bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Oh, now that you explain your logic behind the joke, it's not as funny as when I was blissfully unaware off jjans grand poobah joke being in the mix.
frankj1
9 years ago

I don't think it's possible to be 100% white. I've seen the results from several people who've had their DNA tested, you'd be surprised at the results. I mean, what specific nationalities can be designated as white? There's plenty of Caucasians from warmer climates who are quite dark for being "white".

Further, I would think everyone would have a certain percentage of African lineage even if it's a very small percentage just due to the leading theories of where the first humans were born.

I think the KKK should install protocol for making all it's members take a DNA test to prove they are 100% (99.999 minimum) white to be members to ensure purity continues on... problem solved.

bgz wrote:


c-bidders are allowed to pass for pure white at 98.2%...perk of membership.
teedubbya
9 years ago

There is just as much hate in an antifa heart as there is a white nationalist heart. They are both rotten but one is a media darling and campus sweetheart.

I have no time for either.

gummy jones wrote:



But you will make sure to invoke them when the spotlight is on the other rather than simply denouncing either directly and singularly when they are the topic at hand. Sort of the ying to balance the yang.

Actually forget that. Had antifa done their crap this weekend I'd bet anything you would denounce them without feeling the need to mention white nationalists.

Antifa had nothing to do with anything here. They are just a counterbalance.
victor809
9 years ago

There is just as much hate in an antifa heart as there is a white nationalist heart. They are both rotten but one is a media darling and campus sweetheart.

I have no time for either.

gummy jones wrote:



I call bullsh$t.
Who cares how much hate is in one group's heart? Seriously. Your statement is ridiculous.

Who cares if you think the antifa's hate the neo-nazis as much as the neo-nazis hate people who aren't white... one of these groups is neo-nazis.

It's bullsh#t equivalencies that got us in this mess.

It's like saying... man that hitler sucks... but I really think jews are harboring a lot of hate in their heart.

(programming note. I've been using the hitler/jew/nazi thing a lot in this thread. I'd like to say thank you to hitler for providing a benchmark to which all other horrible actions in the world can be compared/contrasted and with which one can harshly judge the equivocation of weak minded people.)
victor809
9 years ago
dammit.... tw beat me to it
ZRX1200
9 years ago
Did you see the video of the car attack teedubya?

Why is it that more than half getting ran over had clubs/bats in their hands?

I already gave you proof but you just want to argue Vic. I get it, and I see right through it.

gummy jones
9 years ago
So antifa (hate and intimidate everyone who doesn't think like us) is some how more good or less bad than the white supremacists (hate and intimidate everyone who doesn't look like us)? Their motives are both hateful.

I say they are all awful and you disagree?

The whole event was a cluster. One group of evil morons got a permit to march and another group of closed minded radicals bused in folks to counter. All the while the media fans the flames and social media assures the loudest and dumbest amongst us gain notoriety.

And some unhinged scum bag wrecks his car into everyone while multiple people suggest the best thing would be for the president to get assassinated.

Some how you decide to polish a TURD on one side of the aisle and start an argument? You can have all the turds. I want none of them.

Your response is nonsensical opinion touted as some super intellectual fact from a base of moral superiority. I was more honest in my equally opinionated post in that I at least insinuated that it was my belief.

Must be hard for you to always be the smartest guy in the room. Luckily I never have to worry about that.
victor809
9 years ago
Z - You gave a quote from Lincoln. Yet Lincoln didn't declare secession. Lincoln's motivation really isbt that relevant regarding the civil war... you know... because the states seceded. I gave you 5 or 6 examples of why they did that
victor809
9 years ago
gummy... you're angry because the antifa hate and intimidate people who don't think like them. But the people who they are intended to be ideologically opposed to (I'm sure some have broadened their scope beyond the initial idea, but if we're going to generalize we have to keep our scope at the general) is nazis.

That's like saying anti-child molesters are bad because they hate and intimidate people who don't think like them (ie, child molesters).

I am sure this is much more complicated than we're boiling it down to here (what with millenials being thrown in, and they aren't too bright... and you have the general anarchists who really don't care but want to trash stuff)... but I think if you're ever faced with two groups... neo nazis and people opposing neo nazis....and you're trying to equivocate that both sides are somehow culpable...

hell... if the neo nazis didn't have a rally, we wouldn't have antifa showing up.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Blame Trump. This is another of his failed promises. He boldly announced during his inauguration that the "carnage ends now!" As if...

Conservatives who tend to defend white nationalists have been outspoken about acts of violence during Resistance protests, mostly aimed at Trump supporters trying to obstruct a protest. Where is the outrage now? Neither side is immune to hateful and violent people on the margins, yet libs are painted as the anti-free speech, violent and destructive unhinged part of the American population among conservative circles.

But this event is an example of American greatness. We are able to let the most hateful among us gather and speak and try to defend them. We are able to let those who oppose their message gather and speak to denounce them. Our democracy and way of life was never threatened. We are still a land of laws and civility. At some point we can let every voice be heard without any person getting killed. But we are not too different from most other parts of the world. Racism and tribalism is alive and well.

delta1 wrote:



The Libs are all about free speech, unless they disagree with it. Then, it is branded hate speech.
8trackdisco
9 years ago



and sorry Mattie...I don't believe the KKK is dead. I know for a fact that there are chapters right here in Missouri. .

JadeRose wrote:



They only exist in third world countries.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

The civil war was about slavery. I'm also tired of people trying to rebrand it as something else. Sure there were other disagreements between the state's but if it was important enough that they felt the need to identify it front and center in the individual states declarations of war then it was abou t slavery. That's the excuse they were using for going to war. That's the idea they were rallying their troops and population around... don't try to sugar coat it and try to make it about something else.

It's f÷cking amazing that the same people who claim the other side is trying to rewrite history are trying to obfuscate history.

victor809 wrote:



Read Shelby Foote's The Civil War. You can find several examples of you being wrong on the It Was About Slavery angle.
delta1
9 years ago

The Libs are all about free speech, unless they disagree with it. Then, it is branded hate speech.

8trackdisco wrote:



As do most thoughtful and intelligent conservatives call the crap the White supremacists, nationalists, KKK, neo-Nazis spew "hateful"...

What's your reaction when either Elizabeth Warren or Nancy Pelosi opens her mouth...doncha feel like she's talking hate...c'mon, man, you can say it...
victor809
9 years ago

Read Shelby Foote's The Civil War. You can find several examples of you being wrong on the It Was About Slavery angle.

8trackdisco wrote:



Are you sure about that? I'm not going to read a 3 volume "2,968-page, 1.2 million-word" book on the civil war written by a novelist, not a historian. So I'll just take your word on it that there's several examples proving me wrong.

....
....
oh...
no... no I'm not.

tell me the example and then I can decide if I'm wrong. there.... yeah that's right.

Oh.
As a freebie here's a selection from the Constitution of the Confederate states (ie what they were replacing the US Constitution with):
"4. No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed."

"1. The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states, and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any state of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property: and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired."

"3. No slave or other person held to service or labor in any state or territory of the Confederate States, under the laws thereof, escaping or lawfully carried into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor: but shall be delivered up on claim of the party to whom such slave belongs, or to whom such service or labor may be due."

"3. The Confederate States may acquire new territory; and Congress shall have power to legislate and provide governments for the inhabitants of all territory belonging to the Confederate States, lying without the limits of the several states; and may permit them, at such times, and in such manner as it may by law provide, to form states to be admitted into the Confederacy. In all such territory, the institution of negro slavery as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected by Congress, and by the territorial government: and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories, shall have the right to take to such territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the states or territories of the Confederate states."


But they didn't care about it at all...
I mean... they just wanted to make sure it was mentioned three times in their constitution that it will never be denied to the... and had to throw in that any territory they conquered would become a slave territory.


But it wasn't in any way shape or form an important thing to that side.

Can you f'ing imagine... if they had won? They would have made new york a slave state.

How this doesn't bother you amazes me.
teedubbya
9 years ago
To be honest z I haven't seen it beleive it or not. I didn't watch much news this weekend or today.

So if that other group did something deserving I take it back. Honestly I don't know. I'm just weirded out by the rush to at best normalize or equate white supremacy with other groups at worst justify them.

There are some in here that come uncomfortablely close to that and only some form of relative PC keeps them from full support (which they secretly do deep down in in places they don't like to talk about at parties)

And I'll say it again (not to Z). Th civil war was not about freeing the slaves but it was most certainly about slavery woven in to a multitude of issues.

I read a lot about the civil war. Couldn't get through foote's book though. No reason, just timing and business. Maybe I'll pick it back up.
teedubbya
9 years ago
Ya know it's really not hard to figure out who's who and what's what here. The intellectual gyrations are interesting.
8trackdisco
9 years ago



What's your reaction when either Elizabeth Warren or Nancy Pelosi opens her mouth...doncha feel like she's talking hate...c'mon, man, you can say it...

delta1 wrote:



I don't. People like Pelosi, McConnell, Schumer, and the rest are why there are mute buttons on remote controls.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Are you sure about that? I'm not going to read a 3 volume "2,968-page, 1.2 million-word" book on the civil war written by a novelist, not a historian. So I'll just take your word on it that there's several examples proving me wrong.

....
....
oh...
no... no I'm not.

tell me the example and then I can decide if I'm wrong. there.... yeah that's right.

Oh.
As a freebie here's a selection from the Constitution of the Confederate states (ie what they were replacing the US Constitution with):
"4. No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed."

"1. The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states, and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any state of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property: and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired."

"3. No slave or other person held to service or labor in any state or territory of the Confederate States, under the laws thereof, escaping or lawfully carried into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor: but shall be delivered up on claim of the party to whom such slave belongs, or to whom such service or labor may be due."

"3. The Confederate States may acquire new territory; and Congress shall have power to legislate and provide governments for the inhabitants of all territory belonging to the Confederate States, lying without the limits of the several states; and may permit them, at such times, and in such manner as it may by law provide, to form states to be admitted into the Confederacy. In all such territory, the institution of negro slavery as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected by Congress, and by the territorial government: and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories, shall have the right to take to such territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the states or territories of the Confederate states."


But they didn't care about it at all...
I mean... they just wanted to make sure it was mentioned three times in their constitution that it will never be denied to the... and had to throw in that any territory they conquered would become a slave territory.


But it wasn't in any way shape or form an important thing to that side.

Can you f'ing imagine... if they had won? They would have made new york a slave state.

How this doesn't bother you amazes me.

victor809 wrote:



One thing I've learned in the eleven years I've known you, is facts will never changer your ideology.
jjanecka
9 years ago
So then let's get this straight. Both sides were commies, right?
victor809
9 years ago

One thing I've learned in the eleven years I've known you, is facts will never changer your ideology.

8trackdisco wrote:



Well they certainly aren't if you don't bother providing them.

I mean... I've provided a reasonably substantial bit of evidence. None of it hard to come by. But if this novel you reference quote's the confederate conventioneers private diary or something where he says "I hate slavery, but I have to use it as an excuse to secede so we can fight the evil alien invasion from mars in the open. I regret having to do this but the fate of the planet requires it" by all means, give me a page number and I'll look it up.

Users browsing this topic