Plowboy221
5 years ago
Peanut butter sandwiches and a pouch of Buffalo tuna for dinner, checked outta the motel at 11, been up since 0800. Load still not ready, gonna be a 24 hour plus day. Have first stop in the morning in Arkansas.
8trackdisco
5 years ago

These unappreciative jackalopes just left that Ramones reference sitting there? Not even a mention?

I apologize on their behalf, brother.

MACS wrote:



Never dumb down the references for the aw dunces.
-ScotHar.

Thanks for being there, brother.
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago

Yeah... canned tuna is skipjack. The lowest grade of tuna. Have you ever had seared ahi tuna? Mmmmmm... tuna.

Skippies are ayite, but yellowfin and bluefin tuna are a whole 'nother level of yummy.

MACS wrote:


I like the fishies too. Just tend to gravitate towards dinner on the hoof. Yellowfin is some good stuff. Though really enjoy mahi mahi a.k.a underwater steak
8trackdisco
5 years ago

Had to nap this afternoon. Only worked 7 hours today, but that 0230 reveille came way too fast. Probably got 4 and a half hours of sleep.

Start at 11am tomorrow. Sleep in... gym... work. 👍

MACS wrote:



You have to be scooping up some fun transport stories. Crotchety old men, crude joke, farts.

What do you have to share with the class?
MACS
5 years ago
Not much so far, just a lot of Vietnam era guys and gals with disabilities caused from their service. One guy was slated to serve only 3 years, extended for a year in 'Nam and got shot 40 days into his extension.

Wheel chair bound with a colostomy bag, now... thank you for your service, eh?

Many are saying the VA treats them very well, so that's good news for my future. A few even said that things improved dramatically almost 4 years ago... if ya get my meaning. The VA has contracted and outsourced essential services, such as dialysis and therapies, so treatments are faster.
BuckyB93
5 years ago

had a great crisp tart yet sweet McCoun apple today. My fave, followed by honey crisp.
Bucky, there must be an insane amount of orchard activity out your way!

and the tomatoes with halloumi came out fantastic. Didn't splash any balsamic, it's ok but not a lover of the stuff.

frankj1 wrote:



Yeah, quite a few of them. When my kids where young we'd do the apple picking and the apple fests, tractor pulling, hay rides and stuff... Fun for the kids. As I got older I developed seasonal allergies. The last time I went on a hay ride my eyes blew up like Rocky Balboa.

Not so much going on with the apple fests this year. The one closest to us ya gotta call to make an appointment.

The local markets have all kinds of different apples. The regular Delicious, Gala, Granny Smith, McIntosh, Fuji stuff that you see year round get kinda boring.

Been doing some reading on different ones that I see when they show up in the stores, didn't realize there's a whole huge industry in making all the varieties and cross breading. Things like skin and flesh texture, size for better fit in kids hands, ones that don't brown so quickly after cutting, ones ripen early in the season or later in the season, ones that have longer shelf life for storage and to sell during the winter months...

Minnesota, Washington, New England, and parts of Canada areas do a lot of stuff with creating varieties. Patent them, sell rights to exclusive farms to grow and limit number of trees to keep demand and prices up. Some varieties are found from natural cross breading and they don't really know the lineage - the orchard invented them by mistake. Some farmer just happened to find a tree near a couple different trees in the orchard that grew a different apple of favorable traits.
danmdevries
5 years ago
So, work said they were drowning, had call off and needed help. I said ok, I overslept to the all day point, so I'll come in.

I get there and there's a census board by the rear entrance. Doesn't look terribly busy. Maybe the patients are particularly heavy. Went to the back office since I was too early to clock in and looked at the charts. Doesn't look like much is going on. Whatever, I'll get the patients I've had for 5 days straight back and just cruise through the night.

Nope. They gave me a new assignment since I picked up after things were assigned. Already pissing me off. Then I find out they got a nurse from another unit to float down to us. Strike two. Then I see the charge nurse has zero patients, three nurses have one patient, and only one of those patients requires 1:1 care. I'm starting to see red.

Then they tell me I'm going to admit an LVAD (left ventricular assist device - basically a mechanical heart replacement) which is a big fvcking deal. Ok, I'm calming down after having some strong words with the day shift charge nurse but I'm still mad that they want me to admit this solo with another patient (typically it's 2 RNs to 1 LVAD). But then the patient shows up ambulatory with a permanent/ambulatory LVAD they've lived on for years and is admitted for completely unrelated reasons but needs to be in the CVICU simply because they have the device but will be 100% managing it themselves.

I had a lot of words with people and went home at 11p. Complete bullchit having me come in for absolutely no valid reason. Sure, I could use another shift of pay. But to me drowning means there aren't enough bodies to take care of the patients. The staff on schedule ordered food delivery by 9pm... Not a sign of distress.

I rarely see the place when I'm not in charge of the unit. Guess I understand why management always want me to be in charge because that was a huge waste of resources. If it were in the least bit justifiable, I would have stayed. But there was absolutely NO reason for me to be there at all. And after working 7 12's in a row I didn't want to make it 8, but would if they needed me. Also gives me some insight to why some of the nurses hate working when I'm in charge, because they actually have to work.

](*,) 😣 😣
danmdevries
5 years ago
Anyway, HHD Ram n dudes.
8trackdisco
5 years ago
The VA treating the vets better, they should be treated best. The upswing is heartening.

Good morning everyone.
Plowboy221
5 years ago

Fun for the kids. As I got older,

Been doing some reading on different ones, like skin and flesh texture, size for better fit in kids hands.

Joe Biden wrote:




Creepy
deadeyedick
5 years ago
The wife planned a hike for us in the desert mountain preserve this morning. I told her the rattlers are getting active this time of year. She said BFD. Waiting for daylight.
Ram27
5 years ago

Anyway, HHD Ram n dudes.

danmdevries wrote:





You also danm & folks, enjoy!!!!!!!
Gene363
5 years ago

So, work said they were drowning, had call off and needed help. I said ok, I overslept to the all day point, so I'll come in.

I get there and there's a census board by the rear entrance. Doesn't look terribly busy. Maybe the patients are particularly heavy. Went to the back office since I was too early to clock in and looked at the charts. Doesn't look like much is going on. Whatever, I'll get the patients I've had for 5 days straight back and just cruise through the night.

Nope. They gave me a new assignment since I picked up after things were assigned. Already pissing me off. Then I find out they got a nurse from another unit to float down to us. Strike two. Then I see the charge nurse has zero patients, three nurses have one patient, and only one of those patients requires 1:1 care. I'm starting to see red.

Then they tell me I'm going to admit an LVAD (left ventricular assist device - basically a mechanical heart replacement) which is a big fvcking deal. Ok, I'm calming down after having some strong words with the day shift charge nurse but I'm still mad that they want me to admit this solo with another patient (typically it's 2 RNs to 1 LVAD). But then the patient shows up ambulatory with a permanent/ambulatory LVAD they've lived on for years and is admitted for completely unrelated reasons but needs to be in the CVICU simply because they have the device but will be 100% managing it themselves.

I had a lot of words with people and went home at 11p. Complete bullchit having me come in for absolutely no valid reason. Sure, I could use another shift of pay. But to me drowning means there aren't enough bodies to take care of the patients. The staff on schedule ordered food delivery by 9pm... Not a sign of distress.

I rarely see the place when I'm not in charge of the unit. Guess I understand why management always want me to be in charge because that was a huge waste of resources. If it were in the least bit justifiable, I would have stayed. But there was absolutely NO reason for me to be there at all. And after working 7 12's in a row I didn't want to make it 8, but would if they needed me. Also gives me some insight to why some of the nurses hate working when I'm in charge, because they actually have to work.

](*,) 😣 ](*,)

danmdevries wrote:



And if you work yourself to death rest assured the hospital will be happy to step over your dead carcass to hire a replacement.

Speyside
5 years ago
corey sellers
5 years ago
Morning gents
CarsonTheCat
5 years ago
Good morning, my friends. Restless night, and an early morning. Went with my father-in-law/boss to his PCP yesterday, who told him he needed to go to the emergency room and be admitted for his heart rate being over 150 and serious bleeding from a UTI. Spent 3 hours waiting in the ER waiting room with him to be seen, and then I had to leave due to COVID restrictions. Got a text from him at 12:33 a.m. saying they were going to admit him for the night for more tests and observation. Just sitting at the office now, calling all his appointments for the rest of the week and put them off until next week. So exhausted this morning....need coffee....zzzzzz
MACS
5 years ago
I had a 2 hour nap yesterday. I slept from 9:30 last night to almost 7 this morning.

I musta been tired.
Smooth light
5 years ago
Murphy's law: only good deeds get punished!

Self sacrifice has its own rewards, even though they're taking advantage of you, somebody will recognize your efforts and move you to higher ground, keep the faith.
tonygraz
5 years ago

The wife planned a hike for us in the desert mountain preserve this morning. I told her the rattlers are getting active this time of year. She said BFD. Waiting for daylight.

deadeyedick wrote:



Are you going to bring a rattle ?
tonygraz
5 years ago

I had a 2 hour nap yesterday. I slept from 9:30 last night to almost 7 this morning.

I musta been tired.

MACS wrote:



Probably just the covid.
Users browsing this topic