RobertHively
9 years ago

Durham, North Carolina:

http://www.wral.com/protesters-topple-confederate-statue-during-durham-rally/16880592/ 

If this has already been mentioned, sorry. I stopped on page 3 of this thread and haven't caught up yet.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I honestly thing some in here share a kernel or more of sympathy for the white supremacists

I dont
DrafterX
9 years ago
are we on the side of those who took the statues down without permission..?? do they get to walk..?? who gets to scrap the bronze..?? 😕
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
who gives a sh*t... they toppled a statue of loser that should've never been built.... if someone builds a monument commemorating the superbowl performance of the 2017 atlanta falcons, pretty sure anyone can legally tear it down... no statues to losers allowed...
DrafterX
9 years ago
😳 not nice..... shouldn't a court decide that..??
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
why would we need a court decide whether it's a good idea to protect a statue dedicated to a loser? that's not even an opinion... it's a fact... the sky is blue, grass is green, it's 76 degrees outside and every single confederate soldier lost the treasonous cause for which they were fighting, thus they are treasonous losers... and building a statue to a loser is f*cking stupid... building a statue to a treasonous loser in the land in which said loser commited treason and then lost is worse...
teedubbya
9 years ago
Hey drafter.... yes. I assume that will happen. It's nice that's the side you tend to focus your concern on however. Among others in here.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I disagree Opel. Vandalism is vandalism and law is law.

It's interesting the focus on that law vs something like murder however.
teedubbya
9 years ago
Hey mac I have a few more from around here against Muslims and brown people. Is that the game?
teedubbya
9 years ago
teedubbya
9 years ago
I honestly think some have a kernel of kinship with the white supremacists groups no matter how small that won't allow them to focus on what they are what they do and what they spew without all the yea buts....

DrafterX
9 years ago

Hey drafter.... yes. I assume that will happen. It's nice that's the side you tend to focus your concern on however. Among others in here.

teedubbya wrote:




fine... i'm not gonna pay for my lunch today... 🤐
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

I disagree Opel. Vandalism is vandalism and law is law.

It's interesting the focus on that law vs something like murder however.

teedubbya wrote:


I actually disagree too... I support the removal of the statues in a lawful way...
teedubbya
9 years ago
I've been worried about the mainstreaming of some of their messages for over decade. What they used to have to hide they no longer do and some of their messaging is all around us.

It definitely got worse under obama and blame can be shared.

Times have changed. At least it's in the open I guess.
teedubbya
9 years ago
Drafter I said it should be prosecuted. I was just pointing out that seems a bigger deal to you than other crimes for some reason.
DrafterX
9 years ago

I honestly think some have a kernel of kinship with the white supremacists groups no matter how small that won't allow them to focus on what they are what they do and what they spew without all the yea buts....

teedubbya wrote:




that may have something to do with the 'If you voted for Trump you're a White Supremacist' thing.. it's become if we don't agree that taking the law into our own hands is the only solution then you're a WS... nobody like the Nazis.. but I don't like the vandals either.. there was a better way... 😟
DrafterX
9 years ago

Drafter I said it should be prosecuted. I was just pointing out that seems a bigger deal to you than other crimes for some reason.

teedubbya wrote:




the Nazis demonstrated.. that's wasn't a crime... it was a damn shame but not a crime... not if there is something specific they have done recently then let's condemn it together... but holding these guys responsible for something their father or grandfather did isn't right either...


damn I sound like I'm defending them again.. 🤦
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

that may have something to do with the 'If you voted for Trump you're a White Supremacist' thing.. it's become if we don't agree that taking the law into our own hands is the only solution then you're a WS... nobody like the Nazis.. but I don't like the vandals either.. there was a better way... 😟

DrafterX wrote:


a better way to kill millions of jews or a better way to remove a statue?


seems kinda stupid I would have to ask which one you mean, but then you are the one talking about them like they're the same level of atrocious...
Burner02
9 years ago

So by burners logic TW is the same as the kkk...

victor809 wrote:





Off target again Vic.
Users browsing this topic