nmsolo
7 years ago
Live in NYC..No way to smoke indoors here.
Get on a thick down jacket, some gloves, and a hat and hope you don't get stabbed basically is my ritual.

God I have to move out of here...🐴
ontrackp
7 years ago
I got a propane heater and kind-of-comfortable chair and a little table in the garage now. Works great.
yankeelawdog
7 years ago
I'm often weary of women who say they like the smell of cigars. EXCEPTION: When our 22 year old niece visited us in December, that was the first thing she commented about but she's been experiencing that familiar smell around her uncle's house for a long time. She was practically sentimental about it. My wife of 17 years now sometimes asks me to crack a window or light a candle while smoking indoors but she's still quite tolerant. Maybe she actually does like the smell. P.S. My garage is heated and air conditioned just in case.
Mandobro
7 years ago
I'm already divorced, I smoke in my living room. BTW, Frank, I hear you're retired.
frankj1
7 years ago

I'm already divorced, I smoke in my living room. BTW, Frank, I hear you're retired.

Mandobro wrote:


well, I didn't want you to be lonely.
ducati996
7 years ago

I got a propane heater and kind-of-comfortable chair and a little table in the garage now. Works great.

ontrackp wrote:



might want to get a CO detector as well..😎
delta1
7 years ago
good advice!
Mandobro
7 years ago

well, I didn't want you to be lonely.

frankj1 wrote:


I'm not lonely, I have a new beer I brewed to keep me company. And Joan.
frankj1
7 years ago
Joan is also my friend. I even cleaned a bathroom for her exclusive use.
You are a talented brewer, must admit.

did ya hear that I'm retired?
smokestaxx
7 years ago

Now that it's getting chilly here in the northeast, I'm trying to figure out a strategy for smoking in the house w/o my wife killing me. She once told me that she liked the smell of cigars and I tried convincing her that she would enjoy me smoking in the house, but that didn't work. Any thoughts from the the cigar smoking experts? Trying not to have to buy a space heater for the garage! Thanks.

ontrackp wrote:


Don't get a divorce. Just get rid of her. Smoke all the cigars you want. Where ever you want. 🇨🇮
pacman357
7 years ago
I have a couple options. Move to Washington State, wait for me to get healthy so I can return to actively practicing law (still stay current on dues, education, etc.), then hire me to handle your divorce. I could use the money.

Second option is working brilliantly for my wife and I. I have a corner bedroom upstairs in our 2 story that I staked out as an office. My wife got the entire rec room for her parrots, so this is equitable. When multiple physical health issues made sitting outside under a heater unworkable, I moved into the garage. However, keeping a 2007 Mustang GT with less than 40K miles on it sitting in the rain and sun seemed like a bad idea. The man cave got very crowded in the garage, and I'm clumsy as well as blind in one eye now, and with all the shelving I installed when we moved in, well, we fit a lot in our 2 car garage, including the Stang (hey, I wasn't raised by wolves).

After discussing ideas such as a second outside storage shed (first one full), a carport, a covered area, a shack on the patio, etc., we finally put this together. Our neighbor built a 2 story barn on his property that is bigger than his house. I have more taste and far less dough, so I was watching a (for me) rare video review of a smoke, and the reviewer was raving about a specific air purifier. Not sure if the rules allow me to mention it by name, so I'll change part of the name and the rest and Google should get you there. Hare Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-625A Tone Royal) . My wife bought me that for Christmas. Yes, I am married to an angel. I can sit in my office, smoke, leave the machine to run, and 1-2 times a year, I pay $60-80 for filter parts. It has dust, charcoal filtration, and an ionizer that must produce something other than ozone, as I get zero electrical smell.

We had to replace a stationary window in the room with one that opens. Now the room has two windows that open so we get a cross breeze (this room gets HOT in the summer...almost no one in the Seattle area uses A/C in homes, as summers are usually fine with windows open). The filter is what really does it, however. Doubt it would work without windows you can crack open (and drop a small space heater in the room for colder months), but the combo of the windows and filtration is enough that I can smoke anything, yes even that thing that is legal in the state where I live. Even perique and latakia are safe when I'm hankering. Oh, and I use an old part of sweatpants to block the bottom of the door. The filter ran about $420. You can save $20 by going with all-white.

It's a gamble, but we figured if it didn't work, I'm back in the garage and she'd use the system to the aviary. She'll have to pry it from my dead, cold fingers. I love this thing. WAY cheaper than the other idea we'd been discussing. Of course, YMMV.
dstieger
7 years ago
Morning, Tom. Great to see you....glad you dropped by. I'd hoped that health wouldn't be a concern for you by now. Good thoughts.
Users browsing this topic