MACS
6 years ago

Eggs, hash browns, coffee, nap, dog walk, then cigars is the plan.

8trackdisco wrote:




I like the way you think. I'd add "beer" to that list... Or a libation of your choice, of course.

I've had the coffee... and completed the consequence of drinking said coffee. Now I just need to get my ass to the gym.

Shades of, "I don't wanna go to school" popped into my head. ๐ŸŒซ
Plowboy221
6 years ago
Went a little over board with whiskey last night, my head feels like itโ€™s gonna explode
rfenst
6 years ago
Nothing at all that I must do today. Son is making canna-butter and then wife is going to use it to make chocolate chip cookies. Been talking about doing this for a long, long time. I just want to get buzzed, not wasted. Should be fun. Or, I could fall asleep. Got two, really nice black angus strip steaks from Aldi in the refrigerator. Nicely marbled. Who'd of thought you could buy great meet there?
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ
Smooth light
6 years ago
Mexican coffee and cijar, I'm addicted, but it's good. Now time to not do what I was going to do, it sounded good earlier. There's always next week ๐Ÿ™‚.

Lunch time ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅช๐Ÿบ sounds good.
Ram27
6 years ago
Just another day. Howdy peeps. [ram27bat]
BuckyB93
6 years ago
So this spring I decided to go back to school and get another degree for a potential career change. Farted around with computers for awhile as a side hobby, decided to get the slip of paper that makes it official. These classes are pretty easy, I've done most of the stuff before. The stuff they teach you in college is pretty laughable as it doesn't pertain much to the real world (except for the technical stuff).

Here's an example. One of my current classes is a tech writing class. Supposed to teach the kids about stuff that they'll be doing in the real world and dumb down tech stuff to target not tech audiences: How to write a progress report to non tech superiors, how to do a PowerPoint presentation, how to write a business letter, how to write user manuals... stuff like that.

Part of this week's assignment summary:

Overview
Imagine you are the manager of a software development team working on new applications for your company, Optimum Way Development, Inc. Your team has just missed a major milestone in completing one of the applications and, because of this, the project is now behind schedule. You must communicate this issue to your director, who is traveling and unable to be accessed by a phone call or face-to-face meeting. You decide that the best method to reach the director in this situation is by email. The director is a business professional who does not have technical education or experience.

Prompt

For this activity, you will create an email to the director to communicate an issue with one of your projects based on the scenario presented in the Overview.

Guidelines for Submission

You will submit an email. The email must:
Be at least 350 to 750 words
Be submitted as a Word document or PDF
Completely address all of the requirements in the Prompt section


I don't know about you but in my work history, if I wrote a 350-750 word e-mail to the non-tech director about the status of a project falling behind, I'm pretty sure he'd wouldn't get past the first few sentences before tossing it.

Then with his reply ask me WTF? Give me a 10 sentence cliff note on what is wrong, how you're going to fix it and when, what resources do you need to make it happen. I'll expect a weekly progress summary until you are back on schedule.

Poor kids, college is not really plugged into the real world.
deadeyedick
6 years ago
That is what happens when a person with real world experience takes a college course.
deadeyedick
6 years ago
Beautiful 68 this morning. Went for a 5 miler and had a cigar with the paper on the patio. Looks like a few good games on the tube the rest of the day and of course another cigar with a cold one later.

Wife just got back from the feed store with a big bag of Honeycrisp apples. On special for $.87/lb
Smooth light
6 years ago
How about the no experience teacher ๐Ÿ™‚.
MACS
6 years ago
I just had a honey crisp apple... and a key lime yogurt with walnuts.

Pollo asado on the menu for later with salad... and to ruin the streak of healthy... apple pie. Beer and cigars...
danmdevries
6 years ago

Went a little over board with whiskey last night, my head feels like itโ€™s gonna explode

Plowboy221 wrote:



Same, but tequila. Wife asked me to pickup another bottle since we were running low, so I did. And then proceeded to finish off the inch or so left in the old 1.75L bottle.

Took me till noon to actually get moving.

danmdevries
6 years ago
Furnace is fixed. Didn't need to modify the new condensate trap as much as I'd anticipated. Still required a bit of JB Weld and some pins for reinforcement.

Hopefully it all works. 80 degrees today so won't be using it.

Xbox external drive cloning attempt failed. At least its at the tail end of the console generation and ill forget about it when I buy the next gen console. Sucks to lose years of progress in these games. Next gen backwards compatible so I can just start over with games I wanna replay.
danmdevries
6 years ago
Ribs rubbed and on the grill.

An hour later than I wanted to be. After they thawed I put em in the fridge, said ill do it tomorrow. But then I said fuggit and lit the grill, so they had to come up to room temp again.

Doing them on the kamado, not the WSM. Brother in law borrowed my WSM yesterday. Hopefully I can keep temp low enough without it going out. I love this grill for high temp cooking but trying to stay under 300 is difficult.

If it is too much trouble I'll just put em in the oven. Get em smokey now and finish inside.
Whistlebritches
6 years ago

Everyone is mental, Iโ€™m just a country boy trying to survive. I work 6/7 days a week, bust my azz for what I have and have had. I donโ€™t care who you are, if you treat me with respect Iโ€™ll return the favor until given a reason to do otherwise.

I get a laugh at people looking at me strangely because I still wear a cowboy hat from time to time. Iโ€™ve even seen people laugh.....

Plowboy221 wrote:



You'd fit right in round here..........just add some Wrangler's tucked into a pair of Tony Lama's (gotta have bull riding heel)with a little cow schit on them.Then you'll need a one ton pickup and gooseneck horse trailer to tote your saddled up ready for action stock horses around.Then when ya got your pony all lathered up rub your hands from the horses withers to the elbow,then smear that all over your neck and chest.............now you'll smell like a cowboy too.
BuckyB93
6 years ago

Furnace is fixed. Didn't need to modify the new condensate trap as much as I'd anticipated. Still required a bit of JB Weld and some pins for reinforcement.

Hopefully it all works. 80 degrees today so won't be using it.

Xbox external drive cloning attempt failed. At least its at the tail end of the console generation and ill forget about it when I buy the next gen console. Sucks to lose years of progress in these games. Next gen backwards compatible so I can just start over with games I wanna replay.

danmdevries wrote:



A good reason to save your progress on the cloud.
HockeyDad
6 years ago
Heading to the Delta King riverboat in Sacramento today.
Plowboy221
6 years ago
I never tuck my pants in my boots, but Iโ€™ve got the wranglers covered. Got a pair of full quill ostrich noconaโ€™s my favorite pair of boots. Just to expensive to wear other than going out. Wear my old west boots all the time right now, in the market for another pair of cowboy boots for work, not sure what Iโ€™ll go with. Guess Iโ€™m getting older my feet are starting to hurt a lot more than they used too. Most boots I wear till I can see a the nails coming up threw the insole. Probably doesnโ€™t help lol

Still have a headache ugh.....
MACS
6 years ago
I heard if you drink more beer it'll go away... ๐Ÿบ
BuckyB93
6 years ago

Beautiful 68 this morning. Went for a 5 miler and had a cigar with the paper on the patio. Looks like a few good games on the tube the rest of the day and of course another cigar with a cold one later.

Wife just got back from the feed store with a big bag of Honeycrisp apples. On special for $.87/lb

deadeyedick wrote:



That's an excellent price for them. I haven't seen them nearly that low around here. Usually around a buck and a half when on sale. Got some Granny Smith's for $0.99/lb so I bought those to make some more apple crisp. Honeycrisp for snacking were $2.39/lb. Way too high for this time a year with so many other varieties to pick from.
Plowboy221
6 years ago

I heard if you drink more beer it'll go away... ๐Ÿบ

MACS wrote:




Trying that, itโ€™s not working. Iโ€™m gonna chalk it up to Iโ€™m getting old. Used to be able to drink days at a time, now it takes me days to recover lol
Users browsing this topic