DrafterX
9 years ago
but as far as reenactments go, I've been to alot.. my son has been a reenactor since he was 16 I think... he went to Gettysburg a couple years ago and pretty much everywhere in between here and there... it's history.. he loves it.. sometimes anyways.. he's a Union Soldier btw.. 10th Kansas is his unit I think.. they wear green shirts for some reason.. 🤔
dstieger
9 years ago

...How would many Americans feel if any Japanese Hawaiians don the Rising Son and military regalia of the Emperor and in a celebratory fashion, re-enact the attack at Pearl Harbor...

delta1 wrote:



taking this back off the tracks for a sec...but ^ will never happen....but your question brought to mind a contrast that was seared into my brain decades ago....

When I was first at the Arizona memorial, I was rather surprised by the numbers of Japanese there. Felt a little weird, but at least every single one of them was quiet, pensive, head bowed, respectful.

Later that same year, I was in the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum and I was appalled enough at the loud, laughing, gloating even, by some young Americans that I pulled them aside and chewed them out....I'm still disgusted when I recall it
delta1
9 years ago
Prolly can't find the right color of dye...maybe cheaper? Or maybe the Kansan units wore green?
DrafterX
9 years ago
I think they were Irish or somethin... 😟
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
DrafterX
9 years ago
did ya step in somethin..?? 😕
gummy jones
9 years ago
So we are all hugging it out now?
Lame.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Pick a position puffy jones, I'll battle with you
dstieger
9 years ago

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/14/donald-trump-charlottesville-jesse-watters-blasts-left-hypocrisy-aclu-police

Interesting take.

MACS wrote:




It was interesting in February....but hearing Jesse say "the left media unfarily hates Trump" every single day stops getting interesting pretty quick
teedubbya
9 years ago
Trump is a pos.
DrafterX
9 years ago

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi is asking the National Park Service to reconsider a permit for what she called a “white supremacist rally” set for late August in San Francisco, in the wake of last weekend’s clashes in Charlottesville, Va.

“The NPS should reevaluate its decision and its capacity to protect the public during such a toxic rally,” Pelosi said in a statement.

A report in the San Francisco Examiner said the rally by the pro-Trump group Patriot Prayer is slated for Aug. 26 at San Francisco’s Crissy Field. The leader of that group has held other rallies and recently spoken out against white supremacy views, though critics like Pelosi have linked the group to white nationalists.

Pelosi, well before Tuesday’s statement, has been harshly critical of the Trump administration’s response to Charlottesville, where a protester demonstrating against a white supremacist rally was killed in a car attack. President Trump took heat for initially faulting violence on “many sides” though he specifically condemned white supremacists and neo-Nazis on Monday.

Pelosi, in her statement, questioned whether the permit decision for the rally in San Francisco was made with input from the White House – without offering any proof to back up the suggestion.

Fox News has reached out to the NPS for comment.

The Golden Gate National Recreation Area, which oversees the parkland, reportedly said Patriot Prayer has obtained permits.

The San Francisco Examiner report said counter-protests are being organized, as officials voiced concerns U.S. Park Police might not have enough staff to handle clashes at Crissy Field.

“San Francisco takes great pride in being a city of peace which cherishes free speech and the right to public dissent,” Pelosi said. “However, the National Park Service’s decision to permit a white supremacist rally at Crissy Field raises grave and ongoing concerns about public safety.”


Film at 11.... 😟



gotta make sure everything is Trumps fault.... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
Trump needs no help with that
DrafterX
9 years ago
Do you believe Trump told the Park Service to give them a permit..?? How the hell did she even think that up..?? 😕
teedubbya
9 years ago
I don't care about that story. I just watched trumps press conference and am simply going by his words.

He is a pos.
DrafterX
9 years ago
What'd he say..?? 😕
teedubbya
9 years ago
At least he made it clear he didn't mean his prepared statement.
dstieger
9 years ago
I was about to google 'Patriot Prayer' to see about their supremacist pedigree, but based on the other article about the feds getting ip's and all...I thought better of it
teedubbya
9 years ago
Not much different than some in here to be honest. I get why he's liked so well in here.
DrafterX
9 years ago
He's not Hillary... 😟
Users browsing this topic