Whistlebritches
4 years ago

Hello,

Our United States Veterans earned every benefit they get.
And are often not properly compensated for their service.

Sincerely,
Brewha, Labral Cretin.

Brewha wrote:









I respect the veterans who served, injured or not. But sometimes even the best of us need help. And yes, it is welfare.

So put a sock in it WB.

Brewha wrote:




So is it earned or welfare..........you can't have it both ways.Welfare is an unearned benefit of socialism.
Brewha
4 years ago

So is it earned or welfare..........you can't have it both ways.Welfare is an unearned benefit of socialism.

Whistlebritches wrote:


Ah, the conservative definition.

So orphans are on welfare. Disabled people might or might not be, based on their work history.

And a teenage who never worked gets a type of welfare by using the socialist public road systems for free. Or the library.

But more to the point; welfare is shameful - right?

Whistlebritches
4 years ago

Ah, the conservative definition.

So orphans are on welfare. Disabled people might or might not be, based on their work history.

And a teenage who never worked gets a type of welfare by using the socialist public road systems for free. Or the library.

But more to the point; welfare is shameful - right?

Brewha wrote:




I like how you use those born disabled in your argument..........that's asinine. Find another argument

A healthy teen having never worked should have no road to a socialist handout.GET A **** ING JOB

No it isn't if properly used.......a stepping stone to get back on your own two feet.Those that are 3rd,4th and even 5th generation welfare families have abused and continue to abuse the system.I live in a small town.......I see these types all around me and they are of all colors so please don't attempt to.play the race card in your next moot argument


Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
What’s tasty but ugly?
A squashed birthday cake.
Brewha
4 years ago

I like how you use those born disabled in your argument..........that's asinine. Find another argument

A healthy teen having never worked should have no road to a socialist handout.GET A **** ING JOB

No it isn't if properly used.......a stepping stone to get back on your own two feet.Those that are 3rd,4th and even 5th generation welfare families have abused and continue to abuse the system.I live in a small town.......I see these types all around me and they are of all colors so please don't attempt to.play the race card in your next moot argument


Whistlebritches wrote:


There are absolute people who abuse and defraud welfare.

And we need to police this and fix that sh1t even if it means change the laws.



Oh, and my point was that welfare is a blanket term that inaccurately has the connotation of "bad". Sounds like we agree on that....

bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
4 years ago
I like Brewha's answer, but as someone who is capable of automating people out of their jobs... I have to ask the question.

What happens when there's not enough jobs to go around?

Better robots are an inevitability.
Brewha
4 years ago

I like Brewha's answer, but as someone who is capable of automating people out of their jobs... I have to ask the question.

What happens when there's not enough jobs to go around?

Better robots are an inevitability.

bgz wrote:


The inevitable outcome of unbridled capitalisms is extreme concentration of wealth and power. Technology has always aided this. Automation even more so.

It would be nice to think that instrumentation would eventually free mankind to pursue life and leisure. But knowing what you do of humans, could you see us letting this happen? Even if we had all needs taken care of, people would still want power over others and everything for themselves.

Grim - but just look at history.

Do you think we will learn?
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
4 years ago
Nah, we'll never learn. Stupid people breed faster than smart people on average.
Brewha
4 years ago
Ever been on a web site and had a robot make you prove you were not a robot?

Get ready, some day we will work for machines....
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
Why don’t vampires like garlic?
Because you have to exist to like garlic.
Speyside2
4 years ago
Don't worry Brewha, PLC and HMI are fake news, I read it on the web. Also the lizard people with their Omicron SARS-COVID2 vaccine and humanity will prosper, for that I used a different source, the internet.
Brewha
4 years ago

Don't worry Brewha, PLC and HMI are fake news, I read it on the web. Also the lizard people with their Omicron SARS-COVID2 vaccine and humanity will prosper, for that I used a different source, the internet.

Speyside2 wrote:


Pay no attention to that AMR behind the light curtain….
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
What did one stranger say to the other?
Nothing. They didn’t know each other
Users browsing this topic