wrote:



Yeah. The morning was a bit rough for the small boats. Calmed down in the afternoon, but it would have been nuts to launch my boat in the morning. My buddy Rob and I were going to play hooky on Thursday and go, but even the charters canceled.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

Small stuff that I threw back. Did a half day charter. The boat anchored in about 240 feet... around a drop off. Only about 4 people on the left side of the bow were catching anything... but they were big vermilion rockfish... and the **** running the show didn't reposition so the rest of us could get in on it.

I was a little miffed.

MACS wrote:



is that common practice down there, anchoring instead of drifting?
MACS
9 years ago

is that common practice down there, anchoring instead of drifting?

opelmanta1900 wrote:



Depends. For local rockfish they do both.
Users browsing this topic