Cigarick
22 years ago
That's so dumb. I voted against the ban, and that was before I started smoking. We should at least get the bars! Nobody is forced to go into one, and nobody is forced to take a job at one. The owners should be allowed to decide.
merlin9052
22 years ago
I read that earlier.Ya know,it's kinda sad that we arent allowed basic rights in this country anymore.If a person doesn't want to eat in a place that allows smokers,then GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!Hopefully this state will soon be straightened out!

Eric
rayder1
22 years ago
At least I learned a few places to go next time I'm in "the City"
michaelpr1022
22 years ago
If you are ever in Cleveland let me know because just about every bar is cigar friendly. I never have any problems when I am downtown, in fact most of the bars sell sticks.
timhampton
22 years ago
It is that way in Cincinnati also. I have been seeing humidors in a lot of the bars. Only in the last year or so.

Hey everybody.....MOVE TO OHIO. We could have on hell of a herf. LOL

Tim
sketcha
22 years ago
merlin,

For clarification, the article stated (at fairly great length) that the law was intended to protect employees, not patrons.

At the risk of great chastisement...

If my children wish to enter the food and beverage industry for their 1st summer jobs, I would prefer that they not be exposed to second-hand smoke.

Proposal,

I think each county should allow the same percentage (What was it, 16 or something?) of smoking bars as there are smokers, just like many counties limit the number of liquor licenses. That way smokers get some places to relax while the local workforce has a large number of choices that are smoke free.
SteveS
22 years ago
----- On 10/22/2003 at 12:12AM, rayder1 wrote: --------------------
At least I learned a few places to go next time I'm in "the City"
------------------------------------------------------------
Ray ... I know more than a few ... more than were mentioned in that article, for sure ... drop me a line or give me a call the next time you come this way and we'll get together, maybe we can even include a few of the other guys in this area too ...
SP
  • SP
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
Welcome to the Great State of California.........Wait, our Governer Elect smokes......
Users browsing this topic