arwings
22 years ago
Have finally moved up in terms of humidors. Have an endtable type humidor and recently won a Verona on Cbid. Am now looking for a humidification device for the Verona. Have narrowed it down to a Cigar Oasis II or a Moist-N-Aire. Have done a search on the boards here and also a search on the Smoke Magazine site. I really can't find an objective review of the two (by "objective" I mean a review by a consumer, rather than the marketing hype produced by the manufacturers of the respective products). Has anyone on the board tried either of the two (I've found the reviews/advice here to be "down-to-earth" and very helpful)? Or, does anyone know of a link where I might get helpful information/comparison of effective between the two? Any/all responses would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.




penzt8
22 years ago
Unless you really want an active humidifier why not just use a passive humidifier? I have a large cabinet that I've had set up for a few years and all I use is oasis foam with 50/50 solution. It took a little experimentation to get the amount of foam right. I currently use a couple full size blocks of oasis foam and a couple smaller pieces on the top shelf. It works great.
smelly4tay
22 years ago
Couldn't agree more with penzt. I have done the same.....found "Oasis" Wet-foam, experimented with block sizes, and I saved a lot of money. Check out penzt's cognac-pic post for good ideas. MAKE sure to have a good supply of PG solution, and the best of luck to you.
Dave
Users browsing this topic