choner
  • choner
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
I got these Rocky Patel Vintage 90 and 92 (that's old tabacco!) at my local shop. Never heard or seen them, but they came in a nice box. Can someone tell me info on them and if they are tasty or not. Thanks!

choner
156532.jpg

Click to View Image127 View(s)

mrtelcom
22 years ago
I think you should start smokin. and then start postin.
Cant help you.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
I've tried the '92 and liked it but I think it should rest a spell. The wrapper aroma is really nice, isn't it? I haven't tried the '90 but I plan to. It's in my 'dor....

I did a review on "that other BB site"...for the '92 and read the "12 year aged" in the Cigar and Related board.
xrundog
22 years ago
Dude! You gotta tell US!
gerber
22 years ago
I've had both. You will like them...a lot!! The construction on both is superb, and I love the rich, complex flavor. They're both winners, although I think I like the 1992 the best.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
A cut and paste from my review:

Was in the local shop and picked up a few of the new Vintage line from Rocky Patel, along with one of the new Perdomo Edicion de Silvio (review posted).
I tried the Vintage 1992. After running this one under the proboscis my expectations were very high. It was enticing to say the least and I immediatlely snipped with my SAK and began toasting the foot and setting it afire (or afar..take your pick).
The ash held on up to 1.5 inch and was dark gray in color. Burn and draw were very good but it seemed a little "wet" out of the store so I've been letting it sit for about a week at my preferred 68% humidity. Although the wrapper on this smoke may be of a 1992 vintage, the blend inside really needs to marry with it a little longer. The flavor is nice and full bodied but I feel this is really going to open up after about 6 months or more. With about two inches left on the nub, it began to get hot and burn a little on the lips--to me this is a testament to its youth. I will get a 10-pack of these to put down until next summer and try again. Overall, I'd give it 7 out of 10.
choner
  • choner
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
22 years ago
Thanks guys!

Now I will take jd1 advice and let them sit for a while in my humi. But I might just be tempted by gerber and have to go buy some more so I can smoke them now.

choner
osage
22 years ago
They are made bt Indian Tabac. Both are very nice. I preferred the 1990, but that may just be my personal taste. Beautiful construction. Nice wrapper leaf.
ikonoklast7
22 years ago
^ LMAO @ jd1

"I've tried the '92 and liked it but I think it should rest a spell."

C'mon man, they've been resting almost 12 years! Isn't that long enough, lol? (j/k I know what you mean, I'm sure not ALL the tobacco in it is from the '92 vintage)
deadeyedick
22 years ago
Just finished a '92 and liked it. The wrapper is very tasty with a little spice and hint of sweetness. It reminded me of a Don Tomas Talange Selection but was smoother and more balanced.
Have not tried the '90 version.

DED
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
ikono, yes. The wrapper is frikin amazing (incredible age and very nice aroma) it's the blend that needs to marry with it. All in all a decent smoke.
Users browsing this topic