wbslngr
23 years ago
I need a super quick (other than sending them to anyone 🙂 ) way to keep the cigars nice and to store them. Super CHEAP too!
wbslngr
23 years ago
Also something that takes NO time to get ready (if that is possible)
Lowman
23 years ago
Tupper-dor !!
al'Thor
23 years ago
Ding! Ding! Ding!!

and now, Lowman.... your prize is behind this curtain...
ikonoklast7
23 years ago
C'mon, webslinger, how long you been around here?

Like Lowman said, get a tupperdor. Just get a big thing of tupperware (line it with cedar sheets from an old cigar box if you like), put your smokes in, and seal it up.

If they're gonna be in there a while, you might want to improvise a humidifier. A good way to do that is to go down to your local florist and buy some florist's foam (its the same as Oasis foam), stuff some of it in an old cigar tube, soak the foam with distilled water, punch some holes in the tube, and set it in your humi. Just be careful that it doesn't directly touch your smokes, for risk of mold. Might wanna put something in there as a barrier between them.
mrtelcom
23 years ago
Make sure it is WET florist foam. And I would use PG5050, not just water.

And since tupperware is sealed so tight, make sure to go easy on the liquids. I recently added 2 milk jug CAPS of water to my 70 quart coolerdor, and the damn humid jumped 10% on that little bit!
wbslngr
23 years ago
C'mon, ikonoklast7
You just asked similar question on
Date: 08/28/2003 01:41 AM

I wasn't sure what answer I wanted but I just needed to store some smokes and I have read all the cooler-dor and tuppor-dor but just was wanting something else. Short time storage for some cigars. I guess I have my options though.
GardnerFTW
23 years ago
How about maybe just an empty cigar box? You could probably get something moist in there as well if you wanted some humidity. I guess it would depend on how many cigars you wanted to store & how long, but it seems like it'd work pretty well for a small number of cigars for a short period of time.
ikonoklast7
23 years ago
Well, in that case, just a tupperware container.

It should hold the humidity in pretty good for a few weeks, as long as your sticks aren't already dried out.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
23 years ago
Deriffe
23 years ago
A Big zip lock baggy works in a pinch for short short term storage. If you will be keeping them for more than a week or so, take a small baggy, put a DAMP (not wet) papertowel in it, jab some small holes in it and put it inside the BIG baggy but don't let it lay on the cigars. This is definately a short term fix.
smaddox
23 years ago
I would never ask you to send them to me. I can come over and pick them up. I have some room in my humidor, you can store them there.
usahog
23 years ago
I can't afford Tupperware will Rubbermaid from the Dollar Store work??? LMAO!!!!!

Does it have to say Tupperware?
Does a cooler Dor' have to say Coleman?

What Lowman said... and Dollar Stores have nice ones that seal well... just don't toss em in the Microwave!!! the lids warp!!! LOL

Hog
eleltea
23 years ago
What JD1 said. Quick and idiot-proof. (No insinuation intended! ;o)
usahog
23 years ago
puskarich
23 years ago
Dont buy the tupperware. Just steal it from your wife or significant other. Then take that one tiny piece of tupperware that no one ever uses and punch holes in the lid with a nail. Then cut up one of her dish sponges and put it in the little tupperware container. Put some 50/50 on the sponge and you have a free cigar storage container. Your better-half will admire you for your creativity and thriftiness. You can thank me later.

:-)
usahog
23 years ago
Right puskarich , your better half/significant other will smile and then go shopping for somemore replacement goodies!!!!

Hog
Users browsing this topic