Cycleman
19 years ago
I do NOT believe cello is porous and I do NOT believe it allows air and moisture to pass through it.

I believe if they stay in tubes and cello for long periods of time... they sit in there own amonia and do not age NEARLY as well as they would if in a nice hummidor enviroment.

chuckler
19 years ago
Oh my lord...

PT 😉
andytv
19 years ago
I am a firm believer is ON.

1) Despite Cycleman's claim......cello DOES breathe.
2) Cello also protects fragile wrappers
3) Cello buffers against instant humidity changes.
4) Cello protects the sticks from mold spores (see link).




http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=7&messageDisplay=0000000064211 
fishinguitarman
19 years ago
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
ON
billnyethescienceguy
12 years ago
i prefer to ride bareback


so does the nurse and stuff




wheel,
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
If you leave em on it keeps your friends from rubbing there noses on them#-o
I keep a couple on the top shelf without cello on. They are my snot rockets😝
tyyler82
12 years ago
Chazbo the noob! 🍺

😄
delta1
12 years ago
I think chazbo's question was really about the plastic ZIPLOCK baggies that the cigars are shipped in. Do you take the cigars out or leave them in?

After 7 years, he still wants to know, but is too shy to ask...
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

when storing cigars in your humi should you take of the plastic wrapper?

chazbo wrote:



He did say plastic wrapper
TheSmokensip
12 years ago
Aluminum foil works .
danmdevries
12 years ago
On ON on

If you can park em and not mess with your stash, sure... cello off in a humi that's opened 4x/year for maintenance is probably going to provide faster results in the aging process.

I've not had a stick last more than 6 months myself. I'm new. Still, I used to take the cello off. I thought it was on there so people at the B&M weren't handling YOUR cigar directly. Had some issues with cracked wrappers. Left cello on, no issues with cracked wrappers. I quit taking the wrappers off of the sticks I brought home from the B&M. Still concerned about properly maintaining humidity levels which is the question that brought me to internet forums and as they say.... all downhill from there.
cacman
12 years ago

I am a firm believer is ON.
1) Despite Cycleman's claim......cello DOES breathe.
2) Cello also protects fragile wrappers
3) Cello buffers against instant humidity changes.
4) Cello protects the sticks from mold spores (see link).
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/forum.cfm?action=list&forumID=7&messageDisplay=0000000064211 

andytv wrote:


Bummer andytv's link doesn't work anymore. Would have liked to review.

Depending on the bare cigar, will often place/store in 5-finger bags to protect the wrapper from damage that may result from rummaging through the humis/cooledor. Suggest trimming the zip seal and excess baggage for easier storage. Only need the zip seal when shipping cigars not storing them in the humi. Don't have the luxury of a big-azz tower with lots of space and drawers for naked storage which I would prefer.

I normally removed the plastic-wrap taped around 5ers received from the Bid before storing. Don't know if mold spores (or anything else) will "stick" to the plastic wrap, but don't take that chance. Like to open them up and let them breathe.

For storing in foil and the advantages of wet-packing, will leave that for Triodes (LOL). Although I've heard that storing/wet-packing in gold foil will yield a higher price than silver foil.
stogiemonger
12 years ago

Damn, Chazbo.

I'm not sure why Wheelio dug this one out, but, with friends like that, who needs enemies?

Chazbo a newb? Who Knew? Lol!
BlueDude
12 years ago
Cello on to protect the foot and wrapper.
Always when traveling.

I'll remove the cello a week before I plan to light up.
billyboy03
12 years ago
I leave cello on in the humi w/ alot of singles so they dont affect each others taste
theboss928
12 years ago
I keep mine in the cello except for most of the Tatuaje's.All the tatuaje's i've bought seem to come naked except for the angeles,nobles and the p series.
Users browsing this topic