Sunoverbeach
5 years ago

More than kinda.

danmdevries wrote:


Didn't help I was driving slow so I could finish my smoke. #priorities
danmdevries
5 years ago
We can wrap it up I'm sure.

Let's talk more about food.
izonfire
5 years ago
Mmmmmmmmmm CHOWDAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
danmdevries
5 years ago

Didn't help I was driving slow so I could finish my smoke. #priorities

Sunoverbeach wrote:



I got enough yard I'm full throttle top speed getting beat up by the roots and bumps still a solid 2 hours.

I dont always do the woods, that's about 1 in 4 mows. Tree cover keeps the grass/weeds slow. That takes me well beyond 3 hours. But I got 4 acres to mow, normally do about 2.5. But my mower has a 42" deck and the steering is completely fvcked so it's constant muscling the thing.

danmdevries
5 years ago

Mmmmmmmmmm CHOWDAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

izonfire wrote:



I've never had a good chowder.

I've bought it at a couple fancy ass restaurants but it's still not fresh in the middle of the country.

I do like the stuff in cans, but that's like saying I like potatoes cause French fries are delicious.

Someday I will wander to the east coast and have me some chowdah and lobstah.
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
Had some great chowder on both coasts. Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco and northern part of the coast in Maine. Couldn't identify the exact shops to save my life though
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
But I like the hearty Progresso stuff to, so I may not have the most refined chowder palate
MACS
5 years ago
Meh... as long as it's New England... that red sh-t sucks.
danmdevries
5 years ago

Had some great chowder on both coasts. Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco and northern part of the coast in Maine. Couldn't identify the exact shops to save my life though

Sunoverbeach wrote:



When I was in San Diego I wanted so bad to go to the small seafood shops but my wife will not eat seafood. I compromised, and didn't eat seafood. I think the only restaurant food I had was tacos and a hamburger. Mostly got by on pb&j. Budget was blown before we landed already so I really can't be mad. That was an expensive trip.

When we were in St Petersburg FL I had to get the good stuff. Had crab, shrimp, gator, tuna, and other fish. I ate seafood, wife n boy got hotdogs n stuff. Food was so good. We went in the off season so it was relatively cheap. Plus I had more money on this trip.

I've briefly touched the eastern coast in Savannah GA but I didn't have time to eat. That's as close as I've been to the Atlantic. I saw the water, but had to be in Jacksonville in 1.5 hours so there was no time even for a pee break.
danmdevries
5 years ago

Meh... as long as it's New England... that red sh-t sucks.

MACS wrote:



I've only had white chowder, I don't like tomato sauces, so I wouldn't even give it a thought.
Gene363
5 years ago
No cream soups (slime) for me. [barf}

I had the red or Manhattan style clam chowder once, it was OK. If you want goo soup, get some Mexican Pozole soup.
Whistlebritches
5 years ago
Seafood chowder Alaskan style.........best evah
Gene363
5 years ago

Seafood chowder Alaskan style.........best evah

Whistlebritches wrote:



If you're gonna mention Alaska, screw soup, I want king crab legs.
danmdevries
5 years ago

No cream soups (slime) for me. [barf}

I had the red or Manhattan style clam chowder once, it was OK. If you want goo soup, get some Mexican Pozole soup.

Gene363 wrote:



Pozole is trash.

Snot in a bowl. At least what I've had is.
MACS
5 years ago

If you're gonna mention Alaska, screw soup, I want king crab legs.

Gene363 wrote:



Preach it!! I prefer them to lawbstah.
BuckyB93
5 years ago
danmdevries
5 years ago
I've never had fresh king crab, but if it's better than the frozen variants I've had I'm game.
Smooth light
5 years ago
Three... night shift get to work.
danmdevries
5 years ago
2 left. Is it kosher to take two in a row via runaway posting?
danmdevries
Users browsing this topic