HockeyDad
4 years ago
I wonder if I can find any of those old nuclear bomb shelter stickers on buildings anymore. Where I grew up there was only one rated civilian building that I can remember so we had to practice “Duck, Cover, and Hold” drills. Funny thing is that is still the same drill for earthquakes.
BuckyB93
4 years ago
The high school I went to had a bomb shelter under their indoor pool. The principal of the high school lived at the end of the block from us were friends of our family.

Sometimes on the weekends, we'd go swimming at the pool (just our family and theirs) since he had keys to the entire building. He gave us a tour of the bomb shelter under the pool. How they were able to install a bomb shelter under an indoor pool, I have no clue. I do remember it being stocked with MRE's, first aid kits, and stuff and large tins of hard candy.

Good thing northern WI is not in an earthquake zone. Imagine if the floor of the pool dropped out
HockeyDad
4 years ago
Three thoughts:

1. Pool floor cracks and floods bomb shelter. Design flaw.

2. Indoor pool? My high school didn’t even have an outdoor pool. Franking aristocrats.

3. Is there anything in Wisconsin worth nuking or is this just “we got leftover nukes so let’s melt everything kinda nuking?”
frankj1
4 years ago

I'm giving away my age here ... but I remember being told to hide under my wooden desk during nuclear air-raid drills in school when i was a little kid in the early 70's. This makes just as much sense as that. Because we ALL know how effective paper masks are at stopping COVID - they'll clearly do an equally steller job preventing the spread of radiation! lmao

Mike3316 wrote:


meh, you're a kid.
We had Friday noon sirens until mid to late 60's but they had stopped long before the early 70's
By the late 60's early 70's the focus was ending the Viet Nam war.
BuckyB93
4 years ago
I remember the air siren tests. Every Sunday at noon.
RayR
4 years ago

I remember the air siren tests. Every Sunday at noon.

BuckyB93 wrote:



Me too, we lived about 30 yards away from that siren at the corner of the street. Freaking super loud and annoying.
Then they'd blast it every time there was a fire alarm too, the local volunteer fire department was just about a mile down the street.
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
If you can’t beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
- GC
Mr. Jones
4 years ago
Welllll,

When you get to the shelter???

If you can even find one???

I dont think any nuclear shelters have been built since
1960-64???

Several hospital basements, govt building basements, sporting event basements in older stadiums and older local school bldgs too....

But when your in there with a few peeps who caught the brunt of the blast and didn't get there within 15 minutes???
Welll, when they are screaming to be put out of their misery and their skin is falling off???
6ft distancing will be no prollum at all, and sure ass hell the screamers will not be wearing masks....

Read any first hand accounts by survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki....it will make you sick to your stomach and unable to sleep for a week....

If it doesn't?

T.H.E.N. you are one sick sick SICK MUDDERFUC*in' disturbed sadist prick....

JUST LIKE GARY O'CONNOR : SSG FIELD CHIEF EXTROIDINAIRE FELON CRIMINAL WITH A GUN AND A BADGE...

Annnnddddd

YOU NOW ARE THE PERFECT CANDIDATE TO BE HIRED BY THE F.B.I. "SPECIAL SURVEILLANCE GROUP DIVISION"...IN SPADES, YOU'LL FIT IN JUST LIKE A GLOVE..
Users browsing this topic