dstieger
9 years ago

Very true. Like Trump said, who's next? Washington or Jefferson?

Burner02 wrote:



Martha McCallum should have been given credit for that one. It's exactly what she asked Newt on Fox News just hours earlier....on Monday evening. ...kinda funny to watch the president recite others' commentary word for word
DrafterX
9 years ago
I think someone said here before that... 😟
victor809
9 years ago
I thinker can see where drafter stands
DrafterX
9 years ago
I think you want them all thrown in one bucket so you can justify the violence the anti-statue people threw down... that's the only defense you got... otherwise violence to remove a statue looks pretty damn silly doesn't it.. 😟
victor809
9 years ago
Yes drafter. My only problem with Nazis is that they were defending a statue. /sarcasm

You really are a sick person ..
dstieger
9 years ago
I am sorry that the statues get so much of the story. I get that there's some symbolism attached...and it means different things to different people. But, I am certain that for all but a very few, the statues are simply being used as proxies for some other argument, or cause. They're just statues for crying out loud. They don't have any power. Except as projected and INTERPRETED by observers of them. Not unlike the confederate flag, IMO. I don't think the sensitivity and negative reactions would be nearly what they are....IF, thoughtless, (and racist) numbskulls didn't use them...hijack them and suggest that they validate their warped views...the hijacking...and the intense negative reactions work toxically together to give the statues power that they do not (and should not) inherently have, IMO

But, the statues shouldn't be the point of any discussions that get us closer to common ground...or understanding, at least
DrafterX
9 years ago

Yes drafter. My only problem with Nazis is that they were defending a statue. /sarcasm

You really are a sick person ..

victor809 wrote:





you are just trying to tear apart Trumps statements.. creating a scenario where all the statue supporters are nazis is the only way it works... your hate for Trump is blinding you.... damn shame really.. 😟
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Ya but Obama...
DrafterX
9 years ago
and again we same name calling in order to try to make a point... it would be nice to have a rational conversation every now and then.. 🀐
Buckwheat
9 years ago
I can certainly see both sides of this debate/argument have some merit but I don't want fringe groups using this as a platform for or justification to instigate violence &/or hate. I think the statue that was torn down in an act of vandalism was uncalled for by any reasonable standard.


β€œThose who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”

― Edmund Burke 🌫
DrafterX
9 years ago

Ya but Obama started this mess...

opelmanta1900 wrote:




true.. true.. 😟
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

and again we same name calling in order to try to make a point... it would be nice to have a rational conversation every now and then.. 🀐

DrafterX wrote:


Pervert...
teedubbya
9 years ago
iDGAF about the statues and wish they were not coming down.

In this instance the decision had been made and the heavily armed nazis came in for their peaceful, and lawful protest. Others showed up to protest them. I don't know who through the first punch. I really don't think anyone does. It is all predictable though. Put those folks in hoods and it's a replay. They want a fight and the other side complied... im not even saying the other side was right but it was predictable and the nazis/kkk knew it.. its in their play book.

Assume there are nice people that came just to support the statues. you are one of them. You show up and are surrounded by nazis and kkk spewing what they spew. Torches, body armor... the whole 9 yards. Would you still hang out in support of the statues or would you either leave or push back against the folks next to you who you are now affiliating yourself with? I do not beleive anyone in here would just hang there. You are better than that. If you would.... stay away from me.

If it is really about the statues with you the filth stole your cause.

As I said... keep the statues up. IDGAF. It would suck to be a black kid going to Robert E Lee High School though LOL
victor809
9 years ago
Drafter. I don't care what Trump says. I draw a very clear line. If you are standing next to Nazis chanting the shΓ—t they were chanting (at a confederate stage of all things... what does that have to do with judaeism?) And you don't walk away immediately, you are a nazi.

There is no situation in the world in which I can imagine myself standing in a crowd surrounded by Nazis chanting antisemitic chants and not immediately decide I'm in the wrong place and standing on the wrong side of the discussion... or at minimum that I want to have that discussion at a later time somewhere else not surrounded by Nazis chanting antisemitic shΓ—t. I firmly believe that anyone that cannot come to that conclusion on their own is also a Nazi. I am not going to sway on this.
DrafterX
9 years ago



If it is really about the statues with you the filth stole your cause. T

As I said... keep the statues up. IDGAF. It would suck to be a black kid going to Robert E Lee High School though LOL

teedubbya wrote:




And that was one of the first things I said in this thread... 'It's a damn shame they had to be the ones to stand up to this'.. or somethin like that..



And I attended a Robert E Lee Elementary school in Lawton OK at one time.. 🀣
teedubbya
9 years ago

And that was one of the first things I said in this thread... 'It's a damn shame they had to be the ones to stand up to this'.. or somethin like that..



And I attended a Robert E Lee Elementary school in Lawton OK at one time.. 🀣

DrafterX wrote:



they didn't have to though... that's the point. Those groups serve no legitimate purpose. None.



Good thing you were not black or it may have been tough to walk under the name of that treasonous bassard every day.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
DrafterX
9 years ago

Drafter. I don't care what Trump says. I draw a very clear line. If you are standing next to Nazis chanting the shΓ—t they were chanting (at a confederate stage of all things... what does that have to do with judaeism?) And you don't walk away immediately, you are a nazi.

There is no situation in the world in which I can imagine myself standing in a crowd surrounded by Nazis chanting antisemitic chants and not immediately decide I'm in the wrong place and standing on the wrong side of the discussion... or at minimum that I want to have that discussion at a later time somewhere else not surrounded by Nazis chanting antisemitic shΓ—t. I firmly believe that anyone that cannot come to that conclusion on their own is also a Nazi. I am not going to sway on this.

victor809 wrote:





but we don't know if that's how it went down.. you're making assumptions that they were all hanging together.. I doubt that was the case.. the Police there were people coming from all directions.. there wasn't line in the sand that got crossed.. .. 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago

Racist!

opelmanta1900 wrote:



bassard
dstieger
9 years ago

It would suck to be a black kid going to Robert E Lee High School though

teedubbya wrote:



It might...but I don't even see a problem there....careful picking of out of context facts and legends could turn Lee (or anybody) into a monster, but I think Lee was mostly a pretty decent person and I don't think a school named for him should bother you (or your hypothetical black kid) any more than the statues do
Users browsing this topic