dz130
  • dz130
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
I saw a thread somewhere recently that mentioned a Torano Exodus 1959 with a Gold band, and one with a Silver band. Is this true? What's the diff.?

Doug
billreif
22 years ago
Different Wrappers
dz130
  • dz130
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
What's the other wrapper?
al'Thor
22 years ago
Oh, yeah - you bet there are two. The gold is a little more rich a full flavor than the silver, but I love them both equally. Here's some info from torano.com:

Exodus 1959
This cigar commemorates the Exodus of expert Cuban cigar families and their impact on the cigar industry after the nationalization of all tobacco farms and cigar factories by the Cuban government in 1959. The Toraños were one of those families.

Wrapper: Habano
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Dominican Republic, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Costa Rica

Exodus Silver
The Exodus 1959 Silver Edition is a medium to full bodied cigar with complex flavors that develop hints of citrus and wood. The beautiful Criollo wrapper blends magnificently with the combination of Honduran, Mexican and Costa Rican filler.

Wrapper: Criollo
Binder: Costa Rica
Filler: Costa Rica, Honduras & Mexico

tonester666
22 years ago
Hey DZ have you tried either?
wouldestous
22 years ago
the regular gold line has a habana2000 wrapper iirc. i like the gold exodus all right and did not care for the silver. ymmv.
Steve*R
22 years ago
I'm with Wouldy on this. I was disappointed with the Silver. I prefer Cupido's criollo wrapper.
al'Thor
22 years ago
ahhh such a beautiful example of the varied tapestry of life - one more reason why reviews are worth only so much and it all comes down to schmokin' em and deciding for yourself!
dz130
  • dz130
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
Love the Gold, just wasn't sure about the Silver. I didn't realize they were the same line.
Users browsing this topic