mrkmitch
22 years ago
A limited production blend of 375,000 cigars world wide.

Not 'til I pulled the cello off did I realize the light colored flor' de le type monogram was part of this cigars smooth, brown, shiny, lightly veined wrapper and not actually part of the exquisitly detailed cigar band, which is a beauty in itself (maroon and embossed gold with a roiling seascape pictured in the banner). So even unbanded this is a classy looking smoke.

At first tasting there is the expected Oliva flavor experienced with other Oliva's I've tried. Right from the first lighting, this was living up to the promotion of this blend as a full bodied, full flavored Oliva smoke. A tight layered white ash holds strong for the first two inches, until I roll it off into the ashtray. Impeccably constructed with plenty of creamy smooth smoke across the pallet, the mildly spicey and leathery flavor continues to build through the first half of the smoke. The full flavor, with hints of wood and a subtile sweetness, and full bodied smoke is consistant right up to the last finger blistering nub, never developing any harshness or bitter taste.

If you enjoy a a strong, full bodied, full falvored smoke, this is the real deal.

Found this smoke at a local shop during a herf promotion for another brand, and was well worth the "extra nickle" to pick a couple of them. The other one is resting quietly in my 'dor awaiting a special moment for me to enjoy it .... maybe tomorrow is special enough (lol). Find one and enjoy it, I know you will.

mrkmitch
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Nice review; the bold is good; these must be really good; can't wait to try a few!
smaddox
22 years ago
Great review! This cigar kicked my butt! I compare the strength to the JDN 1970.

BTW, Nice to see you at the Herf. Looking forward to the next one!
tonylum
22 years ago
Just pick one up, about an hour ago. Thanks to your review, I now, can not wait to smoke it. Love the bold gars.
tonester666
22 years ago
I just picked one up on lunch. Nice to see it already has a review.

osage
22 years ago
Would agree pretty much with mrkmitch on this one. Beautiful presentation.
Users browsing this topic