rfenst
4 years ago
It's past 3pm and i am still in my pajamas. Need to shave, shower and run and errand.
MACS
4 years ago

It's past 3pm and i am still in my pajamas. Need to shave, shower and run and errand.

rfenst wrote:



Run the errand in your PJ's... fuggit.
frankj1
4 years ago

I declare shenanigans!!!

Notthe1 wrote:


another Stubby Kaye fan?
danmdevries
4 years ago
Slept 11-1330. Stayed in bed till 3 but no more sleep came.

Back to work.
deadeyedick
4 years ago
Just wanted to wish brother 8track all the best in his new direction. Nothing but net Russ.
Notthe1
4 years ago
Thinking I might have a beer tonight...

Who am I kidding, of course I'm going to have a beer.
delta1
4 years ago
if you don't have at least one...you Notthe1
Mr. Jones
4 years ago
#33 ram27 and #38 drafterx

LMAO AT BOTH POSTS 😂😂😂🤣😂🤣🤣

YOU BASTIDS!!!
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
4 years ago

if you don't have at least one...you Notthe1

delta1 wrote:



And if he has any left, then his last was Notthe1.

Edit...

Just re-read that... sounded better in my head. Go ahead and throw tomatoes at me.
8trackdisco
4 years ago

Hey Guys, what's up?


8-track,
I know YOU would never leave like a douche-bag. I was only joking around. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. When you look back on today, I truly hope it will be one of the very best days of your life. Within the top five. I would NEVER truly recommend that you "burn the bridges" when you have already gone to great length to walk away with your head held high...
rfenst

rfenst wrote:



Zero worries, Robert. Am just happy this chapter is now over.
Went over and above this week to assure the best possible outcome for my people.
Read to them part of an email I sent to my boss (their interim leader until Jan 1), so they know what I shared.
Best practices.
The expectations I had for myself as their leader, and what they expected and how they were delivered.
And simply a handy guide for leading them allowing them to keep their dignity and the respect they’ve earned.
Also, she will know where the Rubicon is…… She can heed or ignore the advice.
In the end, it doesn’t matter. But my team knowing the What’s Up and I have their back through the end is important to me.

Will detox, live the layabout lifestyle for a bit, and once my head is back on straight, will consider my Next.
8trackdisco
4 years ago

Mornin... had to get up early and work :/

Oh well, happens from time to time, at least the rest of the day will be shorter now.

More time to troll cbid this morning to make TW think I'm not working.

Also, 8track, if you need a devil on your shoulder, I'm here for you buddy >:)

bgz wrote:



You have a special talent. I am aware. Thanks!
8trackdisco
4 years ago

Pretty much back to normal.

Abrignac wrote:



👍
frankj1
4 years ago
some people see it as a job, a way to pay bills.
Others see their roles as growing the company.
8trackdisco
4 years ago

some people see it as a job, a way to pay bills.
Others see their roles as growing the company.

frankj1 wrote:



Yes. Some people want a healthy Work Life balance. Put in a good 40 hours and call it a day. I respect that.

And some in the higher echelons of leadership look at only Service Levels. People not only don’t matter- they think they can be bought off with an hour of free time of a $5 Amazon gift card. Or, they look at the people as merely a necessary obligation until the next two software updates culls the headcount.

Never underestimate your opponent. They are seeing people quitting/retiring and leaving. They are starting to see that problem. What the don’t realize, is how many people have quit the organization, and are still employed there. Phoning it in. Those are the hundreds of paper cuts which unless something significantly changes in the next 12-18 months will bleed them pale.

They did send me a 20 question, online Exit Interview questionnaire, with the options to add additional commentary.

They asked for ‘candid responses’.

Filled it out. Was Professionally Direct. Didn’t go over the top, while at the same time not pulling any punches.

I didn’t add additional commentary on all 20…… just 19.
danmdevries
4 years ago
Nicely done 8.

Happy Saturday fellas
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
That's a 95% response rate. Definitely a passing grade
Gene363
4 years ago
Good Saturday Morning! It's 64° on the way to 86° today.

Getting some yard work done today. It takes too many coins out of my back fund these days so I found a guy that works for the city. He and other city workers built some sidewalks in our neighborhood. They worked fast and did a good job so I asked if any of them did work on the side, I need to replace some driveway concrete after repairs to a sewer line. Turns out he does yards, tree trimming, pressure washing. He'll be here this morning to do timing and cleaning out a drain that fills with mud when I get heavy rainfall. Here now...
8trackdisco
4 years ago
Weirdly warm for us for October. Currently 65, possibly up to 75.

Rainy but decent chance it will clear up.

Meeting The Brothers up north for one last weekend before the unguarded Canadian border is invaded by cold fronts.
danmdevries
4 years ago
Work was "old normal" last night. Was really nice. Had enough staff, a few open beds throughout the hospital so patients could be moved as needed, and only watched one person die.

It was nice.

Tonight's going to be rough. Should have 6-7 nurses. We had only 4 scheduled and one lazy dip**** who's going on a 2 week vacation starting Sunday called off. So we have 3.

Shower beer then bedtime. Hopefully more than 2 hours today.
8trackdisco
4 years ago

Work was "old normal" last night. Was really nice. Had enough staff, a few open beds throughout the hospital so patients could be moved as needed, and only watched one person die.

It was nice.

Tonight's going to be rough. Should have 6-7 nurses. We had only 4 scheduled and one lazy dip**** who's going on a 2 week vacation starting Sunday called off. So we have 3.

Shower beer then bedtime. Hopefully more than 2 hours today.

danmdevries wrote:



Was talking with a nurse friend last night. Changed hospitals for a $10,000 bonus. Traded Covid ward for ER.
Tough but rewarding gig. Shared how easy it is for an overworked, over stressed, under slept to make a mistake which could end a life.

Ridiculous what you nurses have to go through.
Users browsing this topic